It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesn't see the irony in giving you a ticket for not wearing a seat belt......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
A friend of mine just sent me this pic, and it kind of blew me away when I thought about it!

Your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think that it would be very hypocritical for a motorcycle cop to give a biker a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. Motorcycles are kind of in a category all their own. That's why many states have helmet laws.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yep, i laughed. Then i realised the difference in between being in a car and protected by being strapped into a box with a roll-cage, and on the other side tumbling along a road at 60mph strapped to a lump of steel underneath my nuts as it broke my back and ripped my head off.

Still class though!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Hahaha I was wondering where your were going with this when I read the title.
Gonna steal this one, thanks for the share

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Yea kind of weird huh?!! I mean your chances of dying if getting hit on a motorcycle even with a helmet are much higher than in a car. In a car you have air bags, seat belts and not to mention a car frame!

I have a lot of friends who don't wear helmets on their bikes. Here in FL you don't have to as long as you have insurance or something like that. There is some law stating you dont' have to wear a helmet but there are stipulations to that law.

I NEVER understood that law because I HAVE to wear a seatbelt to protect me in an accident yet they get to go bare HEADED on the open road?! Talk about death wish. I had a friend who wore one of those small skull type helmets and he had a BAD accident and that helmet saved his LIFE.

I get the thrill of a motorcycle and why those who love it don' like helmets but I just dont get how they don't want to be safe. Maybe it's the thrill?

I know anytime I've ever been on one I insisted on a helmet and no roads over 40mph.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki
I think that it would be very hypocritical for a motorcycle cop to give a biker a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. Motorcycles are kind of in a category all their own. That's why many states have helmet laws.

Agreed!

What about a person driving a car though?

Is it about safety or generating revenue for insurance companies and local governments? After getting this picture it kind of makes things very clear! At least for my conspiratorial mind......

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Seat belt laws just give them an excuse to pull you over and search your vehicle. Revenue collection. I stay off bikes. They are death traps. A guy just up the road hit a truck while riding his bike and got creamed last night. I have been in a few bad car crashes. I drive a Crown Victoria and wear a seat belt. I don't need a law.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I completely understand the message there. I see seatbelt tickets, personally, as revenue generation. I had a good friend that was in a car accident and he was actually killed by his seatbelt... and I've heard many similar stories. Sure, they can save your life, but they can have the opposite effect as well. It's for the dough, imho.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

Well, where I'm from, Fema region 3 and back woods America, we don't have motorcycle cops!

But for those of you whom live in a populated area that has them, I would say "If you get a ticket for not wearing a seat belt by a cop on a motorcycle, print out this picture and use it as evidence to show the judge how ridiculous THEIR laws have become!!!!"!

I know, I am instigating here, but who knows? If this picture makes the judge think as it did myself and as it did those of you on ATS whom saw it, maybe, just maybe, we can show how ridiculous and tyrannical some of our laws are???

Sometimes all we need to do is show the hypocrisy of our laws, such as this picture shows, and the fight is won without even fighting!

I know I'm dreaming but what the hell right?

edit on 12-7-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I was behind a motorcycle cop in Austin. I'm not sure if he actually got an emergency call, or if he was just feeling manly and showing off for the college chicks. He stopped traffic in both directions and did a rubber burning 180. The bike kicked out from under him and landed on his leg. I jumped out of my truck and helped lift the bike so he could get out from under it before the exhaust pipes toasted his leg. The street was lined with people clapping and laughing their asses off...lot's of "woo-hoo's." This was near the UT campus. I had to ask the guy "What the hell were you thinking?"
The thing that stuck with me was how many people enjoyed seeing a cop eat s#it.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki

Standard motorcycles don't have seatbelts......

If you crash on one you want to be as far away from the machine as possible, seatbelts would be extremely dangerous on a motorcyle.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Its never been about our safety. It is just another way to generate a ton of $$ for the city..

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Is the cop ticketing people in a car, or motorcycle? If it's a car .. there is no irony, only the inability to think logically by the person making the meme.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Its never been about our safety. It is just another way to generate a ton of $$ for the city..

No actually it's about money, just not money for the city. Not wearing a seatbelt causes a lot more damage that costs a lot more money and is a drain on society.

When you are able to sign a waiver to not receive medical treatment you can't afford then you can do as you like. When hospitals are forced to care for you, then you can't.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Is the cop ticketing people in a car, or motorcycle? If it's a car .. there is no irony, only the inability to think logically by the person making the meme.

I have NEVER seen a motorcycle with a seatbelt!!!!

Do you sell car insurance for a living?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

No actually it's about money, just not money for the city. Not wearing a seatbelt causes a lot more damage that costs a lot more money and is a drain on society.

When you are able to sign a waiver to not receive medical treatment you can't afford then you can do as you like. When hospitals are forced to care for you, then you can't.

So now they are saving $ on damage and collecting an absolute ton of money on the no seatbelt tickets. Always with their damn hands in my pocket.

And why would I need to sign a waiver isn't that what I have insurance for?

Just a random thought... Why don't school buses have seatbelts?
edit on 12-7-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I have NEVER seen a motorcycle with a seatbelt!!!!

Do you sell car insurance for a living?

Maybe you missed it ... that is my point. If the cop is not ticketing people in a motorcycle where is the irony?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

So now they are saving $ on damage and collecting an absolute ton of money on the no seatbelt tickets. Always with their damn hands in my pocket.

And why would I need to sign a waiver isn't that what I have insurance for?

Just a random thought... Why don't school buses have seatbelts?

Actually no that is not what you have insurance for. Many people have bare minimum insurance that does not cover this at all. If the system was changed so that you could pay extra insurance costs to cover not wearing a seatbelt I am all for it. As soon as your risk is not paid for out of my pocket you can do whatever you like.

As far as buses, some do need seatbelts, others have protections that make seatbelts very costly with very little added safety.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
A friend of mine just sent me this pic, and it kind of blew me away when I thought about it!

Your thoughts?

Ok so I have had this conversation with a cop on a bike during a ticket.

Officer: "I am writing you a ticket for no seatbelt."

MG: "It doesn't bother you writing me a ticket while you're riding a bike and not wearing one?"

Officer: "no"

MG: "Does it bother you my kids school bus doesn't have seatbelts? Or city buses, or even greyhound traveling buses?"

Officer: Chuckling, "I see what you're saying and it makes sense but it is the law, rips ticket from the book, you will be notified by mail when to appear."

MG: "So this isn't about what's right?"

Officer: "Nope its about the law. Have a good day"

Mg: "Well that's over now isn't it."

Office: Silence...

True story Los Angeles County California, 605 Fwy. City of Norwalk.

$310.00 fine..

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The only irony here is that the person who made the image macro doesn't understand irony.

Seat belts save lives. The more lives saved and the fewer injuries, the less you and I have to pay for insurance. Or pay out when someone doesn't have insurance and is injured.

Seat belt laws are one of the dumbest things I've seen people complain about. It's really incredibly stupid to not wear your seatbelt. The chances of you being 'safely ejected' are beyond slim, along with the chance of you getting trapped. If you're worried, attach a seatbelt cutter somewhere in the car.

Driving is a privilege, not a right.

This is a stupid image macro. It makes no sense. If it was a cop in a car without his belt on or a cop ticketing a motorcycle, then fine. It is neither. For the record I think motorcycles should be illegal, but until that time comes wearing a seatbelt on one would be more dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join