It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comic Character 'Archie' To Die Saving Gay Friend from Gun Violence

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What what ?

LOL

Comic books have been filled with VIOLENCE for ever.

Hence the 'super hero' genre.

Kids have been reading comic books, and it never made them more 'violent'.

But hey push that progressive propaganda!

It really is too much to let kids ACT like kids.

People need to stop pushing all the 'grown up' bullsnip on them.

They will learn the real world soon enough.
edit on 16-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A much better plot would have Archie being raped, catching AIDS and dying from a crazed anti gun gay activist who was out to assault Archie's friend who is an outspoken supporter of the Second Amendment. Or Archie gets killed by a 300 pound feminist she gargantuan that freaks out and attacks his friend, a pro life demonstrator.
Too polarizing and politically incorrect?
Maybe Jughead gets targeted by thugs playing the knockout game. Or Pops gets shot by gang bangers who rob his Choc'lit shop. Mr. Lodge hires illegals as house staff and gets busted for abusing them. Any number of asinine plots made to vent and spew partisan hate could be done, they just need to be a little more open minded in their writing.
If kids still read Archie comics this might be cause for concern.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Isn't the comic out now? Does anyone have a copy to tell us what happened? Or did you turn gay reading it, and are out trolling?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Archie walked into the bad area of Riverdale that comics in the 40s and 50s had segregated.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
First there is no need for any derogatory comments about Gays as this is a Comic and our "Agenda" had nothing to do with it.

Second, last i checked the writer has the "Freedom" to write about whatever he wants and think how he wants, if he doesn't believe in Guns and wants to focus on a Gay Character you wouldn't want to police his rights would you?

Third Comics are not "Straight Exclusive"

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Isn't the comic out now? Does anyone have a copy to tell us what happened? Or did you turn gay reading it, and are out trolling?

I will try to get my hands on a copy and post what happened in the comic. But if I turn gay your gonna have to take the blame with my girlfriend.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have not read the issue yet. So I do not know the exact details and context. From looking at some of the pages it seems Archie dies by taking a point blank shot to the stomach.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Likely to be killed by the bullied kid that never got a girlfriend. Anyone wanna make bets on how long it is until virgin males over 16 are added to the SOuthern Poverty Law Center's list of potential terrorists?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
1) This is propaganda, no question about it.

2) So is every other artistic creation which articulates a world view (ie. most of them), be it in a passive, or in an active manner.

3) Point me to one single day on any given entertainment channel that did not run at least one show where gun violence was portrayed as acceptable or at the very least, legitimate. How is that disproportionately over-represented worldview not propaganda ?

4) Stop whining, in the light of reality, it's pathetic.

Optional) Do you know how to tell if propaganda is working ? It's when the indoctrinated are so certain that they are free, that they start calling other peoples propaganda out.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Pathetic allignment to Obama and NWO agenda, and the UN/cartel gay agenda.

Pathetic again.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
First there is no need for any derogatory comments about Gays as this is a Comic and our "Agenda" had nothing to do with it.

Second, last i checked the writer has the "Freedom" to write about whatever he wants and think how he wants, if he doesn't believe in Guns and wants to focus on a Gay Character you wouldn't want to police his rights would you?

Third Comics are not "Straight Exclusive"

Excellent points.

It's sad that people think a comic with a gay person in it is more inappropriate than a comic with guns and violence.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join