It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. seeking to intervene in U.S. border crisis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
We'll agree to keep 10% if every other halfway stable nation will do the same?
Really just where do they think that the US is gonna come up with the $$ to provide affordable healthcare for that many?? Oh ya us taxpayers that's right! Many of whom will go bankrupt this year because their own healthcare isn't affordable!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Don't fret too much the USA if aroused will send all the troops from the UN home in body bags. They have no authority here unless we allow it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Annee

Parents are so desperate to save their children they are paying coyotes to get them across the border.

Don't you find that a little bit suspicious ?

If everybody coming is so desolate, where are they getting the money ?

It's not like all these "kids" have thousands in their pockets is it?

Where are the "arrangements" made to begin with ?

I think everybody is getting hoodwinked.

Click Click.

Prostitution is legal in Mexico. That's how many moms make money to take care of their kids.

I don't know about the other countries.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

it was a nice train ride I do believe! At least for most of them until the train derailed!
Maybe we could have our own train service up to the canadian border and drop them off onto canada. Heck maybe even canada could and drop them off onto Russia and well... Maybe these kids could just grow up on a rail system as we all pass the buck to the next country!
But I don't believe the US is committed to take in that many "refugees"! I think the UN needs to think of a more realistic solution!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Parents are so desperate to save their children they are paying coyotes to get them across the border.

Click Click.

Prostitution is legal in Mexico. That's how many moms make money to take care of their kids.

So you are having people believe Women from Central America are going in droves to Mexico as prostitutes to pay for their children's fees to the U.S. ??

We need better answers I think.

Plus that, I wouldn't think a Mexican prostitute could make enough. Do you?

edit on Jul-15-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Click Click.

So you are having people believe Women from Central America are going in droves to Mexico as prostitutes to pay for their children's fees to the U.S. ??

We need better answers I think.

Plus that, I wouldn't think a Mexican prostitute could make enough. Do you?

Where'd you come up with that?

I told you I live on the Mexican border. I stated what I know.

And stated I don't know about elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: rustyclutch

Do we have any other source besides this fear-mongering site?

2nd

I only linked and quoted 2 other articles from 2 other places that allude to the same thing. Including the UNHCR website. Try to read the whole thread and follow the discussion. Click links. I'm not going to do all the thinking for you. If you want to participate in the discussion do some digging yourself. If you disagree prove otherwise. Just because you don't like the source doesn't mean that I respect your judgement on what is newsworthy or true.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

lol not the ones I saw when I was in college, visited Mexico and wandered into the wrong area.

True story: A friend and I were walking around in Reynosa looking for drinks and a good time (good time as in...good time, not sex). We were approached by a young(?) lady(?) with pancake makeup a quarter inch thick and propositioned. When we turned her down she offered to do us both for the price of a drink (yeah...thats what I want! Cut rates, crabs and who knows what disease?). When we nervously turned her down and decided to cross the street leaving her behind she hollered out: "You like boys?" ..

Umm...we decided to go back to the US with no further delay lol

This was back in '74. Have not been back to Mexico since. There is nothing there I want that I cannot get better of here (and not talking prostitutes either lol)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

This was back in '74. Have not been back to Mexico since. There is nothing there I want that I cannot get better of here (and not talking prostitutes either lol)

I don't know about '74, but today Mexico has legal licensed prostitutes that are required to get a medical checkup monthly (I think monthly). They have to carry a dated health card. You ask to see the health card and check the date. Most seem to work in clubs as bar girls. Some of the bars have rooms upstairs or make deals with local hotels.

Honestly, if you were ever so inclined, you'd probably be safer with a Mexican prostitute then an American one.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning
Correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought that WND was not a very credible source? And I can't find anything about this anywhere else either. It's a very disturbing idea, I'd like to see more information on it.

It's not a very credible source and the reason you could not find anything is because it's buried on the net. I had a heck of a time trying to find another source for it, but I finally did, it's from the Associated Press UN Pushes for Migrants to be Called Refugees

An interesting tid bit that the OPs source left out:

United Nations officials are pushing for many of the Central Americans fleeing to the U.S. to be treated as refugees displaced by armed conflict, a designation meant to increase pressure on the United States and Mexico to accept tens of thousands of people currently ineligible for asylum.
Bold mine.

Mind you, I hold out no hope whatsoever that Mexico will step up to the plate other than to perhaps find ways to speed up the transit time from their southern border to the US border.

Another interesting tid bit that the WND article left out is:

Even though the agreement would not be legally binding on the countries that sign it, advocates say it would help create international consensus to help the migrants.
Bold mine. So really it's all for show, smoke and mirrors... stuff and nonsense with no substance or teeth and a waste of taxpayer money to even participate.

Here is an interesting Business Insider article from June about the same issue of 'refugee status' where folks from both sides of the political asile seem to be talking themselves into circles... saying basically the same thing.

I say an interesting article because both sides are proposing a 'program' that the State Department already has in place. Just another glaringly obvious example of our legislators being the clueless idiots we know them to be.

