It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF commercial mentions starships

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Welcome to the "holy S%&t" club! I've been here for a week and my head's still spinning.

I did dig up what seem to be some of the initial research docs from the Orion program. Oddly, the links to them on the NASA technical reports site don't go to valid pages (go figure), but they're out on some university websites with just a little digging. If anyone's curious and can't find them, PM me and I'll share.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Nope he dropped "the kids off at the lake" and left.

Rampant speculation ensues.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: shagg

Hey just sent you a PM

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Well.......
Well, well, well, well, well. After getting through most of this, combined with the Weird California Sightings thread, I'd say it's safe to call it official:

My mind is blown.

A lot of the huge questions I've wondered about; about space, about humanity, about logic... they all actually kind of make sense after being given this other option as a possible perspective to view the world through. Do I know if it's true? Nope, not yet.

Would I like what he's said to be true?

Absolutely.

Until 2040, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

That or maybe us "believers" are on a list now that we'll know what to look for.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Hey BASSPLYR, in my noob mistake of the day (so far) I just realized I can't send or receive PMs until I hit a certain number of posts.

If you're looking for the docs I mentioned, you could perhaps try looking in your favorite search engine for something like: Project Orion Cornell University, and see where that leads.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Thanks will do that. As soon as you do get enough posts to IM, and you find any other sources or good links to follow please let me know. I'd be very interested in checking them out. Thanks again for the above tip.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

So far, the only other really interesting thing I've found is several different attempts to document and map out sightings of "black triangles" over the last few years, especially in the continental US. I was surprised by the reported number of sightings (something like 400 between 2010 and 2012 according to one source). The conclusions were all over the place, though. The common theme was basically that there are more sightings over major population centers than other locations - which could either support some of the more far-out portions of last week's tale, or be a completely obvious connotation on the fact that more people live in population centers, thus more to report sightings.

I'll be sure to report anything else that comes up, and if I ever hit that threshold I'll request scholar status as well. I'd love to help out on that research project.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Add me to that list too, kind sir. I'm invested in this until the bitter end...

For some reason I now feel as if I know something I possibly shouldn't, or possibly many others don't. Weird.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

You got it. And I completely sympathize. It's been a weird week.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You may like this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

X

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

An oldie, but a goodie:

Recently, NIDS was approached by an aircraft designer who had read the Illinois UFO Report on the NIDS web site and who hypothesized that the object reported by the four police officers in January 2000 was very reminiscent of a large, lighter than air(LTA) object using an electrokinetic drive. The individual claimed that by combining LTA with electrokinetic technology, both of which have been known for decades, the DoD had likely found a highly synergistic increase in performance and that they had built this aircraft, probably in the early to mid 1980s

www.thestealthblimp.com...
NIDSCI Wiki
edit on 8/1/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It is apparent to me (and everyone else looking at this) that a whole lot went on with private PM's in regards to this "Astr0 affair."

Much of the truth , or not truth, rests on certain members and their experiences with Astr0.

Certainly, there is much more info held in those PM's... and the more info perused, the more can be surmised about it's reliability and possibility.

I still haven't found anything in the public story that pushes it in either direction... but it remains, at the least, plausible.

Would there be some way to collate the PMs and post them for all with names, id'ing data and origin removed?

That might do much to at least form a more informed opinion. Perhaps that research thread? But it would involve someone people trust not to "spill" the identifying factors, as some of the stories are veeery strange, and I wouldn't expect those who experienced it to just plop it out for public ridicule... however even IF the events and narrative are fiction, the fact so many are in the grey area of belief, makes this an important matter.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Absolutely not. Per the T&C U2Us are private and the posting of them can result in being banned.

Even if that wasn't the case I still wouldn't. Too easy for us to miss a tiny detail that gives something away to someone that knows.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Understood... perhaps, then, a central member where someone can receive various synopsis of the PMs and thus relate some of the info... in a third time removed manner?

Sorry Zaph... grasping at straws with this one. Sigh...

EDIT oh, and I wanted to make sure it's understood, that the proposed info pooling is voluntary... not saying for a mod to pry and post PMs w/out permission of anything.

And I didn't think about the security aspect of it (as much as I should've). I simply think some interesting, important info was relayed in those messages and the more safe info shared, the better.
edit on 8/2/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The only way is to examine the technology in question. That's the only way this goes forward. It doesn't matter who said what, or what was said privately. There is enough on the boards to examine the technology, so that's what will happen if you want this to go anywhere.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

And from an information based, outside perspective, the personal interaction IS important to... weigh it and get a feeling for motivations and ...well, veracity.

I would expect, being of an engineering, tech bent, you'd believe it all rests with the tech data... and that's a huge aspect... but the human aspects are a part of the whole, too.

I won't harp on it any more, but if anyone thinks it's a worthy idea and can figure out a workable method where general info about it all can be centralized, give me a heads up.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Except that as pointed out above, data is all we have. The PMs will not be shared, there is no way around that.

This needs to be less about who and more about what.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'd like to reinforce Zaphod58's point.

What may have been said in private PM's cannot be shared. We already have enough leads from what was publicly shared in the various threads to go on.

We all have "the power of the internet" at our fingertips. Some of us are better at pulling up stuff than others. I highly suggest those interested read, and re-read over the threads for any kind of key words to begin their own digging.

The integrity of the PM system would be at stake if members were allowed to post information or actual text from PM's to the public board.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Agreed... the "who" has receded in my personal rear view mirror quite awhile ago (no offense to a wonderful persona as presented, of course).

I guess my thoughts were badly presented... as is my wont... I only meant there seems to be even more data behind the scenes, as always, and somewhere to discuss the bare bones of ideas and concepts would be nice, leaving all personality and personal aspects out of it... which is a tall order, but one can wish.

EDIT and I hear you too, Mystik... so I'll shut my virtual trap.

edit on 8/2/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The stuff left behind the curtain is the stuff that lets sources be identified. So even if it could be shared, we would have to remove so much you might as well not have it.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join