It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do peole think that Jesus was god?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

..but Melchazidek is the everlasting priesthood. The Priesthood of Christ.
It says that about "Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest".
Numbers 25:13
And he shall have it, and his seed after him, even the covenant of an everlasting priesthood; because he was zealous for his God, and made an atonement for the children of Israel.
(King James Version)

The point is that the priesthood was never intended to be of Levi...but of Melchizadek...and eventually the everlasting priesthood of Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins.
The writer of Hebrews says that the covenant that made Aaron priest was weak, so was put aside.
It doesn't say that it was never meant to be in the first place, but that when given the chance to work, it turned out not being sufficient.
It isn't like something forced the Melchizedek priesthood into hiatus.
What it took to continue that former priesthood was another person who would live forever.
So the writer is dealing with typology rather than actual facts, while building an argument for why there was this prophecy in Psalms with the messianic oath being understood to apply to the line of David.

One in certain religions...is a word describing another god..not the God of the Bible.
A type is singular by definition.

...Peace and Rest are names for Him.
According to who?

For He is the fulfillment of all this daykeeping in the Olde Testament. It is now done away with the advent of the Cross and His Blood...to usher in the New Testament.
You are just making this all up. I told you that earlier, and rather than producing any support, you are just reiterating your earlier claim.

Many Churches do not make this point because they like to have daykeeping..and such practices which are of bondage.
You make the point because you made it up.

I believe this is one of the points many of the posters are making about many Churches today. That they are more in line with bondage than Liberty intended in the Word. And they are correct.
"Liberty" in the word is about being free of a life of sin, so it isn't a supposed freedom to do whatever you want.
The intention of the word is to have people who are living to righteousness, and not an instruction sheet on how to get to Heaven regardless of what sort of life you lived.

Same as I said above, "you are just reiterating your earlier claims", applies to the rest of your post here that I am replying to.
edit on 29-7-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

I thank you in advance for any information's you can provide me here for my continued education.
This is stuff you can look up in Wikipedia.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It is going to take God Himself to bring some stubborn non-Catholic Christians to the Faith. Even then, some will say no! I pray Jim Dewey is NOT one of them.

Jim Dewey writes:
"They were early protestants who were literally slaughtered like animals BY Charles Borromeo.
I think they were buying on the black market, printed pages of the New Testament from Germany.
To this day, the SEPTUAGINT is problematic and why I have my blog to make a translation of it.
So it is no surprising thing that they didn't use it."

St. Chalres Borromeo murdered Protestants? Please share how that is possible.

What about the Protestant Inquisition? One of the killings, St. Thomas More's murder. And the murder of thousands of English Catholics. 2 million Irish Catholics were starved to death by Cromwell!

Martin Luther threw out 7 books of the New Testament because they conflicted, went against with his new heretical teachings. Luther used the excuse to say he followed the Palestinian Canon. There are two OT Canons. Palestinians were people in Judaism denying the Christian Faith. The Alexandrian OT Canon is the correct Canon of which Our Lord and the Apostles quoted most often from the Septuagint, there are 270 quotes. Figures, why they threw out the Septuagint. Luther was not guided by God, rather obvious.

It is so contradicting, to reject the Faith, Roman Catholicism while you accept the New Testament Canon of the Catholic Church! Do not give that already used excuse, you protest with an early Orthodox New Testament Canon because it contains books not found in the Gospel of the Protestant Bible. You accept the Roman Catholic New Testament Canon.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: maes2

Who is "son of man" in gospels !?
That is a very controversial subject that hasn't been satisfactorily resolved.
I was stating in an earlier on this thread my idea that it could be the person who Christianity has made into the third person of the Trinity godhead.
A lot of people just think that Jesus had the odd habit of referring to himself in the third person.
Some people think that it was a quirk of the language of that time, where Jesus lived.
Some people think that it was the mysterious figure from the Book of Daniel.
Some people think that it was a character from the Book of Enoch.
The general practice is to equate that person with Jesus.
My idea is that Jesus on purpose distanced himself from that other person.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: colbe

