It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obamagration Timeline and Help from Foreign Leaders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I guess it's time we start to actually DO something about it. Attitudes like you have, don't help solve the problem.

Des

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Awsome, a country built by the strength of there immigrants now cries about having too many. Lets see how propaganda works, economie in the pits, start a war and blame immigrants, same song different year.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

With the cooperation of the Mexican government, the United States repatriated about one-half million Mexicans between 1929 and 1935. Some of the people sent back to Mexico were actually U.S. citizens with long-established residences and others who were tricked or forced to go. Indicative of their historical pattern of immigration and deportation, Mexicans were welcomed back to the United States a decade later, when they were invited to fill the gaps in the American workforce as the United States mobilized for World War II.

source

We weren't as lax on immigration as you make it seem when we were broke before. We didn't owe a tenth of what we owe now. Why do people think it's okay to just keep spending money we don't have? Do you not think there will be any consequence to just throwing money at whatever problem may arise, even problems of other nations? You do realize someone is going to have to pay back the 18 trillion we owe right? You do realize that the quality of life you have right now might be tolerable but the quality of life your grandkids will have won't be pretty, right?
edit on 13-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It wasn't until the 1940's that immigration from the southern border became a problem. Interestingly, it was a problem for Mexico, not the US.

What ?

There have always been restrictions placed on immigration

Yeah the Page Act of 1875

Followed up by the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882

Followed up by the Immigration Act of 1891

Followed up by the Emergency Quota Act of 1921

Followed up by the Immigration Act of 1924

en.wikipedia.org...

Read those last two especially.

What makes hispanics so effing special ?

WHAT ?

Lots of people want to come here from all over the world.

They don't get to because of guess what ?

ILLEGAL immigration.

Honestly illegal immigration/ regular immigration from Mexico, and central and South American should be BANNED for at least a century.
edit on 13-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I said, as you quoted, 'from the southern border.' Illegal immigration is a problem because we've made legal immigration near impossible for anyone but the wealthy and highly educated. The only thing that has allowed 'regular' immigrants who don't have Ph.D.'s or a million dollars is our policy on refugee's.

a reply to: Destinyone

I think the recent senate bill is a step in the right direction. I don't think it will fix any long-lasting problems though.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I said, as you quoted, 'from the southern border.' Illegal immigration is a problem because we've made legal immigration near impossible for anyone but the wealthy and highly educated. The only thing that has allowed 'regular' immigrants who don't have Ph.D.'s or a million dollars is our policy on refugee's.

And the point is ?

I make no GD apologies in standing of the way of the progressive agenda of trying to turn this country in to a third world cess pool.

Hell the progressive agenda has for all intents and purposes succeeded in that.

Those aren't rich people coming here by the thousands.

Those are poor.

This country has enough poor people it without a pot to snip in.

Taken a good look at the current state of the union lately ?

This country nearing 18 trillion in debt.

Half of this country is working part time.

100 million Americans aren't even working at all.

100+ million Americans are on that glorious 'single payer' government ran healthcare.

1 + trillion dollars of student loan debt.

This nation is sinking fast and the pro ILLEGAL immigration group has turned on a pump filling the boat with more water.

The sad part here is that WE have NO WHERE to run to.

And I will thank the progressives to kindly stop aiding, and abetting CRIMINAL activity.

And anyone who supports it, and push's 'amnesty' are accessories after the FACT.

We can't take care of our own problems.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Awsome, a country built by the strength of there immigrants now cries about having too many. Lets see how propaganda works, economie in the pits, start a war and blame immigrants, same song different year.

Duke, if no-one is going to differentiate between legal immigration and illegal, then why even have a discussion?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch
a reply to: WhiteAlice

You cant answer any question I asked you. At what point do we have too many unemployed immigrants roaming our streets? At what point in history were we 18 trillion dollars in debt and paying 1000 bucks a month for foreign children to have a bed to sleep in? None of you that think we should let them in have a leg to stand on. Using your same logic, if one of these children breaks into your house seeking asylum you should have to house and feed him. It's the right thing to do right? Or is it only the right thing to do when ALL of us have to pay for it not just you?

