It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.3 million Obamacare ‘enrollees’ may not even be American citizens, admits HHS report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

No worries.

I'm glad we're on the same team.

[Frantically raises hand. "Pick me! Pick me!"]

Bishop
edit on 7/15/2014 by Bishop2199 because: I like change.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Ok, I know tax season is over with, HOWEVER, when I went to file my taxes, there was a WHOLE section in a book explaining about what "kind" of Illegals were eligible for it. I was kinda perturbed.

If someone can, as I am not tech saavy, I can not even copy and paste, but I'm pretty sure if you get on a tax website, (Don't know if you can mention one on here specifically.) But they should have the manual on there. If someone can post it on here, you'll see what I mean.

Offtopic: I was watching The Day After Tomorrow the other day, and had to laugh when the part came up that the Mexican border was closed, due to the amount of American refugees, but they decided to re-open it when the US cut a deal with Mexico........It's ok for them to do it to us, but if the situation was reversed, it's not ok.......ppffffttt......OKAY

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: thepolish1

Good info

Do you happen to know what publication this is ?

Like maybe for a specific form like a 1040 etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The real outrage here is that some people in this country seel ILLEGALS as nothing more than voters, and taxpayers.

That's it.

Oh and someone else to LIE to promising them larger, and larger pieces of the pie, while delivering nothing but empty promises.

That is the real deal about 'Amnesty' and 'immigration'.
edit on 15-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
They found inconsistencies and they are working to resolve them. This is news?

1.3 million illegals in the system. That's more than just 'they found inconsistencies'. And yes, even though Obama fans try to chat it down, this IS important information.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Here's 3 sites that address the issues....

Complicated.

I think the issue is about the subsidies ?

Questions and Answers on the Individual Shared Responsibility Provision

Immigration and Obamacare

Obamacare FAQs for Immigrants

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thank you for that, I'd love to input more, but, I have to go somewhere, I will check back in a while, Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Didnt we say from the beginning...?...

Government doesnt not solve problems, government IS the problem!

Government will kick and scream and stomp around like a 4 yr old until it gets its way, but the fact remains, IT IS THE PROBLEM (Child)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A new report issued by the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) admits that nearly 1.3 million Obamacare enrollees, or about 16 percent of the overall total, cannot be verified for legal status in the U.S. — in other words, most, if not all, of them are illegal immigrants rather than American citizens.

The shocking figures can be found on page 11 of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) report, entitled Marketplaces Faced Early Challenges Resolving Inconsistencies with Applicant Data. According to the figures, 1,295,571 “inconsistencies” — this is a politically correct way of implying missing or fraudulent data — found on Obamacare applications involved issues of citizenship, national status or lawful presence in the U.S., meaning applicants did not or could not verify this important information.

This is a lovely case of IGNORANCE ...where the author fills in the blanks with a story.

So...I filled out all my families data on the Obamacare site so I could see the rates offered for me and my family.

I found a policy offered by BCBS on the site that was better coverage and less expensive than the policy I had at the time through BCBS.

I called up BCBS and asked WTF? And they gave me/changed my family policy to that plan...same plan on the Exchange down to the plan # etc. except (non-exchange)...still private policy.

Done...except come last week I get a call from HHS looking to "confirm" my daughters citizenship?? Telling me if I didn't, then I risk having my application would be voided!

I call the woman back and ask WTF? I already have a policy through BCBS non-exchange...She explains they are required to confirm the citizenship of every exchange APPLICANT or they void the application.

SO...Anyone that filled out data to check out rates is included on this not-able-verify BS you are citing. It does NOT mean they are receiving insurance right now...IT is what it states...APPLICANT DATA...NOT POLICY HOLDERS

AND THEY ARE VOIDING APPLICANTS THEY CANT CONFIRM... What is the problem?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

One down, 1.299 million to go !!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

That still doesn't address the fact that certain illegals are still eligible for Insurance, why is beyond me, they are called illegals for a reason, it is against the law, the common person can't do anything illegal, and not have practically a proctology exam damn near. Get my drift. These Illegals seem like they think it's ok to break the law, and apparently the Good Ol' President thinks it's ok to.

He should have got impeached a long time ago.........

I have a few stories about illegals, if you'd like to hear them, pm me.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepolish1

That still doesn't address the fact that certain illegals are still eligible for Insurance

No they are not. The law forbids it. It is being enforced. That is just reality and there is no evidence to the contrary. If you disagree, provide some actual evidence.

How you feel about Illegal Immigrants or President Obama are different issues altogether.

edit on 16-7-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

That still doesn't address the fact that certain illegals are still eligible for Insurance

No they are not. The law forbids it. It is being enforced. That is just reality and there is no evidence to the contrary. If you disagree, provide some actual evidence.

How you feel about Illegal Immigrants or President Obama are different issues altogether.