US Dept of State Refugee Admission Programs for Latin American Countries

A Refugee Coordinator posted to the U.S. Interests Section in Havana covers in-country processing of eligible Cubans as well as small numbers of non-Cubans. A regional Refugee Coordinator posted to U.S. Embassy Bogotá coordinates refugee admissions from the rest of the region. The Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHS/USCIS) conducts regular refugee adjudication “circuit rides” to Cuba, Ecuador and Costa Rica, and, as needed, to other countries in the region. Transportation to the United States is arranged by the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
Bold mine.

The only problem is.... they would have to do something about this pesky little thing:

The FY 2014 ceiling for refugee admissions from Latin America and the Caribbean is 5,000. Of these, the vast majority will be Cubans processed through the in-country program.
I think we've already exceeded the ceiling. The source of this is of course the same State Dept. link provided above.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if we have any chance of fighting this thing in a fashion that is on the level and not based on pure emotion, fear or political rhetoric, we need to start using their own words against them and holding their feet to the fire.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

if we have any chance of fighting this thing in a fashion that is on the level and not based on pure emotion, fear or political rhetoric, we need to start using their own words against them and holding their feet to the fire.

Which is exactly why threads like this are good. People bring information to the table that others may have missed. I appreciate the new information. Still looking through some of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

Excellent work. Thanks for posting that. I had the same exact questions as Mojave did. I don't consider World Nut Daily a reliable source of anything, though they do sometimes have good legit stuff on there. You saved me the trouble of second checking.

Changing them to refugees could create a whole mess of problems, even if not legally binding.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
For some reason I think a NAU still maybe in the works. It is practical and the humanitarian thing to do. Now all they have to do in convince the public that a north american union is not evil.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
For some reason I think a NAU still maybe in the works. It is practical and the humanitarian thing to do. Now all they have to do in convince the public that a north american union is not evil.

Consolidation of power is always an evil thing. The more power in one persons hand the greater likelihood it gets abused. What governments need is LESS power. The only thing that will come out of a North American union is MORE power for them and LESS for us. People ignore the fact that they spy on everyone already, they have "free speech" zones, and have approved assassinations. There should be numerous countries with numerous customs. I support diversity. Merging everything into 1 will effectively end that. Nothing says you can't be friends with your neighbors. Nothing says you can't have open borders with your neighbors.
edit on 15-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

As for the refugee crisis currently going on, I am left scratching my head on that. I really do not want to post what my speculation/ gut leads me to believe.

By union, I mean open borders and open trade. No one will be given anymore power, if anything it will make the US look much more civilized to the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeah well when it comes to the UN and those people.

That is another group of people that needs deported.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Haha we have open borders and trade. With the appropriate paperwork people are free to travel back and forth all the time. This is absolutely about people being given more power. Mainly the U.N. Furthermore if we didn't appear civilized to the rest of the world they wouldnt be riding on top of trains, crossing rivers, and hopping fences to get here.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch

originally posted by: jrod

Consolidation of power is always an evil thing. The more power in one persons hand the greater likelihood it gets abused. What governments need is LESS power. The only thing that will come out of a North American union is MORE power for them and LESS for us. People ignore the fact that they spy on everyone already, they have "free speech" zones, and have approved assassinations. There should be numerous countries with numerous customs. I support diversity. Merging everything into 1 will effectively end that. Nothing says you can't be friends with your neighbors. Nothing says you can't have open borders with your neighbors.

Please explain Less power. How exactly does that work?

I simplify my politics by staging them as a family unit. You have 2 people, easy - give and take - unless one is bossy and the other passive. Add a couple kids. Changes the dynamics. Set rules both must follow. Except one is quiet an artistic, the other loud and athletic. Same simple rules don't fit both. Add a few more kids and a gramma. Dynamics change again. Everyone starts demanding what works for them. How do you solve it. How do you gain control. How do you organize to make sure everyone gets what try want?

And don't tell me you leave it up to the individual, cuz that just doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If you don't have the power to protest, defend yourself physically, or defend yourself legally.....that sounds like less power. Do you think they have been slowly stripping away our rights because we are going to like what is coming? I apologize but I refuse to try to simplify this issue into the terms you laid forth. Or are you talking about what do I mean about the GOVERNMENT needs less power?.....cuz I would have to start a whole new thread to list all the things the government shouldn't have control over.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch

If you don't have the power to protest, defend yourself physically, or defend yourself legally.....that sounds like less power. Do you think they have been slowly stripping away our rights because we are going to like what is coming? I apologize but I refuse to try to simplify this issue into the terms you laid forth. Or are you talking about what do I mean about the GOVERNMENT needs less power?.....cuz I would have to start a whole new thread to list all the things the government shouldn't have control over.

I think with billions of people you have to have organization and law.

A handful of people might govern themselves, most would not.

You refuse to simplify the issue of Less government? Maybe you should start a thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join