It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do peole think that Jesus was god?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Jesus never in the bible said he was god. He always claimed to be the son of god. If the had claimed to be god gov would have killed him much sooner. The Jews would not have had to beg to have him executed. Where did this come from? The church not the bible? Remember the bible says that god said not to worship any before him. Isn't this against the bible? I don't know for sure if this is a conspiracy, but some group propagated this for some intent.

The Truth is simple. This post should bring your mind into quietude.

God is not Immortal. He will die, but not You. The True You is....... Immortal & Anciant. You are not the body or the mind. All of manifestation is transitory.

The individual human body contains 4 billion trillion electrons. Each has a capacity of 100 gigabytes of memory. The secret to the mystery of Life is the lifespan of the electron/ total universal consciousness itself. The electron has a lifespan of 100 billion trillion years.

"First you must understand that you are the proof of everything, including yourself. None can prove your existence, because his existence must be proved by yours first. God may exist, but only if there is an "I" to perceive him. The I creates God, because of your beingness this whole world is manifest."~Nisargadatta Maharaj

The brain is a quantum computer that Decodes the light from the Big Bang.

Then the questions lies what are You?

You are that which I do not have to prove to you intellectually. The Truth is self evident and the only fact in the universe that you know is that "You Know You Know You Exist"

This is the only knowledge. It is Awareness. Awareness is Immortal, All Pervading and unlimited. It is due to the illusion of time and space that the mind thinks that there are separate objects. In reality it is all One.

Awareness is The Unmanifest, and Consciousness and the Universe is the manifest form of the Ocean of Awareness. Two sides of the same coin.

You are fully God and Fully Human. You were never born. The Universe was born in You not You in it. You were there prior to the Big Bang, Prior to Consciousness You Are.

You think You Are That Monkey Flesh Suit thay You are wearing? You are sadly mistaken my friend.

You are the Supreme Being. To Realize this is Salvation. Journey within and You will know that your Trust in Yourself was justified.~ ArioK

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

That's likely what I was talking about when I mentioned the thin line.

There's sufficient room for rationalizing His reply away . . . as there is for having faith that it really was a personal communication from Him, to you.

Ahhhh welll . . .

He's going to pull some unprecedented stuff sometime in the next several years . . . that will be world-wide and supernatural . . . and repeatedly so for a limited time--probably some months. I doubt several years. Possibly a year or so.

There will be much more "proof" of the sort so many scream for . . . at that time.

I'd wager that still folks will find ways to rationalize even routine resurrections away.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Why do religious people think anything at all about their religions - they're scared.

(post by BasementWarriorKryptonite removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: TKDRL

That's likely what I was talking about when I mentioned the thin line.

There's sufficient room for rationalizing His reply away . . . as there is for having faith that it really was a personal communication from Him, to you.

Ahhhh welll . . .

He's going to pull some unprecedented stuff sometime in the next several years . . . that will be world-wide and supernatural . . . and repeatedly so for a limited time--probably some months. I doubt several years. Possibly a year or so.

There will be much more "proof" of the sort so many scream for . . . at that time.

I'd wager that still folks will find ways to rationalize even routine resurrections away..

Routine ressurections? Come on - I mean...come the fk on. That's some good old fashioned insanity, right there.

wait till you see the special resurrections!

it will blow your mind!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN
A miracle is: an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.

Seeing and hearing stuff in a meditative state happens all the time, it's called dreams right? But if it was really god answering, all people that worship any form of abrahamic god are in for a big surprise. It's not an old dude in the sky, and not even a he for starters lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

All quotes from the New Testament which was written by John the Baptist who was a story teller infatuated with Greek mythology. Jesus was a messenger/prophet who performed miracles due to Gods power and will.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
God has chosen not to reveal himself to me for whatever reason, if he exists.

God is a gentleman...

He never forces himself on anyone.

Nor will he force anyone against their will to go to Heaven.

He might just be waiting for YOU to make the first move.

Ask, seek, and knock.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
You are an open-minded sort of person, by the look of things!

A rare thing in these days and times. I would advise you to pray a simple prayer, and see what happens. Test it out! Simply say: ''God, if you are real, would you reveal yourself to me in some way. I want to know the Truth...''

That's what I did ten years ago, and the very next day someone walked past me in the street, before stopping, turning back and pointing to me. She said: '"You've been praying. God answers prayer. Come with me...''

She was prompted by the still, small voice of calm, the voice of God's own Spirit, who lives with all believers, to be an intermediary between me and God, to prove His existence, so that I could answer the call of God, to give my life to Him.

I came to faith in Christ through her talking with me, and since that day God has shown me a thousand things that I would have no natural way of knowing. He does so in order to help us in real, practical and spiritual ways, and to help others to come to know Him. He desires for you to walk with Him, and to know His voice, and to bless your life in a million different ways.

