It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens. Benevolent or Malevolent

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Going by abduction reports they don't seem to mean us harm...

What about all the ones who didn't survive to write a report?

originally posted by: discl0sur3
This 1994 abduction case involves the most disturbing death of a single human being ever seen. The human was subject to a brutal mutilation. Yet the reality is that what happened to him is far more disturbing than brutality. This was systematic mutilation. Whoever they were. Had a level of stunning precision. They were specific about what body parts and internal organs they wanted. They removed the left eye, the left ear, the lips, the tongue, and the jaw bone.

originally posted by: stirling
White Sands missile range....a Sergeant and a major are out checking the desert for a missile carcass. They separate and the officer heads over a little rise to see if the missile fell behind it. He hears a yell and runs back over the hill, thinking the sergeants been snake bit or found the missile. As he tops the rise, he sees the sarge being lifted off the ground by a beam of light, and a saucer swallows him up an fly's away.

Anyways after on the fourth day, they are combing the desert and they go back to the original site to start fresh because they are stumped. When they get there they are surprised to find the mutilated corpse of the Sergeant laid out in plain sight.His body mutilated in the cattle mute fashion with missing parts corresponding and incisions, Having first returned with the major to the very spot initially, they realized it couldn't have been the officer who did this, and released him. The matter still remains unsolved...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The benevolence or malevolence of anything can only be determined subjectively by the one determining.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MurgatroidWhat about all the ones who didn't survive to write a report?

If no report was made, why on earth would you assume an alien 'did it'. Totally bonkers.

In my opinion, all space fairing alien species (assuming there are some) would be interested in us, from an observational viewpoint, but neither benevolent nor malevolent. Just curious.

If you think about it, to get to such a high level of scientific understanding as to be able to fly willy nilly between the stars means that the aliens in question must be a curious species, interested in knowledge and scientific advancements. Without that curiosity they'd have never got out of their alien caves (much like religious fundamentalists here on Earth)!

So I'm pretty sure that the OP's question is phrased the wrong way - it should be rephrased from an alien perspective - "should humans be considered benevolent or malevolent". That concerns me.

edit on 14-7-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjsr420
Im sittin here watching "When Aliens Attack" on netflix. Really makes me wonder. Alot of people say that a civilization capable of interstellar travel will be peacefull

Really? Who is a lot of people?

abcnews.go.com...

"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," Stephen Hawking said. "We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonize whatever planets they can reach," Hawking said.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo
i apologize to say this but : ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND ?

again, sorry for the outburst , but what kind of entity would thrive on abducting humans and performing experiments on them and enjoying the fear from the victims and doing it repeatedly while telling the victim that this is for their own good ?

i know such entity who used to work as a doctor in a concentration camp back in world war 2 doing the same stuff to the inmates for the greater good of humanity..

We do the same thing to animals in the wild all the time and we don't do it to harm them. So what kind of entity would do that? Well, humans for one.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed
If no report was made, why on earth would you assume an alien 'did it'. Totally bonkers.

I don't recall saying anything about believing that aliens 'did it'...

Why on earth would YOU assume I did?

Totally bonkers?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I don't think ETs are here to invade or they would have done so already.

However I don't trust them. Nor could I ever. Who could trust anything so secretive? Same goes for our governments.

They're here for their own purposes and those purposes are likely intelligence gathering spy missions maybe with a spattering of scientific research. They're not here to help and are certainly not our Space Brothers.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

Interesting question OP, but i've been reading the Law Of One series and it says that there are both positive and negative human extraterrestrials, now when i say negative i dont mean they are trying to hurt us or take over our planet, but think of it as good vs. evil as in the bible sense. According to the Law of One the negative beings would be the annunaki and what the law of one calls the Orions, the positive being The Council of Saturn and RA who are from venus, These are just examples. They basically try to recruit us into one or the other of being positive and full of love to others or being negative and loving the self. In order to be positive you must love/provide service to other selves 51% or more and negative would require 90% love to self. If you dont know much of the Law of One series, its written by a scientist who communicates to RA (yes the one from Egypt, but RA isnt one person but their entire race and they dont believe in individualness but to a whole as one) via channeling through another human being and using that human being as a medium to communicate. This is just a different way to view human extraterrestrials

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
There are millions of alien civilizations and cultures, many split into sub-factions, all consist of individuals with own thoughts and emotions, some of those beings are good, others are evil and many "neutral".

edit on 25.7.2014 by Antanica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is an interesting question to spark the imagination. Here is a twist to consider in with it and really cook some noodles.

Many have seen the 'comparisons of size' diagrams and videos for how BIG things in the Universe get and we've only viewed a tiny % of it so far. Some of the stars we are aware of, dwarf our own by many orders of magnitude. One I vaguely recall reading would have a surface diameter that, if sitting where our sun is today, would place it's surface somewhere out around the orbit of Saturn. THAT large a star.

So what if stars aren't the only thing super-sized? Perhaps planets and the life which inhabits them are similarly to scale with their surroundings? just imagine that for a moment... We're 5-6 foot bipedal lifeforms with the star we have, sitting here considering what life might be from a star a hundred or even thousand times larger than our own.

We could have 'First Contact' by a ship parking in "orbit" that makes our moon look like a golf ball. We always assume aliens would be on physical scale to us...but they may see us in physical terms, as we see ants on a sidewalk. Interesting....but of absolutely no threat and no real interest beyond academic study.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I will no go into any depth of conversation on this subject. I will say that they seem to be benevolent, at best, and otherwise just curious.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I will not go into any depth of conversation on this subject. I will say that they seem to be benevolent, at best, and otherwise just curious.
edit on 25-7-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Extremely large stars are only red giants and super giants, stars that once were much smaller until they started to grow in volume (not mass) because they've used up most of their hydrogen in fusion, this means they're near dying, someday they will explode, before that they'll continue to grow and swallow up planets.

I think live cannot get very tall on large worlds because of gravity but maybe I'm wrong. But such enormous starships as you said are possible, maybe as some kind of alternative living space compared to planets or megastructures (the novel series "The Culture" features a civilization in which many people live on giant spaceships dozens to thousands of miles long).
edit on 25.7.2014 by Antanica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Antanica

I hear what you're saying but then I'm also a very skeptical bunny who will remain skeptical on these things. Too much is being discovered as brand new, even close to home in our own Solar System to think we know what is actually in orbit of very distant stars or be positive how each individual star came to be that way.

I'd be more confident, really, if they weren't shocked by things like the magnetic anomalies the Voyagers encountered out at the edge they just transited. Magnetic disturbance was expected, as I've come to learn, but check out the best guess interpretations and illustrations from telemetry of what was apparently recorded.

I also like having a little wonder left in the Universe. Especially since there is only the tiniest fraction of a % we've even seen as of this time or at least, this time around. I just watched a fascinating show last night about a hexagonal formation of atmospheric phenomenon on the pole of Saturn. I recall seeing something on it years back, but never much detail. So much...we don't know and so much I'll bet we've yet to even guess at compared to what exists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join