It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF commercial mentions starships

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: shagg

Isn't it amazing how so many other things that seemed so innocent at the time suddenly take on an entirely new meaning?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
www.google.com...
Starting to get warmer..

edit on 7/28/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

another thing to look at with that patent is the asignee... notice it mentions the secaf... meaning the design was taken for an air force assignment

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

HERE IT IS

www.google.com...

1. A method of transportation of cargo from the surface of the Earth, to orbit around the Earth, comprising the minimum steps of:
lifting off the surface of the Earth in an atmospheric airship, docking with a floating docking facility within the upper atmosphere, transferring to a hybrid craft, the hybrid craft both lighter than air and having a shape which generates dynamic lift when the craft is moving through the air, the hybrid craft including propulsion adapted to cause the craft to accelerate, and utilizing the hybrid craft to accelerate to orbital velocity.

The components are chevron shaped, lifting bodies.
edit on 7/28/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Nice!

That last link I posted was crap... my bad. Too many tabs but this is much closer.

ETA: Oh WHAT! Good job man!
edit on 2820140720141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well said, sir.

It's remarkable how many seemingly random pieces of information line up so neatly with this overall picture.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Amazing how accurate it is becoming isn't it.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

from what im reading, the phoenix lights airship is a lighter than air craft used for transport of people and objects to a waystation in upper atmosphere which looks like a wheel hub. Problem im seeing is
"Over several days it reaches orbital velocity, and an altitude between 330,000 and 550,000 feet." how the hell? isnt orbital velocity around 15-20 mach? or does it change depending on your specifications

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

dude that could possibly account for at least one portion of the pheonix lights mystery being solved. Good job Baraka.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

You can get a large enough weather balloon up well over 100,000 feet. That altitude is still a ways away from orbit, but if you were to launch a payload at that height, it would need almost no fuel at all, and would have an almost non-existent launch signature.

But notice that it said "in the upper atmosphere". You could transfer to another craft from there that launched out into space, with no one being the wiser.
edit on 7/28/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well I pooped my pants.

"When this thing comes floating out of the hangar for the first time ATS is going to..." -Astr0

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
“Airplanes, Jets, propeller planes, rockets, space ships, star ships... If it left the surface of the earth and went and went somewhere else on an adventure, it just captured my imagination.”

He's talking about his personal interests, not what the air force actually flies...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

A single lighter than air vehicle cannot be used to reach orbital altitude nor orbital velocity. A vehicle light enough and large enough to achieve orbit cannot survive the high pressure winds and turbulence of the lower atmosphere. One vehicle is required for the lower portion of the journey, another for the upper portion. It the minimum of three lighter-than-air vehicles working together that make this method of reaching Earth's orbit possible.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Do you have a link for that quote.? That is in line with what Astr0 was referring to.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I'll try to find it since we're neighbors.

Here's one

Or this

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Thanks neighbor.

Was the multi stage lighter that aircraft to orbit blurb from Astr0 though?

I was wondering where you got this:

"A single lighter than air vehicle cannot be used to reach orbital altitude nor orbital velocity. A vehicle light enough and large enough to achieve orbit cannot survive the high pressure winds and turbulence of the lower atmosphere. One vehicle is required for the lower portion of the journey, another for the upper portion. It the minimum of three lighter-than-air vehicles working together that make this method of reaching Earth's orbit possible."

Thanks.

edit on 28-7-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
WOW and Neat. This patent looks like a visual interpretation of George Friedman's Battle Stars as described in "The Next 100 Years" ( ISBN: 978-0-7679-2305-7).

With the only difference being where in the atmosphere they are deployed, and who controls them. Back to the video in the OP, we're all assuming that its a Space Station. What "IF" it's one of these ships instead. Now that's a head scratcher.

edit on 28-7-2014 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Oh.

Last paragraph before you see PATENT CITATIONS

Right Here

I'm pretty sure Astr0 mentioned something lighter than air that wasn't a ballon when he first started talking (or when I first saw him talking) about graphene. I can look for that if you would like.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Ah thanks. Lol, didn't get that far down.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

With the only difference being where in the atmosphere they are deployed, and who controls them. Back to the video in the OP, we're all assuming that its a Space Station. What "IF" it's one of these ships instead. Now that's a head scratcher.

The Chevron appears to be a means of getting to the space station. Or partway at least.

The high altitude airship cannot reach orbit. The orbital airship cannot reach the ground. The buoyant transfer station and docking facility is the connection between the two vehicles.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join