Take it or leave it - but I hope you take it, in faith.

Ask, and you will receive. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you.

Don't bother with 'Droidus the spirit guide' (or others like him) - he has no answers for anyone; not even those who are devoted to him. God Himself will be your guide.

As free moral agents, every person makes the choice as to where he will spend eternity...

Jesus: "I'm a gentleman Nick, I'll never force myself on you or anyone.

Jesus: Nick, what would be more unjust and unfair, for me to steal you at the moment of your death and force you to live in my presence and in my will for all eternity.

Jesus: Hell on the other hand is a place where you'll be completely free from all of my "though shalt nots"... FOREVER."

Melisa: But surely no one would choose that if they knew you really existed?

Jesus: Not so, nobody goes into hell blindfolded. In one way or another, I've revealed myself to everyone.

Melisa: But if they could just see you...

Jesus: Not even that would be enough. Look at satan, he stood before me in the very throne room of God. But he thought the beauty and the power bestowed was somehow earned. Gave himself over to pride. Scratch any sin and just below the surface you'll find pride...

...out of love, he allowed Lucifer to choose his own way and this is the same freedom the Lord gives to each of us. He's not going to force anyone to go to heaven that chooses that they don't want to, even if they once did. God doesn't make decisions for us, but He allows us to choose for ourselves. This has to be true, since sin entered the world because of bad choices made by Adam and Eve.

The Lord gave each of His created beings a free will. After we have accepted Jesus as our savior, we still have the freedom to turn back to a life of sin and to reject His grace. The Lord speaks about people being in danger of having their names removed from the Book of Life. (Exodus 32:33 & Revelation 3:5)

Can a Christian Lose Their Salvation?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Well at least you tried, Thanks for your reply sir.

I was a little to harsh in my attempting to open your mind but i see you feel you are comfortable with your current existance.

The only reason why i am saying any of this is because i have personally made contact with E.T with witnesses.
When we get into angels, and distinuishing between E.T.

How can one know the difference.

The E.T i am i contact with respond to the name YHWH.

So should i put my faith in Jesus, Or should i believe that YHWH holds all the power and is God?

Today is also the anniverary of my first contact experience.
I saw what looked like a Wheel within a wheel, Because it was 2 discs rotating in different directions layered within each other.

However the E.T i saw resembled a Cherub more than it did an angel. Or some sort of cross animal shapeshifter.
I don't know.

There was that one text about Jesus being a shapeshifter, With Judas kissing him to reveal him to the roman guards because he could change into any form.
I thought that story was entertaining.

I think a messiah does exist, But as the archtype of the whole universe. I think that is pushing it.
Well, the mode of existance could be an archetype. As in, Composed of the same raw primordial essence as the universe. Then that statement would sort of be valid.

E.Ts do cause religious encounters, Its undeniable.
When something happens to a person that is so extrodinary it could be printed on papyrus. It's hard to keep a level head.
I imagine many messiah complex's developing from E.T mingling.

Now i know you can't answer this question because you said you don't have knowledge on the subject.
But for anyone else reading.

How do you know you're on the path to Jesus? What do his minions look like?
Hes not from this universe is he? And neither are his minions?
Why shouldn't i trust a species that colonizes inter-galatically and should seek this Jesus?
Where is his legion of angels to fight the motherships? He is God so he should make short work of anti-matter beings.

I guess by definition im Satan. But i don't feel like Satan. Eitherway my brothers and sisters love you.
they will continue to watch over you all and protect you from harm and disease.
I guess you view my oppinions on this whole Jesus isn't god thing as a little to far out.

I still believe in a creator.

I just think our creator is a species that has reached maximum evolutionary stage.
Therefore is higher than the rest giving them the title of * The most high * or *The Elder Gods*

Beings of Pure Night and Internal fire, A light hidden from man that if shown can incinerate.
Creations of Hades, and guardians of ancient ruins and passage ways.

So for someone as Underworldistic as me.

Where do i fit Jesus into all of this, or am i basically the Beast. (as large cats and canines are beasts) Where my God is Death and life, the begining of and the end of all things in existance. The primordial void. Which these E.T have been subliminally feeding me information about its processes. I see the universe and its cosmic cycles like the 4 seasons and their personifications reflected on all facets of reality. I still only know as much as i can see and read.
Were prophets chosen by aliens? or only some of them? Are aliens all the forces of satan and living existance is all evil and jesus is God from another seperate universe going to drag us into a slightly better universe where everyone is happy and not evil.

I don't know.

That's why i'm on this thread. Because i don't know the answers as much as any of you do. All i know is aliens.
And that these specific entities will come around if you call upon YHWH.