To quote Hillary..."What does it matter"...where they are bleeding us from, be it the leg, the arm or the body...when the only important fact is that they are bleeding us. And they are bleeding us at a time when we aren't able to take the punishment. We are down right now thanks to Obama, and they are feeding on our weakened body. The usual result of that is death. And I'm not ready for my country to die.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Indigo5

To quote Hillary..."What does it matter"...where they are bleeding us from, be it the leg, the arm or the body...when the only important fact is that they are bleeding us. And they are bleeding us at a time when we aren't able to take the punishment. We are down right now thanks to Obama, and they are feeding on our weakened body. The usual result of that is death. And I'm not ready for my country to die.

Not sure what to say there? Good luck with that worldview? ...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Complicated.

Indigo,

if you would have bothered to read a few posts up from this one, the link is there, thank you again xuenchen,
It is titled Immigration and Obamacare, read it, and I'm pretty sure if you can see that our own government is covering some Illegal Immigrants.

Well, you know the saying, You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink......

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The real outrage here is that some people in this country seel ILLEGALS as nothing more than voters, and taxpayers.

That's it.

Oh and someone else to LIE to promising them larger, and larger pieces of the pie, while delivering nothing but empty promises.

That is the real deal about 'Amnesty' and 'immigration'.

neo, I know when you first got on this site, we bumped heads more than once, but I see you in a different light.

I actually heard someone say they should deny their citizenship of the US, and come back as an immigrant, and live the good life. Which if you think about it, it's true. I'm still trying to figure out how in the hell, most immigrants work the same job as me, and has a way better car, and clothes than me. I'm sure that is gonna be like..."How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll sucker........."

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Complicated.

Indigo,

if you would have bothered to read a few posts up from this one, the link is there, thank you again xuenchen,
It is titled Immigration and Obamacare, read it, and I'm pretty sure if you can see that our own government is covering some Illegal Immigrants.

Well, you know the saying, You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink......

So ...I read through those links and none of them speak to illegal immigrants?

Link 1

11. Are all individuals living in the United States subject to the individual shared responsibility provision?

All U.S. citizens living in the United States are subject to the individual shared responsibility provision as are all permanent residents and all foreign nationals who are in the United States long enough during a calendar year to qualify as resident aliens for tax purposes. Foreign nationals who live in the United States for a short enough period that they do not become resident aliens for federal income tax purposes are not subject to the individual shared responsibility payment even though they may have to file a U.S. income tax return. The IRS has more information available on when a foreign national becomes a resident alien for federal income tax purposes.

Link 2
Discusses a PROPOSED rule in January 2013 for verification of children's immigration status under CHIP? And that rule proposal was superseded by the final Verification bill that the GOP proposed and passed. That said, even that PROPOSAL required confirmation of citizenship.

Link 3

There are roughly 10 million immigrants who are here legally with green cards or visas, and the new law will require many of them to have health care insurance.

Again discusses people here legally on Visa?

Honest question...were you confused or was the aim dishonesty? Because the links say NOTHING about ILLEGAL Immigrants. People here legally on Visa who might use our healthcare system have obligations to participate and contribute and that is what these links describe.

Do you consider ALL immigrants the same? Both legal and those here on student and work Visa's etc.??

Your post was stunningly misleading as the links you provided said nothing about illegal immigrants receiving healthcare benefits under ACA.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OK, as I read it, And where I seen it at, , and I will get a copy of this tomorrow, as, one of the employees lives down the road from me,.....

ANY PARENT THAT IS "ILLEGAL" IF THEY HAVE A CHILD BORN IN THE STATES.............THEY ARE COVERED UNDER ACA.

The parent and the child.......If I am wrong, then I will say so. Why are you being so.......PI$$Y? Are you Illegal?

I'm not just talking Mexican. My forefathers came here honestly on one side, the other......WELL......

The white skin killed most of our people, should I be mad about that?

I'm not...It was a different time.

I'd certainly hope we have evolved as a culture to get over it. I have....

HOWEVER...there is a lost art that has been lost years ago called "COMMEN SENSE"

I'm afraid that it is lost forever.

And it does not reign in todays society. Sad really......

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Illegals could always get healthcare in this country, there were always hospitals that provided care whether or not a person could afford it, no matter their origin. They would still get the big bill but it was paid by the patients that can afford/ were insured for their own medical expenses.

Obamacare just makes it more efficient to pay the medical expenses of illegals and those that can't afford treatment by further spreading the costs. It's not a surprise that a portion of Obamacare subscribers are illegal immigrants. Whether or not they enroll in Obamacare is irrelevant. The moment they go to a hospital, they get care.

The truth is that ALL non-American citizens will benefit from Obamcare at taxpayer expense. There might be 1.3 million illegal immigrant enrollments but there are more than 10 million illegal beneficiaries.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join