It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Structures/bases on the far side of the moon - where is ATS at

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So I have been recently reading about these structures and bases on the far side of the moon, as well as seeing these photos of odd shapes which look structural, and areas photo brushed out.

I'm am here to simply ask a couple of questions, and although I know there will be difference of opinions I am curious what the OVERALL opinion is on this.

- what is the consensus on ATS on this subject and photos, fake, real, etc ?

- what is the most compelling evidence to support there is an alien colony of the far side?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: resistanceisfutile

I am of the opinion that there is nothing to see up there. People like to make up stories.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I am of the opinion that there is nothing to see up there. People like to make up stories.

99% agree with you. The 1% says it never hurts to look though..

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Nothing there but craters and rocks. Lots of rocks... oh and regolith.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: Snarl

99% agree with you. The 1% says it never hurts to look though..

LOL True!!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think John Lear is the man you want to look into. I think he has a site with lots and lots of photos of the different structures. Google thelivingmoon and you'll find it.

On a personal opinion I'm still undecided. Perhaps the occasional artifact that cannot be fully explained but if Mr Lear is to be believed there are giant structures, a breathable atmosphere, trees and a host of other anomalies. Thelivingmoon is definitely worth a look but IMO look at the photos before reading the descriptions and see if you see the same.

I haven't seen many decent videos on the subject mostly just short analysis rather than a deep dive into the subject.

The moon is pretty big and doesn't have 2/3 of its surface covered in water, its 100% land and so there is just so so much ground to cover and let's face it NASA's LRO images only show the moon landing Sites as a dot.

At the moment there just isn't enough evidence to say yes or no. The same with the Moon Landings as in there is still a lot of doubt and nothing can ever be ruled out unless you're there standing in front of these anomalies.

Stay Vigilant.
edit on 13-7-2014 by Lesmahagow because: wanted to add my personal opinion on the topic and to tell the OP that nothing can be ruled out

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

First question we should ask ourselves, if they found alien artifacts on moon or mars would they tell us?

Based on our advancement over past 2000 years I wouldn't discount the possibility that previous advanced civilization on earth made it to the moon or even mars.

NASA Whistleblower : "Alien Moon Cities Exist" .. speakthetruthsharethetruth.blogspot.com.au...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
All pictures of "Bases" or other intelligently made structures on other planets and moons here on ATS are either fake, pixelated, or hoaxed. Which i guess is the same as faked.
-Do I have to say "imo"?

There is no sauce.

edit on 13-7-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

First question we should ask ourselves, if they found alien artifacts on moon or mars would they tell us?

NASA Whistleblower : "Alien Moon Cities Exist" ..

Glend, you ARE aware that practically every claim he's made about his own career, "whistle-blower" Ken Johnston, is bogus? Have you searched on ATS for these debates? Never a test pilot. Never in charge of moon photos. Never an astronaut trainer. Never fired for anything from NASA -- he quit a volunteer program when asked for proof of a "PhD" he had claimed, that turned out to be a scam mail-order certificate from a non-existent school.

Is this news to you?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: resistanceisfutile
So I have been recently reading about these structures and bases on the far side of the moon, as well as seeing these photos of odd shapes which look structural, and areas photo brushed out.

I'm am here to simply ask a couple of questions, and although I know there will be difference of opinions I am curious what the OVERALL opinion is on this.

- what is the consensus on ATS on this subject and photos, fake, real, etc ?

- what is the most compelling evidence to support there is an alien colony of the far side?

All claims posted by members have fallen by the wayside because all that they do is express their belief and include photos that do not contain anything but natural features. Photos that do not have enough detail to show anything other than natural features. Photos that have been blown up so that all you see is overpixelation. Photos that have been enhanced with colors to bring out details that are created by the enhancement. Regardless of what is posted the photos are always explained by those with sharp minds and eyes.

No evidence has ever been produced to support the reality of not only aliens but an alien colony.

However, evidence of UFOs exist in films made by astronauts and videos by amateur "astronomers". One of the astronaut films, or by a command module-mounted camera, shows a white "orb"/UFO flitting over the lunar surface and as the "orb" approaches and flies over a dark crater you see a series of "acknowledging" lights coming from the crater and nearby areas. One astronaut has commented on seeing flashing lights but details are lacking.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Soon we won't have to worry them telling us anything. There are several privately funded moon explorations in the works, including Google's Lunar X Prize.

Instead of relying on a secretive government that has an agenda, we the people can just go see for ourselves.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax
Even proof from private companies would meet rage and cynicism on this forum. It's a fine line that you tread when you mention the subject here. (You know..Aliens...) ~Once the Believers get through with you then the Scientists will scrape you apart, and if that doesn't work then the Bible thumpers will subject you to you're own idiocy. (in their opinion)
-All I have to say is that that is a good thing on any forum.

The lunar anomalies get no love, deservedly so.
edit on 13-7-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

NASA Whistleblower : "Alien Moon Cities Exist" ..

Glend, you ARE aware that practically every claim he's made about his own career, "whistle-blower" Ken Johnston, is bogus? Have you searched on ATS for these debates? Never a test pilot. Never in charge of moon photos. Never an astronaut trainer. Never fired for anything from NASA -- he quit a volunteer program when asked for proof of a "PhD" he had claimed, that turned out to be a scam mail-order certificate from a non-existent school.

Is this news to you?

Well Ive never heard of this guy till now. Did a search as you suggested and came across this thread.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your debunking there as per usual. Heres one of your posts; a lot of claims but I didnt notice any sources provided:

Thanks, I hadn't seen these videos.

I guess the opening question has got to be, what can somebody do to check up on whether this guy really was what he claims, or is just delivering technogarble spiels to amuse an audience and himself?

