It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plymouth MTV and the Church of England

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

One Brit bitching, Plymouth is a big city, and there is always one where ever you go

Its a shame your cheap night in was spoiled OP, but is it really worthy of ATS, you should have posted it on Facebook then you could of had a proper winge with some locals who felt the same

edit on 15-7-2014 by dam00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Im going to the church and the local newspaper tomorrow! shocked! and saddened. how Christian of them to make children upset

a reply to: Lagrimas
erm it might have been you that upset them getting them all excited showing them videos of who they where going to hear and then who would of thought the quality free night ruined

are you for real

edit on 15-7-2014 by dam00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm not far from Plymouth, lived, worked and studied there over the years, and prefer it to Exeter.
Why didn't you just go down the Hoe or Citadel area, find a bit of space and enjoy the atmosphere outside the temporary arena?

"Go to bed and lay down silently kids" would not have been my option. The smallest one would have been on my shoulders as I bobbed about enjoying the party feeling, and doughnuts/hotdogs would have been munched a plenty.

OK, so the churches did their childish bell-ring thing, I don't believe in any gods or whatever so it is rare for me to support church opinions anyway. But bleating about it at home when you could have taken the kids on a mini evening adventure together? Glad my dad was a bit more fun than that and it influenced me the same. I took my son to many a non-approved-by the-police free party when he was little just for the adventure. You had a massive legal event within walking distance and yet sent the kids to bed? For that alone you get neither a flag or star from me.

*Edit*
...and this aint even a conspiracy in my opinion, just a whinging rant.
Oh, and please do tell how the conversation went with a journo from the Plymouth Herald? Have they got their best team researching your 'conspiracy' now? lol
edit on 16-7-2014 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You have never heard of the secret bell ringers of doom have you?.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Haha no, but after two hours continuous bell-ringing I bet you need arms like a scaffolder to become one!

...I still don't get why the OP didn't just walk to the fringes of the event with his kids and enjoy the party atmosphere there, instead of sending them to bed so he could bleat about it on ATS while the thing was still actually happening.
Yeah thanks for that dad, your open window plan failed and you prefer to be on ATS than take us on an evening adventure into town where it was happening. Lame.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I have sent one of my chief investigators to find out if the bells were actually ringing.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ah but if it IS a conspiracy as the OP asserts then there will most certainly be a cover-up.

...I can imagine the clergy discussing how to kill this story right now over a pleasant Devon cream tea in a darkened church hall somewhere in the city.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You are right I better recall my Monkey now...
You don't want The Club for Clergymen of doom on your back thanks for the tip.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
...and certainly NEVER The Westcountry Chapter of The Club for Clergymen of doom!!! OMGZ!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I know Iam even too scared to go outside but my monkeys will protect me...I hire them out by the dozen btw pm me

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You'll need more than a dozen mate, we have assault hardened ninja Dartmoor Ponies here, oh sure the tourists think they're cute for the photo's and all that but they don't know the darker secrets of our corner of England...
[sinister laugh]

edit on 16-7-2014 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Being a plymouth lad myself, I can't say I heard the bells. I was pretty close to all the noise but couldn't get a ticket so I just hung around in a suspicious manner
as you do.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk
Exactly what I would have done when I lived in the St Judes area, I bet there was plenty going on with street traders and all the rest of it, even without a ticket for the concert it would have been a laugh joining the fringe crowd with my son catching some free tunes.

...as I'm no longer in the Plymouth Herald area any more, do you know if they picked up on the OP's lead about a 'conspiracy' and/or ran a story about this outrage of bellringing? lol

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Exactly what I would have done when I lived in the St Judes area, I bet there was plenty going on with street traders and all the rest of it, even without a ticket for the concert it would have been a laugh joining the fringe crowd with my son catching some free tunes.

...as I'm no longer in the Plymouth Herald area any more, do you know if they picked up on the OP's lead about a 'conspiracy' and/or ran a story about this outrage of bellringing? lol

I didn't see anything in the Herald about the bells, then again I only read it now and then. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't report on it as it would be a negative story about something huge coming to the city.
edit on 19-7-2014 by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagrimas

oh my god! why isnt ats interested in this!? im shocked!

maybe because considering the last 2 days world events this is not that an important an issue ?? and hardly worthy of ATS conspiracies.

snoopyuk
edit on 19-7-2014 by snoopyuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yep that's a good point, I'm exactly the same with positive vibes for Plymouth, from St Judes to Stonehouse to Devonport to Swilly/North Prospect and St Budeaux I've only ever met decent straight talking folk who are more real and 'what you see is what you get' compared to my experiences in Exeter.
...I've never set foot in any Plymouth churches though so my knowledge of claimed conspiratorial Anglican bellringers is rather limited lol

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: snoopyuk
Pick from events in the world for any day over the last century and you'll find something more worthy of moaning about than the guy who chose to complain on ATS while bellringers at a church spoiled his kids free entertainment when he sent them to their room. Choosing to whine on his computer instead of taking them on a short walk to the venue to enjoy the atmosphere with them. Lame.
Why this has not been moved to the Rant forum I cannot imagine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join