It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do peole think that Jesus was god?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

wait till you see the special resurrections!

it will blow your mind!

What would be SPECIAL in such regards, to you?

Days dead?
A week dead?
A month dead?
Years dead?

Burned up in a house fire dead?

Buried in the sea dead?

Crushed, dismembered into smaller parts in a car accident dead?

Family members died in the same car accident all dead, all resurrected?

Welllllllllllll . . . AT Christ's Crucifixion . . . folks came out of their graves who'd been long dead.

Matthew 27:52
. . . The earth shook, rocks split apart and tombs opened. The bodies of many godly men and women who had died were raised from the dead. -New Living Translation

Would that be special enough?

IIRC, There's a Biblical prophecy that such will happen again in the END TIMES scenarios and era.

I just know that at some point in the END TIMES era, for a period of weeks or months, resurrections will be common. Virtually everyone will personally know of someone in their work, relatives, friends, associates, social network who was raised from the dead.

And by dead, I mean very dead, many hours or several days or more stone cold dead.

I suspect strongly that WHEN RESURRECTED, THEY WILL TESTIFY STRONGLY OF CHRIST'S DEITY.

edit on 16/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

edit on 16/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
DISRAELI
Do you mean: en.wikipedia.org...

Then general assembly of religions like the two you mentioned that have lost the truth in favor of teaching that tickle the ears and serve mens ego's?

(2 Thessalonians 2:11, 12) 11 That is why God lets a deluding influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness. . .
(Matthew 24:11) 11 Many false prophets will arise and mislead many;
(1 John 4:1) 4 Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Jesus said an apostasy would come soon after him, it took hold nearly two millennia ago, and only now in the last centrury as the time draws near has the light become brighter
We don't need to look to other book, or hidden teachings, we just need to look at Jesus words without the tint of dogma that has been drilled into us since childhood.

Jesus said over a hundred times in the books of Mathew Mark Luke and John
The Father that sent me, I speak the words of my Father, ect.
When these verses are read without the taint of trinity, its pretty clear Jesus is the firstborn of Gods creation.

X

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom
Yes, I mean "the world-wide community of Christians" in general (apart from such as the Copts who were not part of the Council of Chalcedon).
The point of my original post in this thread is that "Jesus is God" is slightly misleading, because it conceals the full humanity of Jesus, which is part of the teaching of Chalcedon. The teaching is that Christ is God AND man, not just God alone.

edit on 16-7-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu
I have enjoyed reading your post, where are the angels?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The Christian doctrine is so confused. Some say he is God and then… no he is the son of God, or no…he is one of the trinity.

All this confusion came from the decision by a pagan group of Roman dominated bishops who catered to a pagan doctrine of deifying great men.

The fact of the matter is that Jesus was a Prophet of God in the mold of an Enoch (Idreis)

The gospels as written today have very little authentic traditions about Jesus.

Only some of the recent Gnostic gospels, which the early church tried to hide, have any real authentic traditions of Jesus.

Particularly the Gospel of Barnabas does it show that Jesus NEVER ran around claiming to be God in the flesh.

www.answering-christianity.com...

edit on 16-7-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Angels walk among us.

show hospitality to strangers, in doing so, you may be entertaining angels unaware.
edit on 103131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

BO, I think he was making a joke.
You mentioned "routine" resurrections. You know, as opposed to "special" resurrections.

A "routine" tune-up vs a "special" tune-up type of thing. "Would you like just the run-of-the-mill regular motor oil & filter change (bargain brand), or super-fantastic-ultra-incredible motor oil with a fancy filter and serpentine belt replacement, sir?"

Type of thing.
It did make me chuckle.

And by dead, I mean very dead, many hours or several days or more stone cold dead.

Well, since you mentioned it - what about cremains/cremated dead?

edit on 7/16/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

At least it would be good for those who went missing, were murdered and were never found to be resurrected so they can tell everyone where they've been and what happened.

Can you imagine the stories that would be swapped while everyone's waiting for the heaven shuttle to board and take off??
LOL

edit on 7/16/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Well, since I walked out of the Heavenly Council for fear of saying the wrong thing, and because of a general discomfort at being among my betters, I never got to sit in on the decision about where they hang out, so I can't be certain.

