It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Crisis Deepens. 500+ Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Anyone else been following this Ebola crisis in West Africa? Well, I have and I'm here to report that the death toll is now over 500. This thread is more of an update to my other Ebola thread where the count was at 467 than a new one. I hope this doesn't get out of control. Ebola is one of the world's most deadly diseases. It has no cure and it has a high mortality rate

Ebola, a hemorrhagic fever that can cause its victims to bleed from the ears and nose, had never before been seen in this part of West Africa where medical clinics are few and far between. The disease has turned up in at least two other countries — Liberia and Sierra Leone — and 539 deaths have been attributed to the outbreak that is now the largest on record.

The key to halting Ebola is isolating the sick, but fear and panic have sent some patients into hiding, complicating efforts to stop its spread. Ebola has reached the capitals of all three countries, and the World Health Organization reported 44 new cases including 21 deaths on Friday.

Hm.m.m...So, 44 new cases means over 800 cases, right? And 21 new deaths means 560 dead, right? IDK, but I'll keep an eye on this. What says ATS?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Thanks for keeping us updated. On another but maybe related note.

I heard an interview with a Border Patrol Agent last night, where he said the Cartels are charging $10,000 per person, from Africa, to bring them through Mexico to get them to our border.

I wonder...just can't help but wonder....

Des

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I don't doubt that being infected by Ebola is all but a death sentence, with only a 10% survival rate.

What I do wonder about is there any need for really serious panic;

"Ebola then spreads in the community through human-to-human transmission, with infection resulting from direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected people, and indirect contact with environments contaminated with such fluids," writes the WHO.

From This Source

I'm not saying it's not concerning, I'm just wondering what the chances of this thing actually becoming legitimately airborne is, as it seems at the moment it isn't, other than someone sneezing or coughing directly onto you.

If it does go airborne..........?

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I may be reading your mind, Des......
Bring in the United Nation....

and indirect contact with environments contaminated with such fluids

Just touch a door nob and a massive amount of people could become infected,then they could bring in the World Health Organization.....

We have the recipe for 'The Perfect Storm'!

Of course LE and military would turn on citizens for 'the greater good' under such circumstances.
edit on 1u1010America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

I heard an interview with a Border Patrol Agent last night, where he said the Cartels are charging $10,000 per person, from Africa, to bring them through Mexico to get them to our border.

Des

From Africa? I suppose that's possible. There are darker skinned Latinos from Central and South America. Honestly, I've never seen anyone crossing the border with darker skin. Then again, maybe I'm just seeing what the media wants me to see.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is an animal borne disease so what are they doing about the import of animals from Africa? I truly hope this has ended for ethical reasons but I fear there is still a black market for it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: Destinyone

Des

From Africa? I suppose that's possible. There are darker skinned Latinos from Central and South America. Honestly, I've never seen anyone crossing the border with darker skin. Then again, maybe I'm just seeing what the media wants me to see.

I was briefly in a Mexican immigration jail and there were three girls there from Vietnam and they had paid someone to get them into the States after a period of time working the debt off in Mexico. They were very much in limbo as they had got caught working, as I did, but they couldn't enter the States nor did their country seem much interested in helping. They'd spent a few months there already whereas my Canadian ass got deported right quick. And some criminal made a munch of bucks off of them. While I realize they took a stupid risk it was still sad to see.

Edited to add that I forgot my point.... There's enough variety of people crossing a border that skin color isn't going to trigger suspicion. In fact, the three Asian girls I mentioned could have crossed easily looking like tourists so traffickers could charge the big bucks for Africans. Those are not poor Africans if they can afford that and could easily dress the part to look like business people etc. I think the Hispanics would have a harder time, IMHO. Sorry gone a wee bit off topic.
edit on 15-7-2014 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Ebola is normally transmitted in the above described manner.....but I was sure there was concern that this strain may be far more easily transmissible....maybe because of a slightly longer incubation period IDK bout that....but iot usually kills off the infected fast enough to stop the spread....this is different this round....

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yea, this story is definitely a scary one, but one that needs to be followed and observed, because this has the potential to grow even more out of control. Maybe someone can answer this for me, in regards to the incubation period for Ebola (typically 2-21 days), is that considered short? Meaning, it's not a "real" global threat, but more regional, due to the fact that people who get the disease typically die and/or can't maneuver around, which means they can't spread it from continent to continent...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Except for when people go into hiding like what they're doing in Africa. Some hide from doctors and avoid Western med. because they are suspicious that Western med. is the cause of the spreading.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ebola Fact sheet from The WHO….
www.who.int...

check out the table at the end concerning the chronological outbreaks since 1976……….. high fatality rate alright..

Regards

PDUK
edit on 15-7-2014 by PurpleDog UK because: spellin……… AGAIN

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Anyone else been following this Ebola crisis in West Africa?

Yes. Started back in March, documented here: Ebola Epidemic Could Become Global Crisis.

top topics

join