It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis photographed with popcorn and chairs, cheering as IDF bombs Palestinian targets inside Gaza

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9
These people have lost their humanity. It's beyond disturbing. What can be said anymore ?
Someone please explain to me how is this acceptable ...
Zionism have poisoned their souls and minds, god help us all.

I am afraid God is not gonna help but rather punish you for cooporating with those Zionists)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Oh the "Dense population myth" again.

It's nowhere near the top of the list, it is even lower than Chicago.

Here is a chart that does a good job debunking that myth.

How dense is dense....or NOT

Oh and Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem are more densely populated, where were they pointing the Palestinian rockets again?

Your lack of outrage at the rocket attacks amuses

Ah, obviously you would provide a biased source in an attempt to bolster your argument. I wouldn't trust any source with a conflict of interest. Indeed, your own source says on its about page:

About Us:

Advocacy – noun ˈad-və-kə-sē: the act or process of supporting a cause or proposal

CIJA works to coordinate, streamline and direct strategic, targeted advocacy programming on behalf of Canada’s diverse Jewish community.

The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs is the advocacy arm of the Jewish Federations of Canada.

www.cija.ca...

Now obviously, your source accepts that it advocates on behalf of Jews. That means your source is inherently biased when it comes to the subject matter discussed here, and cannot be trusted.

That said, there is no denying that Gaza is a densely populated area, regardless of what you claim. Indeed, it is actually near the top of the list:

www.infoplease.com...

Edit,
BTW your second myth of "stuck behind a wall" is debunked at that link also.

The Gaza border crossing to Egypt is open for passenger traffic, and the Erez crossing into Israel is closed because of Hamas’ state of war against Israel. Even so, thousands of Gazans are allowed into Israel every year for medical and business reasons. In the other direction, Israel transfers over 100,000 tons of humanitarian goods into Gaza every month – nearly 5,000 truckloads of everything from food to clothing, from agricultural equipment to construction supplies.

Seems if Israel really was out to punish everyone there, they wouldn't be trucking in 100,000 tons of supplies for them to survive on every month. The only thing Hamas and other Jihadi's there do for the people is bring death and destruction.

Again, you are trying to argue your opinions based on biased material.

If Israel really cared for the people of Gaza, they wouldn't be holding them on a leash, forcing them to rely on the material mostly provided by them. Sure, the Egyptian border has been open for some time (although it has been closed over the last week or so), but it doesn't diminish the fact that Israel continues a severe blockade of Gaza.

I would recommend you read the following:

Gaza is becoming uninhabitable as humanitarian conditions deteriorate rapidly following Egypt's destruction of smuggling tunnels and Israel's renewed ban on the import of construction materials, the United Nations and aid agencies have said.

www.theguardian.com...

More than 100 people in Gaza are now reported to have been killed and more than 600 people injured. Many of the casualties are women and children. Many people and services are particularly vulnerable and impoverished by the ongoing blockade of Gaza, which has been in place since 2007.

www.oxfam.org...

The blockade of the Gaza Strip refers to a land, air, and sea blockade on the Gaza Strip by Egypt and Israel from 2007 to present.

Opinion on the legality of the blockade is mixed. In September 2011, the Chair and Vice-Chair of a UN Panel of Inquiry concluded in the Palmer Report that the naval blockade is legal and had to be judged isolated from the restrictions on goods reaching Gaza via the land crossings. Concerning the restrictions on goods reaching Gaza via the land crossings the Palmer report stated that they were the main reason for an unsustainable and unacceptable humanitarian situation in Gaza. However a Fact-Finding Mission for the UN Human Rights Council chaired by a former judge of the International Criminal Court found that the blockade constituted collective punishment of the population of Gaza and was therefore unlawful.[26] UN envoy Desmond Tutu, United Nations Human Rights Council head Navi Pillay, the International Committee of the Red Cross and some experts on international law consider the blockade illegal.

en.wikipedia.org...

You accuse me of talking crap, but you should really use objective sources to bolster your claims, before calling others out.

Guess you don't like the fact that Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem are more densely populated than Gaza.
You can't change the facts just because you don't like the source.

Now where is your outrage that Palestinian rockets were headed towards more densely populated areas than Gaza......
You danced around every bush to avoid the elephant in the room.

Bull#. You're here,trying to exert your opinions over everyone, with biased material. You accuse me of talking crap, but then talk crap yourself. You are a hypocrite.

That said, i equally despise the actions of Hamas, as i do, the state of Israel. You would know that if you have seen my activity in other threads. I am sure other members could vouch for me there. The same cannot be said for you, however.

