It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amelia Earhart Circumnavigates the Globe in a Single Engine Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
24,300 miles in 17 days and she's a hottie too

Amelia (Rose ... not Mary) Earhart completed the flight path of her namesake, almost 80 years later, becoming the youngest female pilot to do so.

Pioneers in aviation have always been heroes to many. This young lady deserves a pat on the back. I wonder how many other 'namesakes' never measured up to the task.

The link above is a nice little clip to document her achievement, and my hat is off to her, her family, and the team who helped her achieve this milestone.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The first Amelia got pretty close. Glad to see this young lady finished the journey 79 years later.
edit on 2014/7/14 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Back to FoxNews again?! OH! jk jk

I should tell my young pilot friend about this story. I am sure he will also think Earhart is a hottie.

Didn't the original Earhart end up stranded on some deserted island? I guess nobody will ever know for sure...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I always wondered at what happened to this lady, she was a genuine pioneer, rumors include a sighting of a white woman matching her description and a white man whom were beheaded by Japanese on a Japanese controlled island before the war at about the time she dissapeared and on an atol the sole of a lady's show of about the right size was found but no one knows, these are only two of the rumors but the one where a woman was beheaded it was supposed that the US intelligence asked her to fly over the Japanese controlled island at a time of rising tensions in but well before the war to take a look at what the japanese where up to, it seem's implausible today but what if.

A genuine Avation hero and a groundbreaker in her day whom still inspires woman today.

new topics

top topics

join