So are the Shadow beings of YHWH at war with the feathered multi-universal angels of Jesus?
Then you shall see the Flaming sword. And the fires of Hades. The hounds of Hel, oh Jesus. We await thee. To prove thy Godhood to our technical Genius. the Great Old Ones

edit on 16-7-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

I was a little to harsh in my attempting to open your mind but i see you feel you are comfortable with your current existance.

The only reason why i am saying any of this is because i have personally made contact with E.T with witnesses.

So should i put my faith in Jesus, Or should i believe that YHWH holds all the power and is God?

Today is also the anniverary of my first contact experience.
I saw what looked like a Wheel within a wheel, Because it was 2 discs rotating in different directions layered within each other.

However the E.T i saw resembled a Cherub more than it did an angel. Or some sort of cross animal shapeshifter.
I don't know.

There was that one text about Jesus being a shapeshifter, With Judas kissing him to reveal him to the roman guards because he could change into any form.
I thought that story was entertaining.

I think a messiah does exist, But as the archtype of the whole universe. I think that is pushing it.
Well, the mode of existance could be an archetype. As in, Composed of the same raw primordial essence as the universe. Then that statement would sort of be valid.

When something happens to a person that is so extrodinary it could be printed on papyrus. It's hard to keep a level head.
I imagine many messiah complex's developing from E.T mingling.

Now i know you can't answer this question because you said you don't have knowledge on the subject.

How do you know you're on the path to Jesus? What do his minions look like?
Hes not from this universe is he? And neither are his minions?
Why shouldn't i trust a species that colonizes inter-galatically and should seek this Jesus?
Where is his legion of angels to fight the motherships? He is God so he should make short work of anti-matter beings.

I guess by definition im Satan. But i don't feel like Satan. Eitherway my brothers and sisters love you.
I guess you view my oppinions on this whole Jesus isn't god thing as a little to far out.

I still believe in a creator.

I just think our creator is a species that has reached maximum evolutionary stage.
Therefore is higher than the rest giving them the title of * The most high * or *The Elder Gods*

Beings of Pure Night and Internal fire, A light hidden from man that if shown can incinerate.

So for someone as Underworldistic as me.

Where do i fit Jesus into all of this, or am i basically the Beast. (as large cats and canines are beasts) Where my God is Death and life, the begining of and the end of all things in existance. The primordial void. Which these E.T have been subliminally feeding me information about its processes. I see the universe and its cosmic cycles like the 4 seasons and their personifications reflected on all facets of reality. I still only know as much as i can see and read.
Were prophets chosen by aliens? or only some of them? Are aliens all the forces of satan and living existance is all evil and jesus is God from another seperate universe going to drag us into a slightly better universe where everyone is happy and not evil.

I don't know.

That's why i'm on this thread. Because i don't know the answers as much as any of you do. All i know is aliens.

So are the Shadow beings of YHWH at war with the feathered multi-universal angels of Jesus?
Then you shall see the Flaming sword. And the fires of Hades. The hounds of Hel, oh Jesus. We await thee. To prove thy Godhood to our technical Genius. the Great Old Ones

You my friend need to quit being lost and put all the puzzle pieces together. I am surprised that I have been on this site since 2001 and very few ATSers found the biggest puzzle piece via Thiaoouba. Jesus, Bermuda Triangle, Angels, Grays, Pyramids, Our history of Atlantis all revealed. It appears me and only a few other ATS members are wise enough to know that it is not just another abduction story.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

You're welcome, and thank you as well. You do seem to be intent on conflating deities with organisms (I can only presume your ETs are organisms), and so I am content to leave to to that, in the main. You've asked questions, however, and I'll provide answers to them as well as I can, given the constraints involved.

I've already answered that. I'm sorry if you didn't like the answer.

You should believe what you are comfortable believing. I sometimes answer to the name of "Jim", pronounced "Jeem", but my name isn't Jim - or Jeem. Furthermore, one can make claims to be something all day long, but the proof is in the pudding, even for "ET's". If ET demands your worship, then that's a matter to be settled between you and your ET.

I'd recommend leaving Jesus out of it - it doesn't sound to me like you're one of his, and he seems to be more Earth and human focused.

Nothing is undeniable. Someone, somewhere, will deny it just to prove the point. For example, I don't think ET's cause religious encounters - wouldn't a religion have to be involved, and possibly even a a deity?

I said I don't know about these ET's, so I'll skip those questions.

How do you know you're on the path to Jesus?

He tells you. It's already in writing. May have to read the fine print, though, to get the full effect.

What do his minions look like?

What minions?

Hes not from this universe is he?

He's from Bethlehem, so it depends on whether or not Bethlehem is in this universe, in your estimation.

And neither are his minions?

What minions?