At no point in history has our country ever been in such a grievous amount of debt than it is now. You're right. However, how that happened had nothing to do with immigration. If you look at the surplus and deficits of the federal government since the dawn of its time, it was hovering at zero all throughout large immigrations and more. It wasn't until the 70's that it dipped downward into the negative slightly before going full on negative in the 80's all the way up til the mid 90's when Clinton forced a surplus. Short lived that because it went back down and even more so as the years went by. How that happened has naught to do with immigration. Most of the federal spending is actually in the wide blanket of "national security". About 62% iirc.

Now where illegal immigration is painted as a negative in regards to the deficit is in that whole social assistance business. Here's the deal though--you have a bunch of people coming into the country who are unable to get legitimate work half the time so they are at risk of being paid substandard wages and under the table because they can't legally work (loss of tax revenues). Those that employ them are also shirking on their payroll tax bill in the process (loss of tax revenue). Those immigrants are probably just happy to have that job but that is also probably a reason why so many of them end up on social assistance. The other option that we have is that we do not feed them. However, what happens there is an increase in crime. Lastly, as far as any medical treatment goes, considering the Cholera epidemic that occurred that was loosely related to the Irish immigration, I think I'd prefer them to have some access to healthcare just to be on the safe side.

As far as the $1000 a month for a child, that's actually the going per child rate for foster care. If one of these kids breaks into my house to seek asylum, then I will do what any mother with half a heart would do. I'd intervene and try to assist the child in any way that I could because kids being on the street puts them at serious risk for all sorts of bad things.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yeah well was there a point there ?

The same thing were said about the :

Irish,Polish,Germans,Italians,Chinese,Africans and the list goes on.

Ethnics groups are not ' American' until they are blamed for something.

And America was built by the RULE OF LAW.

Since no society can exist without it.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Can you verify this though non conservative links?

I mean anything that isn't in the right wing echo chamber?

Cause otherwise it's just conjecture, rumor, and probably a lie.

You mean like something contained in the conjecture, rumor, and lie ridden left wing echo chamber? You speak as if there is still such a thing as an unbiased source.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: queenofswords
As we have learned from this very discussion board, under NDAA, deceptive domestic propaganda is now allowed in the U.S.

That's absolutely false.

All of these threads are just filled to the brim with xenophobia. Sure, immigration has increased, so have deportations. Obama's the Deporter in Chief. Deporting more immigrants than any other president.

Keep talking about how much Obama wants these people here for 'votes'. If that were true he'd stop deporting them or at least...deport a lot less of them. Votes hardly matter in this country when a nominee can win five states and take the presidency, regardless of popular votes. Also doesn't matter that a million more people voted for democrats in the last house election and yet...the GOP have a substantial majority. That's very, very representative of the population, isn't it?

Our immigration system is so broken. A wall won't help, a million troops on the border won't help. It's so much more than that. Keep the threads coming though. I think we're a week behind on our regular Hillary threads.

Why are you talking votes? ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS CAN'T VOTE THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS. Also, the NDAA DID legalize propaganda for the first time since 1948, in 2012 when it was passed into legislation.

Filled to the brim with xenophobia? More like middle class Americans are PISSED because their tax paying dollars are now going to illegal immigrants instead of American citizens. Or do you not comprehend where the money is coming from to take care of these people?

If you're so 'pro-immigration' why don't you take five of them in to live in your home, and YOU can pay for them and the things they need; Rather than the rest of the United States paying for illegals that apparently don't have to pull their own weight and get more rights than us actual citizens.

Xenophobia... pfffft.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

If one of these kids breaks into my house to seek asylum, then I will do what any mother with half a heart would do. I'd intervene and try to assist the child in any way that I could because kids being on the street puts them at serious risk for all sorts of bad things.