So when numbers don't support myths, start yelling bias. Numbers aren't biased.
Why is it not ok to talk about population densities of the Palestinian targets but Gaza's population density is blown out of proportion, hypocrisy to the letter.

Israeli military officials say the airstrikes knocked out roughly a third of Hamas' rocket supply and delivered a blow to the group. It says that roughly 90 of the dead were wanted militants, and it has accused Hamas of using civilians as human shields.

Source

Egypt got a cease fire going with Israel agreeing. Hamas is spewing crazy demands to release militants for a cease fire and borders opened to replenish their rocket supplies.

Crazy.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
i dont think these people are israeli.. some of them are blacks..

with so much propaganda against israel these days, i dont know which one is true or not

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo

So no black person can be a Israeli.... just where did you get that nonsense from?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Why is it not ok to talk about population densities of the Palestinian targets but Gaza's population density is blown out of proportion, hypocrisy to the letter.

I'm calling you biased because you so clearly are.

The numbers provided by your source likely aren't biased, but their interpretation of them, and the other information of which you drew from your source, are indeed biased. That said, the information contained in my source regarding the densities of the Gaza strip, are also correct. That means that my earlier assertions about Gaza being one of the most dense areas on earth is not a myth. In reality, Gaza is ranked as either the 5th or 6th most dense country on earth.

www.infoplease.com...

www.indexmundi.com...

I never said it isn't okay to talk about the population densities in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. You're the hypocrite here.

Israeli military officials say the airstrikes knocked out roughly a third of Hamas' rocket supply and delivered a blow to the group. It says that roughly 90 of the dead were wanted militants, and it has accused Hamas of using civilians as human shields.

Source

Egypt got a cease fire going with Israel agreeing. Hamas is spewing crazy demands to release militants for a cease fire and borders opened to replenish their rocket supplies.

Crazy.

Contrary to what the Israeli military officials are saying in your source, the number of dead Palestinians cannot amount to 90 militants. As according to the UN, nearly 80% of the dead are civilians:

Almost 80 per cent of Palestinians killed in Gaza by Israeli bombardments have been civilians, the UN has said.

A report raised “concerns about the respect for international humanitarian law” as the impact on families was revealed.

The death toll in Gaza has risen to 182 and more bloodshed was feared on Tuesday as Hamas did not follow the Israeli Government’s approval of ceasefire terms proposed by Egypt.

According to figures from the United Nations Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs (Ocha) 77 per cent of fatalities since the start of Operation Protective Edge on 7 July have been civilians.

Of the 138 killed when the report was completed, 36 were children, and 1,361 Palestinians had been injured.

Out of wounded Palestinians, almost 390 were children and 250 were women.

www.independent.co.uk... says-9606397.html

I don't know about you, but i trust the UN reports over those of the Israeli military. Sure, we must account the increased number in deaths since the report's completion, but even then, the number provided by Israel is still incorrect.

Is it crazy of Hamas to request that Israel release people who were needlessly arrested in a search and rescue operation that concluded two weeks ago? Is it crazy of Hamas to request that Israel lighten up the blockade, of which i have already pointed out, is actually severely damaging the living conditions of every man, woman and child there? I'd say that no, it isn't crazy.

If Israel is so worried about Hamas' rocket supplies, they should enforce a stricter policy of seizing restricted items at the border. They already do this with legitimate aid. Why can't they do it with weapons? Hell, they could even enter into partnership with Egypt in order to halt the flow of weapons into Gaza. They don't have to deprive the human rights and basic living standards of all 1.657 million civilians living in Gaza.

edit on 15-7-2014 by daaskapital because: link

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I'm calling you biased because you so clearly are.

The numbers provided by your source likely aren't biased, but their interpretation of them, and the other information of which you drew from your source, are indeed biased.

I never said it isn't okay to talk about the population densities in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. You're the hypocrite here.

Source

Crazy.

Contrary to what the Israeli military officials are saying in your source, the number of dead Palestinians cannot amount to 90 militants. As according to the UN, nearly 80% of the dead are civilians:

Almost 80 per cent of Palestinians killed in Gaza by Israeli bombardments have been civilians, the UN has said.

A report raised “concerns about the respect for international humanitarian law” as the impact on families was revealed.

The death toll in Gaza has risen to 182 and more bloodshed was feared on Tuesday as Hamas did not follow the Israeli Government’s approval of ceasefire terms proposed by Egypt.

According to figures from the United Nations Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs (Ocha) 77 per cent of fatalities since the start of Operation Protective Edge on 7 July have been civilians.

