It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

The disconnect will come when the USA picks a war with another country that ends up thrashing them around on the battlefield; when the widows in the American homeland find themselves meeting other widows instead of just seeing them on TV. When every American personally feels the human cost of their government's actions, they will question why it has to be like this.
a reply to: Vovin

You stole my thoughts here. Kick in the GUTS is what is needed for US to come to its senses. So far they have been toying with heavily sanctioned third world armies only.

Regarding widows, do not worry much. In US Army culture, as soon as the man is gone overseas, the wife starts to mess around, sometimes out of need for company and other times to earn extra money. Many a times there is a mutual consent between the couple to "mess around" while they are away to keep mind in balance. Weird culture !!

There have been Dateline type shows on tv regarding this culture in US military bases.

Yes that is a common thing in western culture here, regardless if either spouse is a veteran or not.

But I don't think that they are all like that. There is a lot of pride to be had with your significant other serving in the military, which kinda gives you the same status as well. And that love thing... Well, I'm sure there's not enough space on ATS to explain the philosophical, emotional and physical complexities the bind one person to one other.

Whores will be whores, though, so pick them right before you make the commitment. And men can be just as deceitful too, so better hope you're not fighting a squad of women soldiers who just got their "Dear Jane" letters or you're done, son

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

MSN study said on average "madly in love" lasts at most 18 months.

It was actually sad to hear that lots of US military families had to rely on "food stamps" to meet their needs.

47 Million Americans are on food stamps i.e. some portion of their food bill is paid by the "food stamps".

This makes me wonder as to who the real enemies of US are? Those outside like Al-Queda or North Koreans or Iran

OR

those in DC calling themselves the "lawmakers" aka money printers aka wasteful spenders.

Now these same lawmakers, controlling the US military are prodding towards picking fight with the Russians by poking noses in Russia's near abroad and pushing countries to take hostile stands.

Until these lawmakers, with six figure salaries, mighty benefits and six figure pensions for life, are made to take a "personal hits" in their lives, they will not understand the "struggles and scopes" of common persons..............in the USA........let alone other less fortunate nations where they poke their noses and foment troubles.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

MSN study said on average "madly in love" lasts at most 18 months.

It was actually sad to hear that lots of US military families had to rely on "food stamps" to meet their needs.

47 Million Americans are on food stamps i.e. some portion of their food bill is paid by the "food stamps".

This makes me wonder as to who the real enemies of US are? Those outside like Al-Queda or North Koreans or Iran

OR

those in DC calling themselves the "lawmakers" aka money printers aka wasteful spenders.

Now these same lawmakers, controlling the US military are prodding towards picking fight with the Russians by poking noses in Russia's near abroad and pushing countries to take hostile stands.

Until these lawmakers, with six figure salaries, mighty benefits and six figure pensions for life, are made to take a "personal hits" in their lives, they will not understand the "struggles and scopes" of common persons..............in the USA........let alone other less fortunate nations where they poke their noses and foment troubles.

You know as well as I do that Western social democracy is just an illusion that pins up oligarchy. The American elite taking a hit to their personal wealth will only encourage them to protect their own capital, not use the opportunity to benefit the country as a whole.

I don't know why you discount Marxist political ideology when it is a means to demolish and rebuild the establishment of capitalism when war is a function of capitalist imperialism.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Sorry Bro, marxism and its offshoots do not ring bells to me. 60% US Model with 20% changes in foreign policy and economics plus 20% changes after deep thinking regarding culture and daily morality and ethics. That's my model of preference.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join