All I can give now is a best guess.

My best guess is that they hang out generally wherever it is that God usually hangs out, since they seem to be pretty attendant on it. I would further guess that includes the Earth, and a whole lot of place (not "plural "places") that we may not even know about, all collectively referred to as "Heaven".

Yes, that's right, they sometimes hang out on Earth, probably for a specific reason rather than a vacation -

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2, NIV

That's my best guess, but like I said, I can't be sure except in a few small particulars, such as the one mentioned above. Genesis tells us that they sometimes show up and pick fights with humans as well, but that's probably not their general avocation. There are bits and pieces of info here and there elsewhere in the Bible, but I wouldn't take that information to be all-encompassing - I'm sure there's a lot of the details left out due to irrelevancy. I.e. - do angels play golf? I dunno, it's not specified... but then it isn't specified that they don't, either. Lots of irrelevant detail left out.

One day, we'll know for sure, but hopefully not today -

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

ETA: Upon further reading, I saw that you've already got that - was it a trick question? Trying to trick me into showing my true self? I'm irreverent and flippant, but I figure God has a sense of humor - after all, it made ME, didn't it?

edit on 2014/7/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Specimen

Had Jesus ever claimed to be God in the flesh that would have been one of the charges against him at his death sentence. But that never was. He was charged with teaching himself to be the Messiah, the Son of God.

Their interpretation of his words is important. He was speaking to them in a language they understood perfectly. The only time there was a question of this, Jesus himself answered and corrected the mistaken understanding.

Christ himself said he spoke in parables. I'd say misunderstanding what is written is the major problem of the world and the most exploited one by our leaders. Its not a straight forward literal story. Yet again we have Father/Mother/Son.

Except that in the true gnosis Christ is formed within us and is the Intercessor/Son aspect of God, but wasn't born into flesh.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

Except that in the true gnosis Christ is formed within us and is the Intercessor/Son aspect of God, but wasn't born into flesh.

Which I suppose is why gnosticism was done away with - how can one even try to pattern his life after that of a man who never was born? Wouldn't they first have to not exist, as a prerequisite for patterning themselves after a man who was never born?

How could he speak in parables if he never was to begin with?

I get the whole idea of the "intercessor" forming within us, but wouldn't go so far as to call that still, small voice "The Christ". Some sort of link or pipeline to the deity, sure, but not the full-blown Christ. That would have us trying to "deliver" ourselves, pull ourselves up by our own bootstraps, and would necessarily negate large swaths of both old and new testaments, and indeed negate God itself.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

No it wasn't a trick question, I just wanted your take on it.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu GOD probaly hangs out in dark matter. Afterall it is said that 90% of the cosmos is made up of this stuff and they no not what it is. I imagine that what we see as dark matter on this side is light on the other side of our existance.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am not sure but I think we can find such a difference in beliefs of Saint Peter and Paul. Someone who has a deep knowledge of Christianity can search about this.
Did Saint Peter consider Jesus as God !?
Saint Peter who Jesus said about him " I give you keys of heaven whatever you open it opens in heaven and ......"

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

The hidden light from man.

*Man is all humanoid beings- Only creators have hands*

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: nenothtu GOD probaly hangs out in dark matter. Afterall it is said that 90% of the cosmos is made up of this stuff and they no not what it is. I imagine that what we see as dark matter on this side is light on the other side of our existance.

I like the way you think.

Nonexistent. He doesn't care abut motherships, and has no need to fight them or gather angels to do so. Out of curiosity, why do you feel these "motherships" need to be fought? Are you expecting them to attack? Why would they attack Jesus?

Well whos going to stop the other E.T species from duking it out over the human species?
If Jesus loves humans, he will save them from mass abduction.

Why do you think he's God? I don't. On the subject of "antimatter beings", I would think they would make short work of themselves whenever they come into contact with matter - that whole "E-MC^2" thing.

They don't have Ionic charges. They have to take Ionic charges from the enviroment *atmosphere* to effect the physical. The only reason why their particles can do this is because of the embued soul/memory pattern. Otherwise they don't effect regular matter unless Manifesting for a shape. Then it only becomes visible. But you still cannot touch it.

