It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. seeking to intervene in U.S. border crisis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This video was kind of eye opening.
This is just one small city and the effect it's having on them!

Lynn officials: Illegal immigrant children are stressing city services
www.myfoxboston.com...

Ironclad2000

Were your refugees a bunch of unaccompanied minors?? Just wondering here.
You see, the effect that this will have on our economy or society in general is only a portion of the concern I have.
A bigger concern is just why does our gov't want all these kids!!!
Some of the possible answers that I come up with are kind of alarming!!
I mean that many kids if sold to china might put a big dent in our trade deficit!!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,..."

When I was a child growing up in the 80's - I was taught in a Christian school, that these were the ideals that America was founded on to which we live today.

Strange how we've taken such a turn towards actually believing our borders should be closed off.
edit on 16-7-2014 by MrPlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

This video was kind of eye opening.
This is just one small city and the effect it's having on them!

Tried to make a reply and it didn't take.

This will continue across the US and only get worse. That was an eye opening vid!

edit on 16-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The UN should step in to help the US citizens against the political and domestic violence in our home nation, too.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow

When I was a child growing up in the 80's - I was taught in a Christian school, that these were the ideals that America was founded on to which we live today.

Strange how we've taken such a turn towards actually believing our borders should be closed off.

Don't you wonder why??? This is in no way the America we once knew. Why would you want to help foreigners when we have desperately poor people right here? We can't afford millions and millions of illegals year after year after year. Too many of our people are un-employed, homeless and hungry, even frightened living in their dangerous neighborhoods. Where is their help while illegals are catered to?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironclad2000
a reply to: rustyclutch

You Americans are Pathetic..!!

All up in arms about a few. errr "refugees", when you "the US", were one of the main protagonists when we here in Australia were pissed at the number of freeloaders disguised as refugees were being detained or turned back.

Guess what, it's your turn now so just get over it..!!

Last time I checked Australia was just another British Colony that killed all the indigenous people and set up shop. Kind of like America and Israel. DIfference is....Australian "freeloaders" lived there already. These mofos are comin from mexico and central america. It's not like the argument is about Native Americans being freeloaders. It's about people we owe nothing to being freeloaders. Or maybe the freeloaders you speak of are the people fleeing disaster zones. Mexico isn't a disaster zone. Honduras isn't. El Salvador isn't. Guatemala has had a few earthquakes but it is still liveable. At best you guys got some REAL refugees because of a freakin 9.0 earthquake in New Zealand or something. You can't even get to australia without a decent ship.

ETA

The first recorded instance of asylum seekers arriving in Australia via unauthorised boat occurred in April 1976.

source
You guys have only been dealing with Illegal immigrants for a few decades. People been crossing our border Illegally since since the 1800's. Try to find a better comparison.
edit on 16-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I don't really see it as strange. America has always welcomed legal immigrants. But America is also a BIG place and has always had a problem with immigration once DC decided to make it law. And that was well after other countries did.

What I find strange in this instance is the sudden onslaught of minors crossing our borders. This alone tells me that some one has a nefarious plan. And it doesn't look good for the rest of the legal American citizens. We have enough problems as it is and this is just piling on top of the ones we already have.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Don't you wonder why??? This is in no way the America we once knew. Why would you want to help foreigners when we have desperately poor people right here? We can't afford millions and millions of illegals year after year after year. Too many of our people are un-employed, homeless and hungry, even frightened living in their dangerous neighborhoods. Where is their help while illegals are catered to?

We're not broke. We have plenty of money to help not only our own poor, but immigrants coming across our borders.
As a descendent of so called "WOPS" (without papers) - I find your stance towards "illegal" immigrants disgusting and historically inaccurate.
You are being fed lies by the fear mongering, rich protecting right wing.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch

originally posted by: Ironclad2000
a reply to: rustyclutch

You Americans are Pathetic..!!

All up in arms about a few. errr "refugees", when you "the US", were one of the main protagonists when we here in Australia were pissed at the number of freeloaders disguised as refugees were being detained or turned back.

Guess what, it's your turn now so just get over it..!!

Last time I checked Australia was just another British Colony that killed all the indigenous people and set up shop. Kind of like America and Israel. DIfference is....Australian "freeloaders" lived there already. These mofos are comin from mexico and central america. It's not like the argument is about Native Americans being freeloaders. It's about people we owe nothing to being freeloaders.

Australia signed the UN treaty to take in refugees. They did take in a lot. But, turning boats away and/or not letting the refugees from Indonesia land was in violation of that treaty. Had nothing really to do with the US.

The US is following their law, which was enacted by Bush (I think). Children from Central and North America fall in the category of human trafficking and require a hearing.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I don't really see it as strange. America has always welcomed legal immigrants. But America is also a BIG place and has always had a problem with immigration once DC decided to make it law. And that was well after other countries did.

