It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Set to Return to Active Duty

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Sgt Bowe Bergdahl set to return to active duty. (wow .. quick recovery .. /sarcasm)

Are you freak'n kidding me? I wouldn't want to have him next to me in combat. And that's what an active duty soldier is supposed to be able to do ... be in combat situation or support a combat mission in some way. He is just coming off a five year campout with the enemy ... and there were even questions about him forgetting all his English. This guy walked off the job twice already, once on purpose right into the arms of the enemy, and his actions got his fellow soldiers killed. He puts the mission in jeopardy, no matter if it's in Afghanistan or Fort Sam Houston Texas.

Innocent or guilty of desertion, he shouldn't be on active duty. He can await the decision of the government on desertion charges while not being active duty. He can be on medical leave until it's all figured out by a board of inquiry. Putting him on 'active duty' puts all our soldiers who have to work next to him at risk.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Set to Return to Active Duty

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is set to return to regular Army duty on Monday as part of his reintegration process, The New York Times reported, citing Defense Department officials. Bergdahl will remain at Fort Sam Houston and be assigned to the Army North headquarters. The hospital where he had been treated and received counseling is on the same San Antonio, Texas, base.

Bergdahl has been taking part in debriefings since his release. He is to be interviewed by Maj. Gen. Kenneth Dahl, who is heading the investigation looking into the circumstances of Bergdahl's disappearance. The inquiry is expected to conclude by August, after which time Army officials will decide whether disciplinary proceedings are called for.

edit on 7/14/2014 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'm amazed for 2 reasons.First why isn't this guy standing trial for desertion?The second is returning this soldier to duty is the same as painting a big red target on him, imo.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I am sure by active duty they mean pushing papers. For all the hoopla its best to package it nice and neat quickly so people can move on. Like Benghazi and Fast & Furious, if we look deeply enough we will see filth. Just like the Jessica Lynch story, fabricated to invoke nationalist pride and zeal for the war effort.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Just like the Jessica Lynch story, fabricated to invoke nationalist pride and zeal for the war effort.

Hey Ros,

I always appreciated the way Lynch bowed out of the false limelight with grace. She was doing her job and got wrecked. That was enough to earn my respect. She doubled it by not 'playing' hero.

Bergdahl's nowhere near her league. I know Soldiers, and the folks from his unit leave hardly a shadow of doubt in my mind about his character.

-Cheers

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Bergdahl gets to be active duty and get a paycheck.

But soldiers who do their job and haven't deserted in war get the 'pink slip'

Pentagon Gives Pink Slips to Hundreds of Soldiers Including Active Duty Officers

Talk about getting it backwards ....

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Just like the Jessica Lynch story, fabricated to invoke nationalist pride and zeal for the war effort.

Hey Ros,

I always appreciated the way Lynch bowed out of the false limelight with grace. She was doing her job and got wrecked. That was enough to earn my respect. She doubled it by not 'playing' hero.

Bergdahl's nowhere near her league. I know Soldiers, and the folks from his unit leave hardly a shadow of doubt in my mind about his character.

-Cheers

I wasn't trying to compare the characters of each and I understand what you are saying. From the moment the rescue was released to years after she became a civilian, appeared to do her best to be a genuine person without invoking retaliation from the hand that fed her. She alluded many times that it didn't happen the way it was reported. I commend her for that and as for Bergdhal, I'll say this:

From the appearance of things he appears to be a traitor. As a civilian I can relate to sentiment that he sympathized with the enemy, I do to. We are simply not at war for the benevolent reasons we say we are. That doesn't mean I would actively support the perceived enemy other than to speak my views and opinions granted to me by simply existing, constitution or not I still have freewill. When one joins the armed service you give up that right and if you believe strongly enough that what is happening is wrong, you have options, albeit limited ones. The difference between he and I assuming that is what happened is a violation of an oath I myself have never made. I love America and what it is supposed to stand for but I don't support the criminals that lurk in the halls of the Oval Office, Pentagon, etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Bergdahl gets to be active duty and get a paycheck.

But soldiers who do their job and haven't deserted in war get the 'pink slip'

Pentagon Gives Pink Slips to Hundreds of Soldiers Including Active Duty Officers

Talk about getting it backwards ....