Like, was he ever a test pilot or a pilot of any kind? Aside from his own say-so, is there any checkable documentation?

Like, whether he really is a "Dr." of some recognized academic program, or just bought a certificate of a non-existent institution from some post office box in Colorado, or something?

Like, whether he ever really was in charge of the Apollo photo archives with the authority to purge them of unwanted images? How old would he have been then and what work/education background would have justified his selection?

He called the Lunar Module at the Smithsonian "LTA-8" and said he had thousands of hours testing it, including in vacuum chambers. Are there any on-line historical documents that corroborate this claim? What is the designation of the Lunar Module that the Smithsonian claims it has -- is it consistent with Johnston's description?

Johnston claims the lunar modules landing on the moon had four probes deployed beneath each landing leg. What does NASA claim in this regard? Four probes, one beneath each leg, as Johnston states?

Johnston claims that the images of Armstrong descending to the lunar surface were actually made by a 16-mm camera in the LM co-pilot's _ Is that true? If so, how were they received in real time on Earth?

Johnston describes the Apollo module post-launch dance as "While we were still in earth orbit we had to separate from the Saturn V, take this spacecraft and turn it around, and come back and dock to the lunar module and then extract the lunar module out of a shroud where it was protected during ascent." How accurate is this description?

Johnston says that on Apollo-11 the lunar module was 'Eagle' and the command module' was 'Snoopy'. Who believes him, by now?

Isn't it reasonable, before being bluffed by bafflegarb, to make some straightforward 'reality checks' before jumping to any conclusion about the credibility of his amazing story about Thornton Page?

Or would this doubting -- and attempting corroboration -- be seen as some sort of unfair and reprehensible 'personal attack'?

It's fun and easy just to believe his story. How much of the story on these two videos departs significantly from verifiable historical facts?

Did this guy get smeared into oblivion for whistle blowing?
Like I said, never heard of him. But maybe your right, Jim.

edit on 13-7-2014 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax

Soon we won't have to worry them telling us anything. There are several privately funded moon explorations in the works, including Google's Lunar X Prize.

Instead of relying on a secretive government that has an agenda, we the people can just go see for ourselves.

The sad thing is: If those private companies don't show that anything is there, people will still be screaming "Cover up!" and claim that the companies were threatened by the Govs.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
dp
edit on 13-7-2014 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is not a topic I am extremely well-versed in, but it is one of those topics you cannot help being interested in...Unless you adamantly believe there is absolutely no truth in such statements. I like to keep an open mind, and definitely will review any evidence that is presented. What I've concluded is this: Much of what people claim as structures appear to me as pixelation or artifacts. Sometimes I even find myself wondering if the person is seriously offering this as evidence, that's how obvious it is to me.

But there have been about 2 or 3 images that I can recall that really did seem to show something that was larger than any of the pixelation present, and did appear to be some type of artifact on the actual surface of the moon. So going from there I can only assume that they are natural objects or fashioned objects. Knowing that nature can produce some relatively odd things, I do not discount natural explanations. But I do not know enough about the geology of the moon to make a truly accurate determination. Another possibility is that the person presenting the evidence fabricated it. You cannot be too careful these days where that is concerned. It does happen. So again, the vast majority of these claims are bunk, but I have not outright dismissed the idea simply because of the handful of images I recall seeing at one point. Had I really put the effort into researching them, or simply seeing what others had to say, perhaps a satisfactory answer would have emerged.

But if you think about it, "proof" or an obvious answer is only likely to be in the negative as far as moon bases are concerned. Proving they are of alien origin would be next to impossible at this time. Logically speaking, I imagine that the images I remember seeing have an explanation that has nothing to do with artificial structures on the moon. But again, I do not discount such an idea entirely.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Jiggy, I've always appreciated the way you express yourself on the boards.

Let's think about this though ... logically. The Moon is an inhospitable place. Not much gravity, not much water, no air to speak of. The Earth is just a hop, skip, and a jump away. Now ... who the heck is gonna build something up there? NASA surely hasn't. So, who does that leave? An ancient Earth civilization that's left out of the history books ... or aliens.

As for aliens, if they've made it all the way across interstellar space, it's doubtful they travelled with the resources to setup an outpost. Doubtful that they'd come here to set up an observation post on our nearest satellite just to watch (are we really that interesting?).

I don't know about any ancient Earth civilizations. I leave that to the readership of these forums for speculation. In my book, that's the 1% I give to Sky.
edit on 1372014 by Snarl because: Autocorrect

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

It would be utterly awesome to discover some abandoned base on the Moon. Not like in the Alien movies, just a huge complex of buildings that have been left untouched and preserved in the cold wastes of the moonscape. Imagine finding the evidence that proves not only life exists out there, but much, much better...intelligent technological life.

It'd be even better if we could suppose that the remains were ancient - tens of thousands of years old. That way, the trigger-happy guys wouldn't need to fortify the planet and the scientist guys could go up and learn something.

The fact remains that there's nothing to see up there and it makes our little corner of space all the more lonelier for its absence.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I remain unconvinced that there is NOT some kind of artifact up there......
The moon is a barren surface which could lend itself to mineral production should there be a need for what it has to offer to passing space ships....or an outpost to overwatch earths frisky inhabitants....those apes with atomic weapons....
One I thought was interesting is the Shard.....a tower of some sort....
Also I would remind you that many astronomers report moon anomalies over the years....

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
The fact remains that there's nothing to see up there and it makes our little corner of space all the more lonelier for its absence.

Given how sparse intelligent alien life appears to be so far, it wouldn't make sense for them to leave substantial numbers of artifacts on every little speck of rock floating in the galaxy, our relatively ordinary Moon included.

Once again, here is an illustration of how people fail to grasp just how big space is and just how insignificant our place in it is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join