Of the 138 killed when the report was completed, 36 were children, and 1,361 Palestinians had been injured.

Out of wounded Palestinians, almost 390 were children and 250 were women.

www.independent.co.uk... says-9606397.html

I don't know about you, but i trust the UN reports over those of the Israeli military. Sure, we must account the increased number in deaths since the report's completion, but even then, the number provided by Israel is still incorrect.

Is it crazy of Hamas to request that Israel release people who were needlessly arrested in a search and rescue operation that concluded two weeks ago? Is it crazy of Hamas to request that Israel lighten up the blockade, of which i have already pointed out, is actually severely damaging the living conditions of every man, woman and child there? I'd say that no, it isn't crazy.

If Israel is so worried about Hamas' rocket supplies, they should enforce a stricter policy of seizing restricted items at the border. They already do this with legitimate aid. Why can't they do it with weapons? Hell, they could even enter into partnership with Egypt in order to halt the flow of weapons into Gaza. They don't have to deprive the human rights and basic living standards of all 1.657 million civilians living in Gaza

Israel does enforce a boycott on weapons but not aid. That's a ridiculous accusation.

The weapons get in through smuggling tunnels from Egypt.

There's been an Arab boycott of Israel for 70 years which "damages the lives and living convictions of every man, woman and child there."

The UN is constantly wrong about fatalities as the last fee conflicts have proved. Hamas announces almost every death is a civilian but on their Arabic websites announces their latest shaheed. Happy to provide hundreds of examples from the last Gaza war.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Anglojew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anglojew
Israel does enforce a boycott on weapons but not aid. That's a ridiculous accusation.

Tell that to the people of the Gaza Freedom Flotilla:

The Gaza Freedom Flotilla, organized by the Free Gaza Movement and the Turkish Foundation for Human Rights and Freedoms and Humanitarian Relief (İHH), was carrying humanitarian aid and construction materials, with the intention of breaking the Israeli-Egyptian blockade of the Gaza Strip.In normal circumstances, aid is brought to Israel to be inspected and then transferred to Gaza.

On 31 May 2010, Israeli forces boarded the ships from speedboats and helicopters and killed nine activists. Widespread international condemnation of and reaction to the raid followed, Israel–Turkey relations were strained, and Israel subsequently eased its blockade on the Gaza Strip.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sure there are other examples of Israel halting humanitarian aid to the Palestinians.

Indeed, and that is why i suggested that Israel enter into deeper cooperation with Egypt in order to halt the flow of said weapons.

There's been an Arab boycott of Israel for 70 years which "damages the lives and living convictions of every man, woman and child there."

I'd wager that the Arab boycott doesn't force the Israelis to live on on the edge of a knife, where they can just halt the flow of aid to the state though.

The UN is constantly wrong about fatalities as the last fee conflicts have proved. Hamas announces almost every death is a civilian but on their Arabic websites announces their latest shaheed. Happy to provide hundreds of examples from the last Gaza war.

Of course you would say that. The fact is, out of every conflict between Israel and the Palestinians, the Palestinians have almost always suffered civilian casualties. I don't trust the Israeli figures here, and i don't trust the Palestinian figures. I have trouble trusting the UN figures, but they are likely more accurate than those of the Palestinians' and the Israelis'.

I don't take either side in these conflicts, but both sides have to stop firing on each other, and try to work out something. The thing is, neither power structure want to embrace peace, and until they are both removed, i fear that there will never be peace in the land.
edit on 15-7-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I was in Panama on vacation during Operation Cast Lead. One of the first nights of the bombing campaign, before I had learned of the conflict, we had gone out to an Italian restaurant. We barely got our reserved table because the entire place (minus our table) had been rented out to local Jews. It was a formal celebration if some kind. I thought "how interesting, this must be a popular Jewish hangout!"

Then back at the hotel I learned what they were REALLY celebrating - and which explained the looks on several of the men in that restaurant who could only be described as having a paranoid "i shouldn't be seen doing this" demeanor. Everyone in that restaurant was celebrating the slaughter of Palestinians. And this was Panama...

I grew up with Jews so I know there's no actual genetic/behavioral difference - but there's something about Israel which encourages this extemely racist mindset in Jews the world over. Reminds me of how people are much nastier over the internet than they are in person, because they seem totally disconnected from both reality and the consequences of their actions.