If it were me, I'd first make sure that this species IS colonizing intergalatically, but that's just me, and it could get involved and time consuming, I suppose. OR - you could just take their word for this alleged colonization, and then the question dissipates - in that case, you've already trusted them, and the rest is downhill.

Where is his legion of angels to fight the motherships?

Nonexistent. He doesn't care abut motherships, and has no need to fight them or gather angels to do so. Out of curiosity, why do you feel these "motherships" need to be fought? Are you expecting them to attack? Why would they attack Jesus?

He is God so he should make short work of anti-matter beings.

Why do you think he's God? I don't. On the subject of "antimatter beings", I would think they would make short work of themselves whenever they come into contact with matter - that whole "E-MC^2" thing.

Why would Satan's brothers and sisters love me? While on the subject of protecting me from disease, however, do you think they could do something for my bad back? They kinda fell down on the protection part there the first time around.

That doesn't sound much like ET's to me. Why would they skulk around in dark passageways if they can colonize intergalactically, and go pretty much wherever they want to? That sounds like something else altogether to me, something that habitually lies and hopes the addressee won't notice the discrepancies.

Where do i fit Jesus into all of this,

You don't.

Were prophets chosen by aliens? or only some of them?

No. Prophets speak for deities, not aliens.

Are aliens all the forces of satan and living existance is all evil and jesus is God from another seperate universe going to drag us into a slightly better universe where everyone is happy and not evil.

No to all of the above. You seem to be confusing the carnate with the spiritual, and unable to eject from that cycle.

That wouldn't be aliens. You specify "entities", and that they come around when religion comes up - that would be a whole different thing than "aliens" altogether.

What does that have to do with aliens?

... or that - what has THAT got to do with aliens? Sounds like a challenge to me of a distinctly discarnate nature, which will be answered in due course. In his time, not theirs.

I'm still wondering why Jesus would have to prove his "Godhood", since he doesn't have one. What are your aliens REALLY thinking?

edit on 2014/7/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The phrase "Jesus is God" is inaccurate and misleading. Many people use it, but it's not strictly speaking what the church teaches.
The teaching of the church is that Christ is BOTH God AND man in combination.
The person of Jesus is actually the human contribution to this.
I did a thread about this;
God and man; the meaning of Incarnation

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

I can't find any information on this Thiaoouba guy without walking into the enemy camp, which I've got neither the time nor the inclination to do, so a short synopsis of who he is or claims to be might be in order. It seems that there isn't much information on him except in places where they preach to the choir.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The phrase "Jesus is God" is inaccurate and misleading. Many people use it, but it's not strictly speaking what the church teaches.
The teaching of the church is that Christ is BOTH God AND man in combination.
The person of Jesus is actually the human contribution to this.
I did a thread about this;
God and man; the meaning of Incarnation

Which church?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mytquin
a reply to: OpenEars123

Sooo...at the end of you life....if you are wrong, then what?

Then I'll simply be wrong.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: roth1

You just opened the biggest can of ATS worms imaginable. Should be worth a few flags and stars.

Welcome to ATS!

To many inconsistencies in the Bible for me to even address the OP. Not enough information either.

I guess we just have to take it on faith. With the current state of affairs on planet Earth....Iv'e just about lost all the faith I had.

Please make a thread stating a few of those so-called inconsistencies? Please. I am curious, as no one seems to be able to point to any. While your at it, perhaps you can point out a few of the corruptions that the Jews supposedly put in there as well? For our Muslim friends, of course.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yes the OP raises a very good question, here is the answer
Because the Church/Clergy told them that. Based an old dogma from the 4th century endorsed by a Pagan Emperor.
Thereafter it was heresy and a death sentence by the church to say otherwise. If you maintain that for a dozen centuries, that debate ends pretty quick.

But unitarian belief in the nature of God is on the rise.

When Jesus was talking about the narrow and wide roads with relatively few on a narrow path he was taking about a minority group within the greater group of Christians both true and false. Those that believe Jesus is not God is part of that minority. Also the illustration of the wheat and the weeds Jesus gave tells us false ideologies would be allowed within the Christian sphere until the end times, since we are in those times, the Trinity has been proven false and of Pagan origin.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu
Which church?

I'm talking about the church at large, the whole tradition accepting the teaching of the Council of Chalcedon, which is what I was quoting.
When I use the word "church", I'm not talking about any of the individual organisations which misleadingly call themselves "churches", such as "Catholic church", "Methodist church".
I mean the church in general, the whole community.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Actually,

comforted
secure
confident
free
blessed
overcoming
loved
. . .
. . .

not scared.

Because Jesus conquered death, hell and the grave . . . as demonstrated before 500 witness of His running around loose after His Resurrection . . .

Reliable HOPE is a reasonable thing for the first time in all eternity.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
because they are idiots in my eyes.....

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join