It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build me a 'Solar Clothes' dryer.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I have a smaller indoor one of these. Its portable as well so you can move it in front of the window that has the bright light in the sky shining through.
Also have a box thing with fire in it that heats the water, heats the house and drys clothes at the same time.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

A very funny post ! Here in the hi tec U.K. we have had " Solar clothes driers " for centuries ! ( I kid you not...)

Some of us set fire to wood and / or coal by rubbing two sticks together, in our lounge to keep warm....using a thing called a " Fireplace " ( Though an iron box called a " Woodburner " or " Multi fuel stove " is becoming very popular too ! ) How quaint....

Still have to go down to the nearby river Nidd to wash our clothes though, at least once a month, less often in winter. Hopefully, when the sewage treatment plant upstream isn't discharging into the said river.

Our kitchen has a useful device known as " The gentlemans urinal " ( Don't forget to take yesterday's dirty crockery and frying pan out first, though... )

( P.s. you need to be at least six feet tall to use the aforementioned device hygienically. )

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Sorry ! Double post.

edit on 15-7-2014 by MrJohnSmith because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join