I've seen child soldiers in the Congo with more humanity than these Zionist psychopaths...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

So no black person can be a Israeli.... just where did you get that nonsense from?

isnt israeli came from europe after they ran away from hitler ? i assume they are white european

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Tell that to the people of the Gaza Freedom Flotilla:

The Gaza Freedom Flotilla, organized by the Free Gaza Movement and the Turkish Foundation for Human Rights and Freedoms and Humanitarian Relief (İHH), was carrying humanitarian aid and construction materials, with the intention of breaking the Israeli-Egyptian blockade of the Gaza Strip.In normal circumstances, aid is brought to Israel to be inspected and then transferred to Gaza.

On 31 May 2010, Israeli forces boarded the ships from speedboats and helicopters and killed nine activists. Widespread international condemnation of and reaction to the raid followed, Israel–Turkey relations were strained, and Israel subsequently eased its blockade on the Gaza Strip.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sure there are other examples of Israel halting humanitarian aid to the Palestinians.

Indeed, and that is why i suggested that Israel enter into deeper cooperation with Egypt in order to halt the flow of said weapons.

I'd wager that the Arab boycott doesn't force the Israelis to live on on the edge of a knife, where they can just halt the flow of aid to the state though.

Of course you would say that. The fact is, out of every conflict between Israel and the Palestinians, the Palestinians have almost always suffered civilian casualties. I don't trust the Israeli figures here, and i don't trust the Palestinian figures. I have trouble trusting the UN figures, but they are likely more accurate than those of the Palestinians' and the Israelis'.

I don't take either side in these conflicts, but both sides have to stop firing on each other, and try to work out something. The thing is, neither power structure want to embrace peace, and until they are both removed, i fear that there will never be peace in the land.

I could say the same thing about your faux-communist username but I'm not convinced you don't realise your avatar is actually Australian comedy act "The Doug Anthony All Stars."

Israel has developed a successful society despite the Arab boycott. It is far worse than the boycott of Gaza but you have nothing to say about it.

That the party with the most casualties is somehow morally more right is an incorrect logical assumption. The Nazis had more casualties than the British but weren't morally correct (although you probably support them). Also, it's not through lack of trying. Hamas fires rockets from civilian areas into Israeli civilian areas. It targets civilians and makes no secret of this .

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

isnt israeli came from europe after they ran away from hitler ? i assume they are white european

Most Palestinians are fair skinned Caucasians eg white too.

Half of Israeli Jews didn't originate in Europe but the middle-east. Hundreds if thousands of Israeli Jews come from Africa and India also.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Half of Israeli Jews didn't originate in Europe but the middle-east. Hundreds if thousands of Israeli Jews come from Africa and India also.

Jews in africa and india ? you serious ? Jew is semitic people right ? they most likely resemble people from middle east like the ismaelis (arabs).. and then you got refugee from european jews who looked like caucasian white person..

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I could say the same thing about your faux-communist username but I'm not convinced you don't realise your avatar is actually Australian comedy act "The Doug Anthony All Stars."

Indeed...good point.

I do apologise for making it personal with that reference.

Israel has developed a successful society despite the Arab boycott. It is far worse than the boycott of Gaza but you have nothing to say about it.

That the party with the most casualties is somehow morally more right is an incorrect logical assumption. The Nazis had more casualties than the British but weren't morally correct (although you probably support them). Also, it's not through lack of trying. Hamas fires rockets from civilian areas into Israeli civilian areas. It targets civilians and makes no secret of this .

I'm not calling anyone correct. Both sides are wrong. Both sides need to clean up their acts. As i have stated before, i support neither side, and i don't think either side is correct in their ideologies. Jesus, i just wish that both sides would come to terms and live in peace, but i don't see that happening any time soon.

On a final note, no i do not support the Nazis, and it is stupid to even claim that i might. Again, i do apologise if i made our debate personal, i just get carried away with some of these things, you know? Anyway, i do thank you for the reply.
edit on 15-7-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Jews in africa and india ? you serious ?

Yes, so you do not even realise Jew is a religion....

Jew is semitic people right ?

Wrong again....

they most likely resemble people from middle east like the ismaelis (arabs).. and then you got refugee from european jews who looked like caucasian white person..

You really have no clue at all, do you!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
If this were happening in the US, a very different discussion would be occurring.

There's a misconception about what's going on over there. This isn't two sides in a cycle of violence.

There's one side, the Palestinian authority, that feels an injustice is occurring and fires rockets at civilian populations in the hope of motivating some change. They aren't firing because they were fired at.

The other side, Israel, wants this to stop. So they fire rockets at those rocket launchers and at the militants responsible.

If the USA were being attacked by a neighbor, we would not hesitate to call for a counter-attack. It has nothing to do with revenge. We would be attempting to get the attacks on us to stop. Kinda like when planes hit the Twin Towers and we all couldn't wait to go take out the culprits.