St. Charles Borromeo murdered Protestants? Please share how that is possible.
I think he was given sainthood as a reward for fighting the Reformation in Italy.
The church recognizes him for being a "counter-reformationist" , which is a euphemism for being a Protestant-hunter.
I think that Borromeo was the most ruthless murderer in the Reformation era.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
A request.
Please keep my posts together and reply underneath. Or if you have to, quote part of my post and reply, one on one is bearable in reply. It is awful when some people take your post apart sentence by sentence and even half sentences to talk more. The people reading it lose the meaning of the original post. This is the plan of those who do this. And ridiculous, they've divided your original post by ten comments! Are you suppose to then take the time to reply to each one of their comments then? Who has the time and it is endless.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

St. Charles Borromeo murdered Protestants? Please share how that is possible.
I think he was given sainthood as a reward for fighting the Reformation in Italy.
The church recognizes him for being a "counter-reformist" , which is a euphemism for being a Protestant-hunter.
I think that Borromeo was the most ruthless murderer in the Reformation era.

You mislead, calling St. Charles a murderer. Name the people St.Charles physically murdered. Lying is mortal sin.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

This is the plan of those who do this.
You are just being paranoid.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: colbe
A request.
Please keep my posts together and reply underneath. Or if you have to, quote part of my post and reply, one on one is bearable in reply. It is awful when some people take your post apart sentence by sentence and even half sentences to talk more. The people reading it lose the meaning of the original post. This is the plan of those who do this. And ridiculous, they've divided your original post by ten comments! Are you suppose to then take the time to reply to each one of their comments then? Who has the time and it is endless.

yes...

you are supposed to respond accordingly to the comments in whatever way you feel is correct...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It is going to take God Himself to bring some stubborn non-Catholic Christians to the Faith. Even then, some will say no! I pray Jim Dewey is NOT one of them.

Jim Dewey writes:
"They were early protestants who were literally slaughtered like animals BY Charles Borromeo.
I think they were buying on the black market, printed pages of the New Testament from Germany.
To this day, the SEPTUAGINT is problematic and why I have my blog to make a translation of it.
So it is no surprising thing that they didn't use it."

St. Chalres Borromeo murdered Protestants? Please share how that is possible.

What about the Protestant Inquisition? One of the killings, St. Thomas More's murder. And the murder of thousands of English Catholics. 2 million Irish Catholics were starved to death by Cromwell!

Martin Luther threw out 7 books of the New Testament because they conflicted, went against with his new heretical teachings. Luther used the excuse to say he followed the Palestinian Canon. There are two OT Canons. Palestinians were people in Judaism denying the Christian Faith. The Alexandrian OT Canon is the correct Canon of which Our Lord and the Apostles quoted most often from the Septuagint, there are 270 quotes. Figures, why they threw out the Septuagint. Luther was not guided by God, rather obvious.

It is so contradicting, to reject the Faith, Roman Catholicism while you accept the New Testament Canon of the Catholic Church! Do not give that already used excuse, you protest with an early Orthodox New Testament Canon because it contains books not found in the Gospel of the Protestant Bible. You accept the Roman Catholic New Testament Canon.

The underlined. Take back your words Jim, you presented St. Charles as a murderer. Shame on you. I am sure
in Heaven, St. Charles has already forgiven you. The ha, ha, Reformation was a revolt from the Faith.

There is only one Lord, one Faith, one Baptism (Eph 4:5).

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

A request.

yes...

you are supposed to respond accordingly to the comments in whatever way you feel is correct...

I am making a personal request. Be prideful if you wish and ignore it. Our silly fallen nature.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

You mislead, calling St. Charles a murderer. Name the people St.Charles physically murdered. Lying is mortal sin.
It is not my fault that you don't know the history of the Protestant Reformation.
I was talking about the most notorious act of cruelty in the time that the Reformation was underway.
This was the murder of the Waldensians of Piedmont that sent shock waves of horror all across Europe at the news of this vicious campaign of genocide conducted by Borromeo.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

A request.

yes...

