It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Set to Return to Active Duty

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I don't know. My guess is that they will declare him disabled because of his "ordeal" and retire him medically.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The networks might forget, but us soldiers never will

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Yep, this is just the first step in the official investigation.

But there are a couple things that are bothering in this case. Bergdahl was never taken off the roster, he was listed first as missing and then a POW. He was never charged nor listed as a deserter. Yet anyways...

Second, since the above applies, his bank account now has a low six figure dollar amount in it. I did the math using only base pay and his promotions over the years. The thing is...it was also tax-free since he was in a hazardous duty area and there are a few other low ball amounts added while overseas as well. By my very conservative and basic math, he has a minimum of $119,000.00 dollars.

If he is found guilty of desertion, do the taxpayers get that money back?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I doubt it. I think once it's paid out, it's his. (Even if he didn't earn it)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I doubt it. I think once it's paid out, it's his. (Even if he didn't earn it)

There is always a fine to be paid when nefarious acts are committed under the UCMJ. I think they should put a hold on his bank account until the investigation and if warranted, trial is over. If he is found guilty, then they should seize all funds back to the day he disappeared.

And then trot him off to Ft. Leavenworth to make big rocks into little rocks and do his time.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

It's probable that he has been returned to active duty in anticipation of a court martial. I think if one is in a status of MIA or POW, they would have to be returned to active duty to stand trial. It sounds to me like they are getting ready to file formal charges. I wouldn't worry about them sending him back to combat. That would be highly unlikely.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

WOW! Looks like I was WAAAAAY off. He'll be entitled to $350,000.00!

www.foxnews.com...

Bergdahl is due approximately $200,000 in back pay for the time he was in Taliban hands. He would be eligible for another $150,000 if an ongoing probe determines he was a prisoner of war. Both sums could be tax free for Bergdahl, who was promoted from private first class to sergeant during the time he was held.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Strange strange strange.
Why isn't he in a cell awaiting trial? I would not want someone that mentally unfit with my life in their hands. Just when you think America cannot get any worse, you find out this, AND that Rosie O'Donnell is coming back to the view.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
jail him

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The whole thing was likely a special ops mission to infiltrate the enemy. Every military and government action indicates this - I'm not sure what you all are riled up about. You're angry about what is essentially a cover story. Meanwhile the whole world is on the edge of meltdown from nearly everything. police state, violence, oppression, religious wars, wars for profit, purposeful lack of border security, financial collapse, fukushima, the gulf disaster continuing, gmo's, bee colony collapse...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I remain convinced this guy was an intelligence asset. Perhaps another time I'll explain why.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

He is a deserter.

Hopefully a sock party is in his future.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
How the HELL was he promoted to Sgt while in captivity? He has to go to PLDC and the promotion board!!
This is getting stranger and stranger every day

Found this and i'm buying it next month

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I remain convinced this guy was an intelligence asset. Perhaps another time I'll explain why.

intelligence asset,, ok so 5 bad guys , for Bergdahl and Intelligence,,

guess it must be some pretty good stuff,, maybe it was "psstt,, ISIL ,, Mahdi Army is ready to move"

ok,,,

what else?

thats it.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

no no no no no no no.... this cannot be true... just no no no no no no no.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
How the HELL was he promoted to Sgt while in captivity? He has to go to PLDC and the promotion board!!
This is getting stranger and stranger every day

Found this and i'm buying it next month

The Army has changed a whole lot since you got out Homer, PLDC is now WLC, BNCOC is now ALC, etc, etc. People get promoted all the time now because lazy leadership doesn't want to do the paperwork to keep individuals at their current rank. These days, if you there isn't any bad counseling, it's pretty much a automatic promotion, at least to E-5. My bud's that are still in tell me that is changing though with the drawdown. Now everyone is in backstabbing mode.

I know people, myself included who's life was made miserable because we did do the paperwork, counselings, recommendations, etc, etc.

I miss the good 'ol days of Wall to Wall counseling.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
good chance for a phenomenon called.....

"Friendly fire"

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Fabricated...where is the proof?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I guarantee....

the Political Correctness monster is alive & well in the Military too...

where this person might have been assigned permanent bed-pan duties until the Courts Martial hearing...
instead he will be pampered and coddled because the WH already in spirit, kissed the guys butt

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This is one great soldier who will never have PTSD later in his life because he obeyed his conscience and never did anything against his own conscience.. a mark of true man who followed his conscience instead of blindly obeying orders..

This is a true american soldier, a soldier who will never shoot unarmed civilians in cold blood..

sadly most of american soldier today is the opposite of this guy..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join