As for civilians, the only ones who get hit are the ones the Palestinian organizations place in the line of fire specifically so that they can point out civilian casualties afterward. It's rather sick, and as shown on this page, it works. There is a propaganda war going on that's nearly as brutal as the physical one, and you need to question what you hear.

I'm not claiming the Palestinian authorities have nothing to be angry about. I really have no idea what the conditions are like there, nor what Israel's role is, or isn't, in creating the conditions that would warrant this kind of anger. It's just better to talk about what's actually happening.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Son of Will
a reply to: daaskapital

I was in Panama on vacation during Operation Cast Lead. One of the first nights of the bombing campaign, before I had learned of the conflict, we had gone out to an Italian restaurant. We barely got our reserved table because the entire place (minus our table) had been rented out to local Jews. It was a formal celebration if some kind. I thought "how interesting, this must be a popular Jewish hangout!"

Then back at the hotel I learned what they were REALLY celebrating - and which explained the looks on several of the men in that restaurant who could only be described as having a paranoid "i shouldn't be seen doing this" demeanor. Everyone in that restaurant was celebrating the slaughter of Palestinians. And this was Panama...

I grew up with Jews so I know there's no actual genetic/behavioral difference - but there's something about Israel which encourages this extemely racist mindset in Jews the world over. Reminds me of how people are much nastier over the internet than they are in person, because they seem totally disconnected from both reality and the consequences of their actions.

I've seen child soldiers in the Congo with more humanity than these Zionist psychopaths...

I've never ever seen jews celebrate Palestinian deaths. Even if your story is true you can't generalise anymore then you can blame all Palestinians for Hamas terrorism.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
i think this is a staged photo..

i mean look at the people in the photo.. they seem to have some kind of barbecue , and they dont even look like israeli people (semitic people)..

i think tis is just another pure propaganda photo to put israeli in bad light

not that israel gov need help though, with their criminal bombing of civilians in gaza

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jacksmith
If this were happening in the US, a very different discussion would be occurring.

There's a misconception about what's going on over there. This isn't two sides in a cycle of violence.

There's one side, the Palestinian authority, that feels an injustice is occurring and fires rockets at civilian populations in the hope of motivating some change. They aren't firing because they were fired at.

The other side, Israel, wants this to stop. So they fire rockets at those rocket launchers and at the militants responsible.

If the USA were being attacked by a neighbor, we would not hesitate to call for a counter-attack. It has nothing to do with revenge. We would be attempting to get the attacks on us to stop. Kinda like when planes hit the Twin Towers and we all couldn't wait to go take out the culprits.

As for civilians, the only ones who get hit are the ones the Palestinian organizations place in the line of fire specifically so that they can point out civilian casualties afterward. It's rather sick, and as shown on this page, it works. There is a propaganda war going on that's nearly as brutal as the physical one, and you need to question what you hear.

I'm not claiming the Palestinian authorities have nothing to be angry about. I really have no idea what the conditions are like there, nor what Israel's role is, or isn't, in creating the conditions that would warrant this kind of anger. It's just better to talk about what's actually happening.

Although fatal has fired some most of the rockets come from Hamas and Islamic jihad not the Palestinian authority whom Hamas seized power from in a brutal coup in Gaza (Hamas was elected bout their term has long since expired as has Fatah's in the West Bank incidentally).

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Indeed...good point.

I do apologise for making it personal with that reference.

I'm not calling anyone correct. Both sides are wrong. Both sides need to clean up their acts. As i have stated before, i support neither side, and i don't think either side is correct in their ideologies. Jesus, i just wish that both sides would come to terms and live in peace, but i don't see that happening any time soon.

On a final note, no i do not support the Nazis, and it is stupid to even claim that i might. Again, i do apologise if i made our debate personal, i just get carried away with some of these things, you know? Anyway, i do thank you for the reply.

The Palestinian leadership eg Mufti of Jerusalem were allied to the Nazis so I assumed you were too.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Jews in africa and india ? you serious ? Jew is semitic people right ? they most likely resemble people from middle east like the ismaelis (arabs).. and then you got refugee from european jews who looked like caucasian white person..

You're confusing and conflating a lot of different things. The ancient Middle East was mainly white 2,000 years ago but the Slave trade, East African-admixed Arabian, Mongol, Turkish invasions changed this. To see what ancient middle easterners looked like then the look at Mandeans, Druze and Samaritans. Ashkenazi Jews represent a purer stock mixed with European admixture.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join