I am making a personal request. Be prideful if you wish and ignore it. Our silly fallen nature.

haha... You're funny colbe

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

A request.

yes...

haha... You're funny colbe

Thanks! My family tells me I lost my sense of humor when I found the Faith. I worry because we are in the
end times is all Akragon. If only I could help Jim, I love him too.

It is hard for people to change, the grace of God, brings conversion. Why the Blessed Mother has begged for centuries...pray, pray, pray.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I always use the REPLY button to reply, that way, there is a highlighted text at the top of the post that is a link to the post that I am replying to, which brings up the entire post.
What I do is what make by remarks directly next to what I am replying to.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Shame on you. I am sure
in Heaven, St. Charles has already forgiven you. The ha, ha, Reformation was a revolt from the Faith.
So?
You should go on a Crusade then, killing all non-Catholics, by that "logic".

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It is not my fault that you don't know the history of the Protestant Reformation.
I was talking about the most notorious act of cruelty in the time that the Reformation was underway.
This was the murder of the Waldensians of Piedmont that sent shock waves of horror all across Europe at the news of this vicious campaign of genocide conducted by Borromeo.

Zipo, you named St. Charles specifically, you misled people. Say you are sorry.

God wants you to become Catholic, you already accept her God given authority whenever you quote the New Testament Canon.

Jim Dewey:
"They were early protestants who were literally slaughtered like animals BY Charles Borromeo."

Interesting, St. Charles was helpful in inventing the Confessional. Privacy for the penitent.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Shame on you. I am sure
So?
You should go on a Crusade then, killing all non-Catholics, by that "logic".

You didn't reply to the murder of English Catholics and 2 million Irish Catholics by Cromwell because of the Protestant
Inquisition! Selective..
And no reply from you on the Alexandrian Canon, which contains the SEPTUAGINT which Our Lord and His Apostles quoted 270 times. Stupid Martin Luther.

See how it helps to keep the original post intact Jim? Ah, another sneaky reason some folks don't. They divide up
with a list of sentences from the original and not all is included.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You didn't reply to the murder of English Catholics and 2 million Irish Catholics by Cromwell because of the Protestant Inquisition!
I do not condone those things.
In that situation, I would have to side with the Catholics, just out of humanity and disregarding any sort of party loyalty.

And no reply from you on the Alexandrian Canon, which contains the SEPTUAGINT which Our Lord and His Apostles quoted 270 times. Stupid Martin Luther.
I was just reading a web page today that lists NT quotes from the OT and the conclusion of it was that most are quoting the Septuagint.
Luther was one person and does not embody the entirety of Protestantism.

See how it helps to keep the original post intact Jim?
No, but whatever floats your boat.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You didn't reply to the murder of English Catholics and 2 million Irish Catholics by Cromwell because of the Protestant Inquisition!
I do not condone those things.
In that situation, I would have to side with the Catholics, just out of humanity and disregarding any sort of party loyalty.

I was just reading a web page today that lists NT quotes from the OT and the conclusion is that most are quoting the Septuagint. Luther was one person and does not embody the entirety of Protestantism.

This is the nicest thing I have ever heard you say to me. Thank you and thank Heavens, men are sinners, does not mean the Faith Jesus is established is errant. That could never be, He is God and God the Father gives us a way to know the Truth. Our Lord was going home, Peter was the first Pope, first leader of Christianity on earth. The teachings of the Faith are the teachings of Christ.

Matthew 16:16-17
16] Simon Peter answered and said: Thou art Christ, the Son of the living God. [17] And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven

Luther BEGAN the Protestant revolt from the Faith. Now that you know the fact those 7 books belong in the Canon, you must question the holiness of the others who went along with Martin Luther to deny the Faith on up until today.

May the Two Hearts J+M keep you safe,

colbe

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join