It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO landing site? Meteorite crater? Scientists baffled by gigantic 262ft hole

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The actual hole as viewed is smaller than the displacement above.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
GALACTUS IS COMING!
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 15 Jul 2014 21:12:20 -0500pm9America/Chicago by abeverage because: grrrr

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Its simple,
Russia had to store Chernobyl mess somewhere. Why not Siberia?
it obviously mixed with some local wildlife and BOOM 60ft radioactive Siberian death lizard.

In unrelated news, the suspiciously looking giant footprints are nothing of concern and any media reporting contrary to the fact will be prosecuted.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Maybe they are more like the beasts in Tremors with Kevin Bacon.

That might help explain some of the earthquakes in unusual locations too.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
That hole, to me, does look unique. The inside diameter looks smooth right above the lower part of the hole, it looks like the "lip" part was wet & it seems like water formed the cracks? If the part of the earth that was bubbled wasn't so big then I could believe that the dirt around it was the result of a small somewhat ejection of some material. Obviously the pictures & video is low quality so I can't tell if there is dirt farther away from the hole. Intriguing to say the least. Can't wait for updates!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I say something forced out of the ground. Not sinking in, but pushing out.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The Dholes have awoken....

Dholes of Cthulhu Mythos
edit on 15-7-2014 by Elathan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Maybe Geo thermal activity?

In Iceland I saw Geysers that reminded m a little of this.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I just want to take a moment to congratulate our constituency from the British Isles for refraining from all Margaret Thatcher jokes.

Well done.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
well after looking at google earth of this area id imagine its something natural since there are thousands of similar looking craters that have now become small lakes or ponds

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Bilk, good thread topic. That is one big ass hole now. It is curious indeed, as it is not a sink-hole, like you mention the debris has been pushed outward from within. I'm not buying the explosion theory mentioned in a caption under one of the pix. There seems to be no burned area, or blackened places from an explosion.

I think I figured it out......
Since 'they' are only talking theories so far, (take a deep breath), would the theory that it may be from an unknown species of SandWorm, or another huge creature be outlandish? I mean it could have been a Venusian Sproggitt that was left here after the last invasion of those critters, that originally come from Venus, well over a thousand years ago now. They leave stuff like that around the holes they create when coming up from underground where they breed......

I'm just sayin'......

( now where is that emoticon that has the rolling eyes?)

edit on 16-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
For reference……. the 'fire hole' i mentioned earlier is in Turkmenistan..

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Was originally a drilling ''accident'' supposedly was going to last a few days BUT has kept burning for 40 Years……

Does look different though to hole in this thread so probably NOT related…

PDUK

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
An empty cavern underneath, which probably formed eons ago and eventually gets large enough over time from erosion.

Permafrost/dirt roof finally gives in and drops what looks around 20-50 meters? (You can see the same colour in the video that seems to match the ejected dirt.)

When that big chunk drops then hits the bottom of the hole (think like dropping a rock in a bucket of water), that force has to take the path of least resistance, which would be UP and OUTWARDS. Kind of like splash back after a mighty poop.

That's what it looks like to me anyway.

edit on 16-7-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
Here's a YT video. It looks as if there's some type of reflection on the sides and even an odd glow that "domes" over the hole - almost like a "force field"
Odd stuff!

I don't see that. I see reflection on the window of the helicopter, and some light coloured vertical marks on the wall that appear to be where soil has poured in from the top.
edit on 16-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Here's a YT video. It looks as if there's some type of reflection on the sides and even an odd glow that "domes" over the hole - almost like a "force field"
Odd stuff!

Intriguing. Good find.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Looks like an impact, not sure what caused it. But something might have hit right over a cave system or a spot a sink was forming already. The only thing I've seen in person that looks like that was a blast mark on some stone that was being removed from a site. One of the larger stones had a hollow spot in it and made a shape like that.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Russian godzilla monster thing?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Edit: Not sure I buy the "global warming" excuse as we know that's not happening

I know, right? People always berate the 'ufo crowd' or the 'ancient-alien crowd' for jumping to conclusions, but before an investigatory scientific team arrives, the story has this caption:

"The enormous crater could be caused by global warming, with gas exploding below the surface"

No, no it could not. If it were a gas explosion, it would have happened with or without SUVs and people on the planet.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

No way...living in KY, I've seen plenty of images of sinkholes (and a few in person, although very small), not to mention the recent large ones around the world, and there is never a rim of dirt around the opening.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Probably a secret space laser weapons test. (or similar particle beam weapon)

Short burst, penetrating laser beam excavated the hole...the hole is elongated due to the rotation of the Earth, also notice the burnt areas?

Powerful space based laser test is my guess.

If it is, i could seriously see such a weapon being used as a DUMB counter measure.

If such a laser can bore down far enough, nobody, nowhere no matter how deep their base is will escape it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join