The consequences of manufacturing a news story to promote an agenda.

On a side note, I have a friend who gets to enjoy very long term benefits from the military who had only spent a limited amount of time in. He is fully functional and was just fortunate enough to take advantages offered based solely on having the right paper work from the right people. Others give life and limb and receive nothing which is further evidence of a very broken system.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
And that boys and girls is a candidate for the age old combat sport of fragging ..
Guys in a line unit dont take well to having a deserter in their midst .. out in the field well .. # happens ..

By all rights he should be on trial under ucmj for desertion ..
edit on 14/7/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I wonder if he will be doing his next gig of temporary attached duty with al Qaeda in the US or if it will be an overseas deployment?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Why does Birddog not get punished like everyone else would ? What makes this guy SO SPECIAL ? I BELEIVE EVERY WORD OF WHAT HIS PLATOON SAID ABOUT HIM, WHY WOULD THEY LIE.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm so glad you are keeping us abreast of the latest information on this ( and many other!) very important issue!

When high-ranking heads began to roll in the military, I got an uneasy feeling. Most of the charges seemed to be trumped up, as their 'scandalous' behavior was the standard for accepted behavior for aeons, and still is.

Rolling out the red carpet for Bergdahl is a little confusing. They need until August to determine 'if' there is enough evidence to file charges, and in the meantime 2,600 officers get pink slips.
Not only have our military men and women been demoralized, their leadership is being taken away.....almost as if this has all been planned well in advance.

The revamping of our military should not be of concern or fear; it should be cause for terror in the hearts of every American. Few want to believe that the military would turn on its' own citizens, but the military being ushered in now is not the same as it once was. Heck, we even have Al-Qaida sympathizers serving!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
And that boys and girls is a candidate for the age old combat sport of fragging ..

Guys in a line unit dont take well to having a deserter in their midst .. out in the field well .. # happens ..

G,day Pat
you read me like a book or better still yes yu are soooo right
he may even walk off the balcony of the first floor or run into a parked car
a good bitch slapping and a cold ice bath with sand soap and a yard broom also comes to mind

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
You watch. Within a year he will perform a mass shooting where ever he is stationed. I can hear it now "but he seemed ok after he recovered from his ordeal". The idea of restoring him to active duty, even pushing papers, is totally ludicrous. He is a known Taliban sympathizer and will do his part for jihad, even a few people in a clerical setting.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
I'm amazed for 2 reasons.First why isn't this guy standing trial for desertion?The second is returning this soldier to duty is the same as painting a big red target on him, imo.

Gee, perhaps the military tribunal that must've acquitted him (or never charged him in the first place) actually had the facts and Fox news and its audience didn't, as usual?
edit on C0836f31America/ChicagoMonday by Chiftel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pronto

originally posted by: Expat888

G,day Pat
you read me like a book or better still yes yu are soooo right
he may even walk off the balcony of the first floor or run into a parked car
a good bitch slapping and a cold ice bath with sand soap and a yard broom also comes to mind

In the USN in my day, you got the wire brush treatment, super hot water and harsh laundry soap if you didn't shower daily!

edit on b000000312014-07-14T08:38:40-05:0008America/ChicagoMon, 14 Jul 2014 08:38:40 -0500800000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
He's a coward, scumbag, traitor and a disgrace to the uniform. I hope he gets a barracks beatdown one night, while his handlers look the other way.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
No no......

Let him back amongst his peers....

They'll take care of things.

The big disgrace is this POS gets to stay in but Our Failed President is going to Pink Slip several thousand officers.

We, the USA, desreves everything it is getting and about to get.

Serves us right for putting the clown back in the White House.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Where is this sorry assed president while we have a Marine sitting in a Mexican Jail?

I'm an Army veteran and right now I am steaming mad, if I say anything else, I dont have a doubt I'll be kicked off ATS for extreme T&C violations

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
They have to return him to active duty in order to press any charges. Everything mentioned here falls under the Uniform Code of Military justice. The UCMJ does not apply to civilians.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499
So do you think this is the first step in an investigation/prosecution? Or are they just moving this along hoping the news cycle will forget about it because Obama welcomed this guys family to the White House and had such a big photo op?

I can't tell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join