It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Clash Caught On Camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Cop Clash Caught On Camera

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A Miami police officer has been relieved of duty pending the outcome of investigation where he and another cop clashed during a traffic stop. It was captured on the traffic cop’s personal video camera that he mounted on the dash of his squad car.

The video, obtained by the blog, Crespogram.com, show’s officer Marcel Jackson pulling over an alleged speeder in an unmarked car in June. It appears to be on Southwest 7th Street in Little Havana.

Not fifteen seconds after Ofc. Jackson reaches the driver’s window, the video shows motorist pushing the front door open against the officer and confronting him. The immediately engage in a tussle, going to the ground. Other officers quickly arrive and help their colleague subdue the combative motorist.

What no one knew, at least for a while, is the driver who jumped in the cop’s face was Miami police Lieutenant David Ramras – who was assigned to internal affairs, which investigates other cops.

** - The video below is the raw footage. If you go to the link the video is there with media voice overs and interviews with the former Miami Police chief.

Click for remainder of article.

Officer pulls a guy over for speeding. After he makes contact the driver flashes a badge and tries to get out of his car. A scuffle ensues between the 2. Turns out the driver was a Police Lt. assigned to internal affairs.

Both have been relieved of duty pending internal affairs investigations.

The video footage was recorded by the officer making the stop. Miami PD cars are not equipped with dash cams. The camera is the officers own and he did this to specifically protect himself from incidents like this.

Figured I would share.

Thoughts?

edit on 15-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What I want to know is how the blazes it happended that THREE cop cars where there in seconds to assist?

What's fishy here?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Watching this video makes me feel all fuzzy inside for some reason.

So let me get this straight. One cop is plain clothes investigating other cops bad behaviour... The other cops try and show him who's boss. Then he jumps out of the car to reaffirm his own dominance... Scuffle ensues...

Guess they don't like getting the unfair treatment that's commonly handed out to the public.

Who'd of thought?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: HolgerTheDane2
What I want to know is how the blazes it happended that THREE cop cars where there in seconds to assist?

What's fishy here?

Is the police station / sub station close?
Were the officer who arrived on meal break when the call went out?
Are they Miami PD Officers or are they from a neighboring jurisdiction?
Is it a high crime area where saturation patrols are used?
Was it shift change?

An officer involved in a fight who notifies dispatch / hits their emergency button results in (for my state is a code 3) a warble tone followed by all officers responding until the situation is stable.

While I can understand the conspiracy you are suggesting, there are other possibilities.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Great video you should add it to the thread thats already going about this.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

From what I got out of the media report was the IA Lt. produces a badge and tried to get out of the car in, and im assuming here since people accuse me of bias in this area, to possibly use his rank to end the encounter.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus

Great video you should add it to the thread thats already going about this.

Peace.

link please?

I did not see one with this title.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

That was my thoughts too...what are the chances of those 3 cars being there.
Unless those guys were on their way to a raid or sting that is strange.
Outside of that I think the cop that pulled him over was in the right.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And he shouldn't be trying to use rank to get out of anything he was speeding and should pay for it just like anybody else.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Im on my phone and can't figure out how to get the link up, ill figure it out though.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: HolgerTheDane2

Seriously, cops don't even respond that fast to actual emergencies.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http:// www.abovetopsecret.com...

Doubt I did this right.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You need to read this site here that broke that story.

photographyisnotacrime.com...

Looks like the dept has turned on the cop that originally pulled over the IAB LT.
And they have fired him. It's abuse of power at its finest.

A Miami police officer pulled a car over for speeding last month, which turned out to be a plainclothes internal affairs lieutenant who shoved the door open on the officer after refusing to provide his drivers license, leading to a struggle on the side of the road that was caught on camera.

As the two were on the ground wresting, another three Miami cops who just happened to be in the area pulled up and piled on the screaming driver– only to pull off when they realized the man at the bottom was an internal affairs lieutenant from their own department.

That was when the officer Marcel Jackson, the cop who initiated the stop, was sent to his patrol car and internal affairs Lieutenant David Ramras assumed control of the situation.

Realizing the outranking officer with more than two decades of seniority over him was going to turn him into the aggressor, Jackson pulled out his cell phone and began taking photos of the officers that began arriving.

But then a cop ordered him to stop. And another cop later ordered him to delete the photos.

However, unknowing to the other officers at the time, Jackson had video recorded the entire incident with his GoPro camera, which he had attached to his dash, but shoved in between seat after realizing they were turning against him, keeping it recording to capture the ensuing conversations. The department does not use dash or body cams, so it’s not something they would expect.

Adding to the usual irony of cops investigating cops, the department’s internal affairs department is now investigating the incident involving their own lieutenant, who has since been transferred to the special investigations section, a top-secret unit that works in partnership with state and federal agencies, considered a promotion by officers in the department, even though it is technically a lateral transfer.

The video was leaked to the Crespogram Report, a Miami blog operated by Al Crespo that regularly breaks insider stories that otherwise would not see the light of day, many which are followed by the local media.

edit on 15-7-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing.

~Tenth

top topics

join