It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Female Says Connecticut Logo Promotes Rape

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Believe me, I hate liberals as much as the next guy, but this isn't the case here. She is a women with a complaint who's letter is being DISTORTED, and all of you commented aren't even doing the slightest bit of research before putting your foots in your mouths.

Thank you for hating the left like a sane person!
edit on 2014-7-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
So one girl thinks the huskies' logo promotes rape and wrote a letter and it becomes a piece of propaganda to bash the left?

Not just the "left" but feminazis!

People can't read beyond the title and if it suits their agenda, they slurp it up.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Nice Logo. I can't see the relationship. It looks like an Alaskan dog to me with a smile. It does not look viscous at all.

Maybe this woman needs to talk to someone about interpreting things she sees incorrectly.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is the same type of person that would demand more feminism in a men's bathroom.

Stick to being a vegan and shut your trap lady.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Maybe this woman needs to talk to someone about interpreting things she sees incorrectly.

Maybe most people in this thread need to talk to someone about READING.
The OP is a lie.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
People don't seem to read, maybe a new thread is in order. The title should read "Steven Ahle, a man with zero reading comprehension and compulsive liar, distorts woman's letter. ATS overlooks the content of the real letter in favor of ignorance."

Well that's ATS right?
Sensationalist headlines and just 10% of people reading the actual article before posting.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I did read the original post, went with the information at hand as to what the op was about. Once a thread is on going, I tend to come back and gather the information I did not have or I did not see before.

I have read the original letter and clearly it is true that the man twisted her words around, I did not see any rape connected to her words or in the accusations against these college men.

However after reading her letter I still think she should never have mentioned the husky at all. People are really tired of the whole "constantly offended" " scared of their own shadows" "the dog made me/them/him/her do it, or the dog did it" tactics. She does have a valid point, she just did not follow it up well at the end of it and in not doing so she took away from what importance her argument had in the first place.

Steven Ahle who wrote the article in the op should take it down and re-write it, because attention grabbing as it might be, his article and headline are mostly false. That is not the op's or anyone else's fault though.

As for those of you bitching about everyone else's lack of reading skills....we read what the op put out there for us. He used the headline that was given to the article....per the rules of ATS. To my knowledge, not one of us is psychic so did not know before hand that what we were reading was highly misconstrued.

What do you expect? This is not an online college class, where constant research is a requirement for all. This is, for most of us the few minutes we get here and there a day to come and discuss matters that are in some way important to us. I saw the headline, I saw part of what I consider to be a war on men and I jumped in with my two cents.

I feel fine about that.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I was born and raised in Connecticut and my husband went to that school. If she's claiming the Husky or pride in the sports teams promotes rape ... then she's a whackadoo. If she's claiming that bad male behavior goes unpunished ... she could have a point. It happens in a lot of the colleges.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I guess I should have read the article, or even some posts in the thread (it appears she may not have a problem with the logo itself?) before trying to interpret how the logo could inspire rape in the mind of a feminist... I completely missed the whole idea of an aggressive looking alpha male beast, and began looking for some kind of hidden symbolism/hidden images. I saw a phallic shape thrusting upward on the forehead, into a possible vagina? I even had the eyes as ovaries lol... I was just trying to figure out what they were talking about... I was like "no that cant be it... but what else in this image could it be?" Even then it would be intercourse not rape. But yeah...always remember to read before jumping to conclusions lol!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join