It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you know that your NOT in the CIA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There seems no doubt that the CIA has it's claws in a lot of things. I bet there are a lot of businesses that are CIA assets. It got me thinking that a regular person could easily be on the CIA pay role and not even realise it. Just think that the person you see as your boss at work, is really your CIA handler. At work, you are doing a task which when taken in the bigger picture is part of a CIA mission. Even your Dr reports everything about you back to the agency and your family is really a cover for your mission.

Suppose everything you thought about your life turned out to be wrong and in reality you are a CIA agent and was not even aware of it. Would this scare you? How can you be 100% sure you are not in the CIA?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Because they wouldn't want me.
I'm too old. Too sick. Too opinionated. Too unbelieving. Too untrusting.
And waaaay too grumpy to be a 'yes woman' to TPTB.
They'd hate having me on staff.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

PLUS...

They would owe us a TON of back pay

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Who me? My life is too un-eventful for me to be involved with such things. LOL

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Because they wouldn't want me.
I'm too old. Too sick. Too opinionated. Too unbelieving. Too untrusting.
And waaaay too grumpy to be a 'yes woman' to TPTB.
They'd hate having me on staff.

roflmao!

With the exception of being a woman, you pretty much described my sentiments exactly!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You would know if you were a CIA agent. It's a career one chooses.

If they hijacked my brain though, that would upset me. If I found out I had been heavily brainwashed, and was in reality a puppet spy I would probably stay quiet about it and find out how this had happened. I would want to know about my true identity, family, etc. Then I would pull and Angelina Jolie and regain the identity I was meant to have.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I run my own business

But if the CIA want to buy me out im open to offers lol

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There was a thread around here somewhere saying that this years data collection is about 900 exabytes, a lot. As they start mining and processing it sounds like we are all tied up in it someway.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My bank account! Lol!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: decltype

Because I don't get a paycheck as I'm (hopefully temporarily) disabled. I don't even get a check from the government for that either. In my case, it's pretty cut and dry on my end.

I think one would also have to consider what their job actually is and whether it is actually meaningful as any sort of "CIA mission". If somebody is working as a bookkeeper for a company that services the CIA, like say Evergreen International, which is suspected of being a CIA front by some, and all they are doing is their job as a bookkeeper--does that make them a CIA agent really? Or are they just a bookkeeper that happens to work for a company that services the CIA and may be a CIA front?

I tend to think it's more likely to be the latter of the two and it's payroll not "pay role" for future reference. One might work for a company that could be an asset owned by the CIA but that doesn't necessitate that one is actually an agent or that their entire life is a sham. That seems better suited for a tv show or movie.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Did you just watch 'Total Recall'?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You know....

AT one time I think I was part of an MK Ultra operation. It was long ago and the memories are all fuzzy and muddled. Perhaps on purpose.

At the University I attended, a friend confided in me that some "people" were messing with his mind; as his friend I think I was drawn into either his delusion or his reality.

edit on 13-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Kind of like we are all part of some big mk ultra experiment?

I suppose our society is just one big petri dish these days. Blame our interwebs for that particular proclivity!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wouldnt mind getting a phonecall hearing a random word being spoken and then going all Jason Bourne.....lol. The CIA probably does have assets everywhere. I like to think that since they work with these NGO's and transnational corporations that they use some of their subsidiaries as fronts for their activities. I would imagine there's a CIA man at every major corporation worth being at.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think the CIA and other covert agencies operate somewhat on the "aligned goal" principle. Money funded to a business that will create a safe, covert shipping method to another country. Or the timeless practice of aligning with extremist groups (or "Freedom Fighters", depending on the press release) to eliminate unpopular leaders.
So theoretically, anyone could be working for an intelligence agency and not know it.
That said, according to some recent leaks, apparently telecoms will jump at the chance to team up with the NSA and then lie about it for years and years.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Maybe it has always been a petri-dish and now we have finally evolved to a point that some of us can see it.

They could use online forums to 'steal' ideas that may help their mission, what ever it may be.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

My fashion sense sucks.

Plus, my parents weren't related...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: decltype
There seems no doubt that the CIA has it's claws in a lot of things. I bet there are a lot of businesses that are CIA assets. It got me thinking that a regular person could easily be on the CIA pay role and not even realise it. Just think that the person you see as your boss at work, is really your CIA handler. At work, you are doing a task which when taken in the bigger picture is part of a CIA mission. Even your Dr reports everything about you back to the agency and your family is really a cover for your mission.

Suppose everything you thought about your life turned out to be wrong and in reality you are a CIA agent and was not even aware of it. Would this scare you? How can you be 100% sure you are not in the CIA?

I don't know how many people would fit this on a long term basis. But there are certainly any number of people who have unwittingly aided CIA cover stories. Especially through interacting with apparently legitimate CIA front companies.

People who work in the media are probably the most likely to fit your scenario. We already know that there are numerous intelligence assets in the media. If you work in the media, one could easily be your boss or an important co-worker. And you could be aiding their agenda without knowing it.

Even people who think they're working against the aims of the intelligence community may actually be doing just the intelligence community wants them to do. And that there are people nudging them in these directions.

So while I don't think there are many Jason Bournes out there. There are undoubtedly many people who helping the intelligence community without being aware of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I do nothing that would be considered important to our country. Unless being unemployed is an asset to the CIA

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well I guess if you are one of the ones out there who were abused as children to the point of a shattered identity, you could be an asset without knowing it. I'm sure there are many out there who have multiple identities without realizing. Of course those identities tend to degrade into mental illness or personal addiction as one ages. Maybe that would be the first sign.

In all honesty though, if the government is watching our every move and controls every aspect of the economy, thoughts, and ideas(internet) then we're all a part of things whether we want to be or not.

I don't worry about the idea too much as there isn't any positive to come out of doing so.

Would make a great story however.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join