It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Thor” Will Be A Woman In A New Marvel Comics Series

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
And Archie is to die saving his gay friend.

And the people need to stop their sick evil leaders by enmassing against them, united. Because this is their NWO and its a real sick thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
"Whosoever holds this hammer, if HE be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

Hmmm...I wonder if they'll fix the inscription on Mjolinir to make it unisex? Count me in the camp that thinks this is beyond stupid.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

But what about Loki? He put on a dress and no one bats an eye. This is silly and I welcome our new Thor with open...arms.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Ya after seeing pictures I would welcome her with open arms also

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
GGGGrrrrrrrrr.. I dont read comics - I watch the movies like the JLA animated films.

I'm 46 and the still so hot i'd dump my wife for her Linda Carter's Wonder Woman hed to use her Invisible Jet because she could not fly.

Well.. now she flys! I'm like WTF !? Turns out some smart arse had the bright idea to change it and what was Canon whent right out the window - creating a new Canon (which is absurd - if it's canon you don't mess with it) Seems the God Hermes or if you will Mercury gave Wonder Woman the power to fly in a "reboot" .

I am finding out they do this all the time - if for no other reason than to confuse the hell out of people LOL. In the Justice League of America film Origins I believe it was, they told of how the Justice League came to being the members were Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern and Green Arrow and Aquaman.

But later films such as Justice League Doom suggests a different original line up including the Martian Manhunter with no mention of Green Arrow at all.

Dont even try to follow the saga of how Captain Marvel once belonged to and was created by DC Comics in the 1930's but then was re-created in the 1960's by Stan Lee of Marvel comics - somehow DC lost the rights to the character way after they had owned it for years forcing them to rename their character to Shazam! This is the stuff of migraines. LOL

The fact now that they wanna make Thor a girl is ludicrous (as in ludicrous speed from Space Balls) If they wanted to make a Thor-ess female counterpart I have no problem with that but don't muck with the original.
edit on 16-7-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
They did say this was to be temporary didn't they?

It's not like this story line hasn't been played out before, and if the woman packing Mjolnir gains some traction in her own right as a character, they can then spin her off as something else when they redeem the real Thor.

At least they aren't killing him.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The things they do for attention is just retarded.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: knoledgeispower

However, asking people to separate the Marvel character, from the mythos of the traditional Thor, son of Odin, and part of the culture of an actual region of planet Earth in the real world, is utterly stupid and unrealistic, especially because the two are in some very important ways, one. The Thor of myth and legend, is, in the Marvel universe, the same fellow.

Saying a fictional storybook character like Thor from the Marvel comics is the same as the Norse God Thor is like saying Jesus from South Park is the same as the Jesus from Christianity. It's utterly stupid & unrealistic, sure they share the same name but that's it.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They did say this was to be temporary didn't they?

It's not like this story line hasn't been played out before, and if the woman packing Mjolnir gains some traction in her own right as a character, they can then spin her off as something else when they redeem the real Thor.

At least they aren't killing him.

Marvel Comics editor Wil Moss also emphasized that the new Thor “is not a temporary female substitute — she is now the one and only Thor.”

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm not hostile to this. But given the background of the Thor character (Norse myth and all), we're gonna have to see how the writers make this work. The story's going to have to be good.

Well, there have been other changes in Marvel Comics stories that were weird, but turned out well.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Done reading comics.

When you grow up with the characters in the books it isn't just super powers that make them who they are, Peter parker has a whole dimension to who he is, what he deals with and where he came from. Peter Parker IS Spiderman. Changing him to a half black / half mexican kid totally kills the whole character. If he was that guy from day one then fine but you don't change him after 53 years.

Sam wilson is Captain America.....not Falcon??

Thor is a woman??

Green lantern is gay now?

The Super heroes are still around but the characters are gone.

Comics now are just a platform to mirror problems in society and convert young people to a new way of thinking.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
a reply to: oblvion

Maybe Odin finally accepted Thor for who he is...a transgender God

not that theirs anything wrong with that

I knew that big ass hammer was just overcompensation for something. & that long blonde hair?

I can see it now:

Thor Episode #1: Fagnarok Draws Near

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Comics were always just a platform for the military industrial complex. Now it's time for the social agenda.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
then she will die by asian spiderman and be split into 4 super entities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join