What I find strange in this instance is the sudden onslaught of minors crossing our borders. This alone tells me that some one has a nefarious plan. And it doesn't look good for the rest of the legal American citizens. We have enough problems as it is and this is just piling on top of the ones we already have.

...or they're simply children fleeing an impoverished, dangerous country who we are more than capable of integrating into society and subjecting them to the civil laws within our borders.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

We're not broke. We have plenty of money to help not only our own poor, but immigrants coming across our borders.

That's hilarious. I wasn't aware that if you were 18 TRILLION dollars in DEBT that you weren't poor.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No surprise. It really looks like this was Obama's plan all along. He let this thing go and go ... he made statements that invited 'dreamers' to come in and of course the families of the 'dreamers' would be along right after ... he refuses to secure our borders ...

The only thing anyone could possibly get from this is that Obama WANTS the U.N. to have troops in the USA and he WANTS the world to think the USA can't handle it's own borders and he WANTS to embarrass and weaken the USA.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

That's hilarious. I wasn't aware that if you were 18 TRILLION dollars in DEBT that you weren't poor.

I find it hilarious that you even believe in so-called "debt"
I find it even more hilarious that you think a sovereign nations "debt" makes them poor implying that the reverse makes them rich.
As if it is equivalent to credit card debt.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Do you people purposely argue with no facts?

During the early 1990s, asylum seekers from Cambodia began to arrive in Australia. In response, the government of Paul Keating instituted a policy known as mandatory detention aimed at deterring refugees.[27] Under mandatory detention, anyone who enters the Australian migration zone without a visa is placed in a holding facility while security and health checks are performed. Additionally, the validity of the person's claim to asylum is assessed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

source

They had no problem arresting people.

In the mid-1990s, numerous boats carrying Chinese and Sino-Vietnamese refugees were returned to their place of origin after asylum claims were denied. The rapid repatriations meant that many citizens were unaware of the refugees.[27] During this period a refugee from Indonesia was detained for 707 days before being granted refugee status.[15]

As you can see they had no problem incarcerating people for years or turning them right around.

In May 2011, the Gillard government announced plans to address the issue by swapping new asylum seekers for long-standing genuine refugees in Malaysia. The so-called Malaysian Solution was eventually ruled unconstitutional.[35] In 2011, Australia received 2.5% of the world's total number of claims for asylum.[36] During 2012, more than 17,000 asylum seekers arrived via boat.[14

If only 17000 people were expected this year this probably wouldnt be causing such an uproar. There Are over 300,000 expected. I really wish some of you people would use facts to argue with.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

IF, as you put it, they're simply children fleeing an impoverished, dangerous country, then this would have been going on for years, decades even. And it has, though in lower numbers and usually involved families, not just kids.

Something is going on here. I've been around the world and Central America, and while bad in some places, it doesn't strike me as the kind of place were the parents tell their children to run away. They're pretty family oriented down there.

I'm not heartless, I do think that we ought to take care of these kids until they are reunited with their families. But I also think that they are being used as pawns in a bigger game.
edit on 16-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

No surprise. It really looks like this was Obama's plan all along. He let this thing go and go ... he made statements that invited 'dreamers' to come in and of course the families of the 'dreamers' would be along right after ... he refuses to secure our borders ...

The only thing anyone could possibly get from this is that Obama WANTS the U.N. to have troops in the USA and he WANTS the world to think the USA can't handle it's own borders and he WANTS to embarrass and weaken the USA.

At least Obama didn't have a hand in writing the PNAC.

Now why would the UN take an interest in an unusually large influx of children migrating from a war torn country? Probably because that's what they do.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I find it hilarious that you even believe in so-called "debt"
I find it even more hilarious that you think a sovereign nations "debt" makes them poor implying that the reverse makes them rich.
As if it is equivalent to credit card debt.

Apparently someone needs to explain to you how the world works. When you don't pay your debt you get bad credit. When you get bad credit your interest rates go up. Making you pay more money across the board for things. Your credit gets bad enough your money becomes worthless. We are at the money becoming worthless stage right now. So if nobody wants our dollars anymore how do you propose to be able to feed your family? How do you propose police get paid? Doctors? You should take a crash course in fiat currency. Debt means a lot. Max out your credit cards and lose your job and tell me it doesn't.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Do you people purposely argue with no facts?

I did read facts. What I didn't do is go into a lot of explicit detail, cuz this thread is not about Australia.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It's about the UNHCR...and it's also my thread. Australia is a signatory to the UNHCR therefore it's not entirely off topic. You just don't want to present any evidence to back up any claims. You just want to keep giving your OPINION. Meanwhile facts state otherwise. If you don't want to offer a single fact to refute any of mine then you are just typing to see yourself type. 300,000 people coming out of an area where some maniacal government is dropping carpet bombs would be refugees, this is an invasion.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It's about the UNHCR...and it's also my thread.

Yes, Google is your friend. Anyone can look up facts, which I did.

I saw no point in making it a big deal beyond what I posted.

Go for it!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join