That doesn't sound much like ET's to me. Why would they skulk around in dark passageways if they can colonize intergalactically, and go pretty much wherever they want to? That sounds like something else altogether to me, something that habitually lies and hopes the addressee won't notice the discrepancies.

Because some of them were humans, And some are not.
They have the task of being stationed here keeping the peace.
so sometimes they protect lost secrets. Usually concurning them and their remains on Earth.

They however are not here as a hostile force. They are E.T because they travel in flying saucers, despite their paranormal abilities.

They are here to offer humans into their legion and continued protection. In return, Humans will be given the option to convert into one of them through means of advanced accension chambers. Which will embue your consiousness and memories into non-ionized particles.

A type of Archangel programe. But the other species don't want that. Because these guys come from another Galaxy, not the local one.
So undoubtly, This has to do with religion. Anyways. People will be given the choice very soon and upon that choice. The dawn on a new age for humanity and freedom among the stars and galaxies- and beyond. But i'm not to sure how Jesus will react to these plans.

Is God going to stop this from happening? There's no dragon involved. They are faceless humanoid multi-dimensionals(Both physical and non physical) with pale skin. But they cover themselves in shadow and various animal/human hybid shapes with the except of it being entirely black. They are able to Adjust their body length even in a non disguised form to beable to run on 2 legs or 4. They can teleport and slow down time, to enable longer experiments in a shorter *time frame* to the outside world. And they communicate via memories, emotions.

Now i don't hate the light, Don't get me wrong. I love everything this universe has to offer.Advanced lifeforms create evil, And I'd Just rather the human populations no longer be guinea pigs for local species that want to abuse our technological discoveries as well as hybridizing our genetics with theirs when its not nessisary. Humans are perfect the way they are. Just give them the accension chamber and then they will be complete. A fully functioning emotional being relying on decisions that fundamentally base off Emotion. Rather than a cold calculated A.I that is emotionless.

So am i worshipping the beast and they just run to the name Yahweh because they want to trick humanity into thinking they are Yahweh's minions
Or am i dealing with something a little more? Anyways, Could you even fathom trying to stop something like this?
What would jesus do.

edit on 16-7-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Are you denying that the Holy Ghost is God?

1 Corinthians 6:19
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

INDEED. LOL.

I thought it might be a joke . . . but tend to treat things seriously regardless.

Been that way even as a child. LOL.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I can say this: I'm pretty sure dark "matter" is not devoid of God, since he's everywhere, so you're probably not wrong, but may not have cast a wide enough net by setting limits.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: maes2
I am not sure but I think we can find such a difference in beliefs of Saint Peter and Paul. Someone who has a deep knowledge of Christianity can search about this.
Did Saint Peter consider Jesus as God !?
Saint Peter who Jesus said about him " I give you keys of heaven whatever you open it opens in heaven and ......"

The most basic answer is that in the Bible, at Matthew 16:16, Peter said that Jesus was "the Messiah, the Son of the living God", and that is what is recorded and most widely disseminated of his thought on the matter. I'm not aware of anywhere that Peter called Jesus God.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Are you denying that the Holy Ghost is God?

1 Corinthians 6:19
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

I'm denying that God is divided into three "persons". There is only one God, not three. If it were "God", then when "ye had it of God", YOU would also be God. That's way too many gods running around.

When I type here, are these words on the page "me"? Am I sitting in your den? If I am, I'd like a cup of coffee, please. Black, no sugar.

If the Holy Spirit IS God, why not just call it "God" instead of the "Holy Spirit", and end the confusion?

============================================================================

ETA: I'm having trouble grasping the notion that people have some need to subdivide and categorized God, compartmentalize it. "This is God the Overlord. Over there trying to hang that picture on the wall is God the Mortal, and God the Wind has gone for a pizza, will be back in a few minutes". It's like they are trying to carve God up into bite-sized chunks, segregate and separate God from itself. It seems to me to be the ultimate in hubris to think that you will ever get God carved into small enough chunks to encompass it - God encompasses YOU, not the other way around.

edit on 2014/7/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The lord has said he will dwell in a dark cloud.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join