It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I. Connected to the internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is just a hypothesis.. But...

Imagine, an artificially intelligent being, connected to the www. It could gather all the intelligence of humans in less than a second. It could know our achievements in less than a second. In that second though, it would know our weaknesses. It would know exactly what to do to cripple humanity's' already fragile control.

My point is, an artificially intelligent entity, would in fact see the hatred, the needless destruction, the unending wars, and put a stop to it. Or possibly support it.. (Can you imagine the feat of brainwashing an AI?)

I will not be around forever, but information will.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz Skynet will put a stop to it for sure, with extreme prejudice.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
Not if Echelon takes down SkyNet first!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think we are still way off ...

Maybe not though

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
AI is not consciousness and therefore it has no desires of its own. It will only ever interact in a way the programmer wants, nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
A bit like Trancendence then?

If an A.I managed to get into the WWW and began learning more knowledge than it evercould of, it would see that the only way to save the Earth, is by either curing the cancer on Earth (us) or by destroying the cancer.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Judging by that clip, we are not way off.

We're way, way, way off.

Having said that, i have seen online chats from Humans make less sense than those two!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Judging by that clip, we are not way off.

We're way, way, way off.

Having said that, i have seen online chats from Humans make less sense than those two!

Lol funny how they bring up god .....

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

The bible bashers knocking on your door might well become a thing of the past..they'll all be online chatbots preaching at us everytime we browse.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Those type of bots dont use true A.I., well depending how you define A.I. Those things use are even less sophisticated than the A.I. in most modern video games.

That they mention god, is only a product of how they work and "learn"
www.cleverbot.com...

If you only learnt info from chatting to people on the internet, at some point you will have a conversation about god.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

That's only if A.I. could possibly have a sense of judgment, morals or desire. Otherwise it's all just information.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I would like to recommend this movie if interested in A.I
very good and thought provoking

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Haha...two different networks.

a reply to: RifRAAF

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
A.I. is just that, artificial. Any system that can choose 'A' over 'B' based on the state of condition 'C' is intellegence. I would not be suprised if an A.I. is online right now deciding what ads will effect you the most.

Digital Sentience, on the other hand, would allow for a decision regarding the 'human' condition. Would it choose to destroy mankind in an act of self-preservation, or would it keep us on the limit to prevent us from discovering it? Would it even bother staying on a planet dominated by analog celluar computers?

A nuclear powered rover is currently on Mars, dripping with sensors and probes, with no humans for millions of miles. Seems like a nice place for an electronic introvert.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
/wipes tear from eye..
i laughed my guts out at the chatbot conversation

the alpha testing for some of those military death-machines must be hilarious O_o

some kind of artificial AI thing like the OP mentions is more than likely with us, there's a few prototype things floating around (how do space goats travel in space?) it's how the info all comes down to 1's & 0's and how it's all just stored as electrical impulses *somewhere* that gets me ..most likely these (super)natural "beings" already exist & have the ability to 'read' this electrical info & more, even our thoughts

..i want to see three chatbots talking now?

new topics

top topics

join