It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to phase out cash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I saw this a couple of months ago and have been contemplating it ever sense.

Israel heading toward becoming cashless. In no time in history has there not been some sort of currently, minus trade/barter.

The motivation for examining a cash-less economy is combatting money laundering and other tax-evasion tactics, thereby maximizing potential tax collection and greatly expanding the tax base. This is important considering the enormous strain put on Israel’s national budget by the army, healthcare system and other public services.

It would be a gradual transition.

The following guidelines were set out by the committee for the short-term:

Limit business transactions done in cash or by check to NIS 7,500 ($2,150) immediately, and reduce that further to NIS 5,000 ($1,433) one year from the date of legislation; Limit private transactions done in cash or by check to NIS 15,000 ($4,300); Any violation of these limits would be a criminal offense warranting a stiff fine.

www.israeltoday.co.il...

Over time I'm sure these limits would slowly be reduced.

This probably won't happen in the US and other Countries for the foreseeable future but I'm trying to visualize what a no cash system looks like. This is because I know the concept will spread.

When there is no cash how will people shop at yard sales?
How will people pay their kids an allowance?
What if the electricity goes out?
How would you give homeless people money?
How do homeless people buy anything, if they have nothing to keep an account sustained?
How powerful would banks become if people needed them 100% to buy food?
Etc.

How much would this alter behavior. Do I really want every coffee I buy at Starbucks recorded somewhere?
Does the man who was just told to not eat bad foods no longer break down and go through McDonalds?
Does the man who pays for hookers no longer engage in this practice?
Does the drug addict stop doing drugs?

I'm not sure I like the idea of no tangible exchange. I can also see this being used to control people more. While corruption at the civilian end may dwindle, corruption at the other end of things would rise. It's also a bit prophetic.
edit on 13-7-2014 by Dianec because: Add link

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think that eventually the whole world will be cashless. TPTB in the NWO will be better able to control us all that way. We are already on our way to that, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The world will never go cashless, I don't know if you're referring to paper money itself or goods trades for actually items. We will never go electronic..... ever...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

I am not surprised because family have always laughted about the tax collection and how 'objectionable it is to people living in Israel. This is a country with the oldest taxation grumps in the world so one could say nothing has changed. I bet there will be a huge outcry about it. Good luck Netie I doubt you will win this one.

I bet all governments would love the power over its citizens a cashless society would bring. Revelation talks about having a number imprinted on one's forehead or hand enabling this kind of technology. However I would hope that people would have more common sense than to allow this form of dictatorship to come about. Because once the bank cuts your card up how exactly do you feed your family once your cash reserve runs out and you are all starving?

Today its hard to get to someone who has any authority over the phone lines when something goes amiss imagine the flap if its about cutting your yhour ability to access your cash and you have family to feed.

There's already the odd article about hair cuts to people's savings to pay the interest on Britain's debt, I suspect the financial markets are in such a dire position that governments all around the world will be wining to get into everyone's wallet, especially the poorer workers and retired.

I also don't like the idea of corporpations, politicians, police etc all knowing every personal detail about our lives. We are living as slaves when this happens, we will loose our right to protect by being made dependant on toeing the line of authority and you openly disapprovate or whistle-blow I bet all sorts of things will happen and cash will be 'lost' like home office files, for anyone standing out..

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I always wondered what the underlying premise of etching diamonds might 'really' be.

Check your PMs Diane. You missed the one I sent you several days ago.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Oh this is just wonderful.

We're now talking fiat currency on steroids.

If it wasn't bad enough that the private criminal Federal Reserve Rothschild bankers' had a monopoly on the U.S. dollar and drove America into an inescapable multi-trillion dollar hole of debt.

Now we've got the Rothschild's prima donna Israel no doubt being handed the NWO's prototype digital currency franchise.

You think taxes are high and hyper-inflation is bad now, this will make monopolizing printing press concessions and creating counterfeit money out of thin air, look like child's play.