Yeah right. You are going to scream and call the police. Saying you would do otherwise is comedy. You speak honduran? We kicked a lot of people out of this country during the great depression, numerous people have linked to it. Including myself. You simply aren't being honest. We actually deport a bunch of people and stop immigration EVERYTIME we go broke. Not because we hate immigrants, because if anybody deserves help from the system it's people who paid into the system. We only allow immigrants back when the economy picks up.

Everyone is not required to have compassion. Just because you feel we should be compassionate doesn't mean you get to use the resources of others and break the law to do it. That is exactly what Obama is doing. Furthermore it has nothing to do with Obama's compassion. This is the same guy that blows up american citizens riding with their children overseas with drones. No trial no nothing. He don't care about no kids.

You still haven't answered my questions. How many immigrants is too many? There are about 7 billion people on this planet. How many of them should be allowed to reside within our borders? That is the whole point of borders isn't it, to keep people out?

I wish for once people would look past "the children" and see that this as a major distraction for something else.
edit on 13-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

All of these threads are just filled to the brim with xenophobia.

Remember this quote.

Next time you read a thread about rich people,bankers,corporations,gun owners,Christianphone, Israeliphobes. etc.

Guess that must make those 'haters'.

Richophobes.

Bankerphobes.

Corporationphobes.

Gun ownerphobes.

Christianphones.

Israeliphobes.

And the list goes on.

I had no idea that when one wants the LAWS of this country ENFORCED that made them 'xenophobes'.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

We were built on immigration when the land was totally unsettled, not when it was already over crowded.

Secondly, the majority of Americans have no issue with LEGAL immigration. You know, obtain citizenship, pay your taxes, pull your own weight. Rather than, live here for free, with no citizenship, and make American's pay for your free ride. I fail to see how any rational human being can even consider us a currently stable enough to take on this sort of problem when our deficit is higher than ever, and we can't even take proper care of all of our current LEGAL citizens.

It perplexes me how any American is ok with this.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

Well first...I was referring to the earlier comments that Obama was just letting them in so Democrats could get votes.

Second, I already disproved the propaganda thing in your thread that you made about it. Yet, you still believe it was real and it happened and you insist on perpetuating the myth.

Finally, if you can find me five illegal immigrants I'll bring them over to my house. I'm not on a path to seek them out but if they show up, why should I say no? Same goes for the nation as a whole.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Secondly, the majority of Americans have no issue with LEGAL immigration.

I know I don't.

Anyone who wants to come here, can.

As long as the knock on this house's door, ask for permission, and get in line.

Like the rest of US law abiding citizens do.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Finally, if you can find me five illegal immigrants I'll bring them over to my house. I'm not on a path to seek them out but if they show up, why should I say no? Same goes for the nation as a whole.

So really you only support them as far as words on a forum will get them. Which is not very far.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Well first...I was referring to the earlier comments that Obama was just letting them in so Democrats could get votes.

That is a fact.

IF people want 'amnesty' fine lets have it.

Right long with this caviat.

Any illegal persons that are already here by forfeiture have NO right to vote for the remainder of their days.

Since there is already a precident that covers criminals losing their right to vote.

Only fair.

Let's see how many would push making those illegals- legal,

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

Since you don't seem to be getting the answer you want and some people are going the extreme route of moats and armed people on the border I'll go my own way; No number is 'too many' to me. Borders are meant to keep people out? Erase the border, no reason to keep anyone anywhere. If the law is equitable everywhere then the only reason to immigrate is a change of scenery.

We need to move beyond the concept of independent nation states. We've seen the planet from space. There are no borders from that vantage point.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Second, I already disproved the propaganda thing in your thread that you made about it. Yet, you still believe it was real and it happened and you insist on perpetuating the myth.

My thread isn't a myth that I am perpetuating, you merely misunderstood it's context. The bill doesn't authorize spending of US tax payer dollars on propaganda, it merely made it legal for anyone to spend "personal" money, or "campaign funds". Also the line you decided to take out of context saying no funds should be appropriated, was for domestic distribution of propaganda, not foreign distribution.

Know your facts before you come in here talking about people perpetuating myths.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join