It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens. Benevolent or Malevolent

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Im sittin here watching "When Aliens Attack" on netflix. Really makes me wonder. Alot of people say that a civilization capable of interstellar travel will be peacefull, otherwise theyd have destroyed themselves, but how logical is this?

Honestly curious to see what you all have to say about this.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
whomever is doing the first long distance recon of another planet will be the military of that civilization. only makes sense.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

I think that interstellar travel is so far beyond us they wouldn't even know what war is. To them it would be...too archaic to fathom.
Such intelligence would support itself and would have no need for conquest.

-or they could eat us.

edit on 14-7-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Perhaps. Then again perhaps not. There are arguments for bith sides of this. As the first replier said. Look at nature. Carnivores are smarter than their prey. They have to be in order to outsmart them.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Yes but remember that no carnivore, whether that be insect, fish, human, or otherwise on this earth in the last billion years has been able to even scratch at the surface of interstellar travel.
Not with 10,000 scientists could you do this. It is folly.

: )

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Actually scientists have created a warp bubble. Which, to me, IS scratching the surface. That, however wasnt the question. As I said. If you look at nature, even humans, who are obviously top of the food chain, it is the predators that are the most intelligent. a reply to: canucks555

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Any advanced civilization will have ways to defend itself. They may not be war like conquers of the galaxy, but make no mistake, they didn't get where they are by being push overs. To imagine that they are All our benevolent "Space Brothers" is to invite disaster. I'm sure some are deluded in to believeing they know which are which. The whole, Nordics and Grays and Reptilians, Oh My! but I believe there are some who would destroys us for our resources, some who would help us and some who just sit and watch the monkeys dance.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This is how I see it...

Considering there are likely billions (or more) of intelligent lifeforms out in the omniverse, it is very likely that their moral compasses are also varied. Likely being Neutral, Benevolent or Malevolent and the many shades in-between. You'll have species that will have differing moral views between their own race, much like humans. It is also likely that many races will also have moral views similar to that of humans or views very foreign to ours.

Even so, painting an interstellar race or all interstellar races as Malevolent or otherwise as a whole, and without taking into consideration the variety that would very likely exist in terms of views, is in my views ignorant. It's also another reason why I shake my head at the folks on Icke's forums or GLP that tout alien species like Reptilians and otherwise as being completely malevolent, without taking into consideration that a benevolent variation of the species may exist.

On the otherhand, I would love to be a Xenoanthropologist just to learn about the varying extraterrestrial cultures and views that may exist.
edit on V20143714July37Mon, 14 Jul 2014 01:37:25 -0500America/Chicago by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
That is exactly bow I wish I could have worded it. Lol. a reply to: VoidFire

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If it's ever discovered that they've worked with our governments...

...then I think the answer is pretty clear.

Aside from that, they seem to have shown a consistent pattern of deception--making their presence known while obscuring their motivation and intent, scaring the crap out of us in the process.

They've also displayed a flagrant disregard for what we call "the inalienable rights of the individual" (granted, subjective morality), what with abducting people in the middle of the night and sticking instruments where they shouldn't go and all.

I see little, if any, evidence to suggest their benevolence.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It's a good question OP, but I'm convinced they aren't hostile at all. If they were they could have annihilated us by now. Often, the threat of force is enough to deter others. So with alien species, there will always be a more powerful species, until you get to the most feared types, which are probably the governing ones of the universe. Just my thoughts and I'm sure I'm wrong, but I'll never know. Of course, the most advanced races could have treaties in place to prevent most wars, but then you have to imagine that renegades will be present in any society.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

They haven't created any warp bubble. It's a theory, though interesting, on a scientists table.
So there.
Good topic btw.

- I saw that show, but in the end they're (the aliens) doing a human thing and they are not human.
That being war.

Aliens be like above that see?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
For all we know, the Benevolent ones could be the strict and less forgiving, while the Malevolent one could be just moral, or immoral laid back tricksters. They could be just like us with varying personalities, capable of both Good or Evil.

Lets just say one emits a presence like it was a spirit, although completely strange to our perception, one could think of it being an evil being, but really it could just be completely different in its nature or makeup. I mean, has it physically done harm to a person with overwhelming force with up most prejudice , or even just plain psychological warfare making one weep into a shell of ones former self just by sheer presence?

And yet, if it gave a very alluring presence, I'm sure people would flock, like they were negative to a positive.

Good Cop, Bad Cop.

edit on 14-7-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
well OP, there are no aliens so it will be impossible to answer your question..

BUT

you can safely assume the similarity in behaviour by looking at the historical example of Europeans when they arrived in America , and you knew the rest

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Aliens don't even know what cops are.
They're above civil unrest, see?
They did that shiz like a billion years ago...

Plus guns are heavy and would cost more than sending propaganda peace pamphlets : )

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Why was there no neutral option? Going by abduction reports they don't seem to mean us harm but don't really care about helping us either. They abduct us to perform experiments and study us, then wipe our memory of the event. We do something similar to animals in the wild where we tranq them, tag them, and perform experiments, then we return them and leave. We don't really mean to harm the species or the animal but at the same time we recognize that it could die and we're indifferent to that. I think aliens treat us much the same way.

When they occasionally tell someone something like Betty Hill I think of it much the same way as a zoo keeper plays with an animal for mutual entertainment. The only thing they've really been clear on through actions is their approach to nuclear weapons which could suggest an ultimately slightly benevolent stance of "don't do something which will destroy your species", but ultimately they're leaving the choice in our hands.

So... neutral to slightly benevolent. Atleast in the case of the greys.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That's what I'm saying.
Its not whether or not they give a crap, it's more like they are too far above us to even consider giving a crap.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Ant colonies war with other ant colonies. War is not strictly humana reply to: canucks555

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

insects are too dumb, like us, to reach into the stars.

As long as we use our resources on weapons and war we will stay just that. Dumb.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I just used the ant line in another recent reply so feel compelled to respond to this. Any civilization capable of interstellar travel is simultaneously capable of destroying entire planets, and doing to with much greater effectiveness than nuclear weapons. Put warp drives or even impulse engines on an asteroid and aim it at a planet. Now do that to 20+ asteroids. The planet will be utterly destroyed. For that matter you don't even need the engines, just use asteroids made out of magnetic materials like Iron and launch them with mass drivers. The ability to do this, is a prerequisite for interstellar travel.

If the Greys have something to say on planet ending technology I would listen to them because their existence here is proof of them having developed a political/military system where such things weren't used. Nukes may just be firecrackers compared to directed asteroids but they ultimately accomplish the same thing.

Sadly, the Greys have said very little on Nuclear technology (publicly atleast). The message simply seems to be "don't use it because we're telling you not to". Maybe various governments have a more indepth message than that.

How that relates to ants? We have the technology to ensure every ant colony has sufficient resources and has no need to make war on another colony. Yet we don't provide it to them... why?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join