The privileged few entitled to oversee its software will enjoy untold advantages.

edit on 13-7-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I thought of prophecy when I read this a couple of months ago as well. It's only a matter of time, justified with keeping tax evasion at bay and criminals in check. They can't take away the bartering system but they can definitely stop printing money. Im going to keep an eye on it. If it's being proposed by the PM and being discussed as a plan at this point I can see it being global in less than 50 years. It's concerning.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
I don't know if you're referring to paper money itself or goods trades for actually items.

Paper money itself. If TPTB fully bring in a cashless society, I am absolutely sure that people will find a way around it for certain goods and services .... like trading blow for hookers .... or setting up an illegal barter system that the feds will try like heck to close down but the people will do it 'underground'. That kind of thing.

I'm talking 'official' paper money.
I should have been more clear.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I always wondered what the underlying premise of etching diamonds might 'really' be.

Check your PMs Diane. You missed the one I sent you several days ago.

Got it. Thank you. I've followed that advice and will continue to do so. I think you were right about the link between the two things you mention. Anything electronic is too easy to hack and therefore spy on.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well then how will all those god-fearing people over there throw money in the collection hats??????

I don't see this happening. Israel likes to pretend that they're smarter and more edgier than everyone else, but I think it's a pipe dream.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
a reply to: FlyersFan

The world will never go cashless, I don't know if you're referring to paper money itself or goods trades for actually items. We will never go electronic..... ever...

No more printed money. I can't say this would affect gold, silver, and bartering (it won't), but I can see no more cash. Canada discontinued the penny if I'm not mistaken. Probably because the dollar is the new penny but if Israel has a two year plan to take the amount of cash that is legal down what's the 5 year plan? When does it become illegal or use more than 10.00 for any one transaction?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Well then how will all those god-fearing people over there throw money in the collection hats??????

I don't see this happening. Israel likes to pretend that they're smarter and more edgier than everyone else, but I think it's a pipe dream.

I'm not against Israel in the least, and I'm not freaky about prophecy, but it seems as though they really want to put the mark of the beast to the test sometimes. I completely see this happening. It's been being talked about for years. I can check myself out of the grocery store and pump my own gas without ever having to look at another human being. I don't see this being out of the question.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
To go cashless means you would be required to have a bank.
No thank you.
I believe the christians call this "the mark of the beast", without it you cannot purchase Etc.
Not surprised the new world Nazis endorse this.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Cashless but some overlord having the right to make generic computer scarsity points. NO WAY.

Yes, cashless, taxless, land for all. BUT, not going to abide by their no cash money, they don't have any right to make the stuff to begin with.

And they don't have any right to the land and resources and their jobs are never to disempower their BOSS's.l

So they're not law makers, they''re service delivery people.

Otherwise flush it down the toilet and don't come back.

Nothing upsets me more, minus a host of murder, genocide, starvation for many, GMO, radiation, incredibly criminal laws, and a host of other things, than their idea that they can make money up out of thin air, and run a thin air money/scarsity slave system ie. computer points or something.

Um...well then I can, and Joe down the road can, period. We're all richer than imagineable then. They have no rights or authority to run ponzy schemes out of thin air, and they really had no right to make up money to begin with. Its a crime against humanity and consequently they need jail time.
edit on 13-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This makes more sense to me. Most people use an electronic means for buying stuff so as more businesses and services refuse cash we will simply see no need for it.

Instead, the big banks and the governments of the industrialized world are doing all they can to get us to voluntarily transition to such a system. Once 98 or 99 percent of all transactions do not involve cash, eliminating the remaining 1 or 2 percent will only seem natural. The big banks want a cashless society because it is much more profitable for them. theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

Israel, Canada, Sweden and whoever else may lead the way in phasing it out altogether over the next decade or two but I can see it's only a matter of time.

In most Swedish cities, public buses don't accept cash; tickets are prepaid or purchased with a cell phone text message. A small but growing number of businesses only take cards, and some bank offices — which make money on electronic transactions — have stopped handling cash altogether. www.cbsnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join