It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel v. Gaza, US would do the same

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CommandoJoe

All this proves is that Israel is good at protecting its citizens, while Hamas intentionally draws Israel fire to areas with their civilians, encouraging them to be human shields and sacrificed for propaganda purposes...

All your source proves is that it is Bias, especially when it acknowledges that it is affiliated with another website who's owner was a foreign policy adviser to Benjamin Netanyahu at one point and an IDF captain. I may as well watch CNN and believe everything they say.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

You asked

I'm pretty sure Israel launched an offensive about a week ago, why did they launch that operation?

So i answered.

Hamas have been launching rocket/mortars into Israel for months now (nothing crazy.... just about 3 or so a day)...... it didnt just start recently. Israel simply never responded properly. But since the beggining of July it has become too much to bear (80 rockets a day is not a joke)... So Israel started to respond.

Anyway why so pent up? Maybe you should sit in an armchair and have a bit relax time

Yes, fair enough mate... Sorry for being aggressive...

Maybe i spent too long in Gaza and Israel hahhahaha!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
Well let''s just do the ATS thing and boil down the numbers before calling foul.

Palestine casualties 140+
Israeli casualties -0-maybe one.

Don`t take us as fools.

sounds like israel is winning.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I can agree with you that the Palestinian people are served a crap sandwich daily by the Israeli Government via IDF and it's terrible policies. There are good and peaceful people there but many are influenced and subjegated by Hamas and other extremist influences as well.

When the wall and fences went up and the IDF started doing checkpoints and make there presence known the suicide bombings stopped dead in there tracks though. Now it's a war for the hearts and minds of the youth there and the youth are stuck between Hamas and Israel's IDF. Families are turned upside down for the pursuit of Hamas and other terrorist threats. If the Palestinian Authority really had any clout there they would have Hamas removed but then that will never happen. Hence why Israel behaves like it does. It's a terrible circle jerk of violence.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

All this proves is that Israel is good at protecting its citizens, while Hamas intentionally draws Israel fire to areas with their civilians, encouraging them to be human shields and sacrificed for propaganda purposes...

All your source proves is that it is Bias, especially when it acknowledges that it is affiliated with another website who's owner was a foreign policy adviser to Benjamin Netanyahu at one point and an IDF captain. I may as well watch CNN and believe everything they say.

So you deny that Hamas said this? there are many other sources if you care to look. I spoon fed someone else that info in another thread, but getting tired of that. In this day and age of information, the only excuse for not being able to confirm or deny what I said is laziness or denial because it doesn't suit your bias...

edit on 13-7-2014 by CommandoJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So you deny that Hamas said this? there are many other sources if you care to look. I spoon fed someone else that info in another thread, but getting tired of that. In this day and age of information, the only excuse for not being able to confirm or deny what I said is laziness or denial because it doesn't suit your bias...

I'm not saying they didn't say it, I just find that source a bit bias with it's background, the same as I find numerous other sources.. Do you actually take the Hamas threat to Dimona seriously? They can barely hit a target with 1000's of rockets, how the hell are they going to hit Dimona with a strike rate like that?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

I'm not saying they didn't say it, I just find that source a bit bias with it's background, the same as I find numerous other sources.. Do you actually take the Hamas threat to Dimona seriously? They can barely hit a target with 1000's of rockets, how the hell are they going to hit Dimona with a strike rate like that?

How about the actual video where it was said?

I take all incoming missiles seriously. I bet if you heard them exploding 50-100 feet above your home you would too...The do occasionally get lucky and when they do people can die.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
To come on here testing the water as to how people feel about the situation, and not expecting a negative response is (imo) fallacy.

I love Israel, I love Palestinians. I harbor no hatred against any one entities civilian folk.
But I will tell you right now that you reap what you sew. Don`t ask me for sympathy or understanding when you hold the greater weapon.

Good luck with your policies. That path will only cause you generations of grief..

edit on 14-7-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

No, no one does think that because that isn't really the same thing....

You'd have to remember Canada is quite a bit bigger than the US by land mass, and Mexico is about 3/4 the size of the US.

It'd be more like Idaho, launching missiles at the rest of the states... That's a better comparison.

Or Vancouver island (the size of Japan) Attacking the rest of canada(about 1000 times bigger).
edit on 13-7-2014 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2014 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

Or Vancouver island (the size of Japan) Attacking the rest of canada(about 1000 times bigger).

That will happen. I live on VI and we here are only biding our time 'for ye all meet your demise..
(yes the pamphlet instructs us to talk to those we oppose in Pirate)

edit on 14-7-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Don't worry chap, those of us up here in the high peaks of the British Columbia, will still enjoy our spot of tea when what ever water balloons, and hockey pucks you send our way hit the vast uninhabited landscape that is this great province.

Then once the sticky bombardment is complete, we will lead the charge on our "fast Ferries" and take pictures of the local landscape, fail at surfing, complain about the service and order food we could eat on the mainland.

Of course we will remember our manners, and be extremely polite which is both canadian, and British Columbian fashion.

Yes, it tells us to speak to you in a rude british accent in our pamphlets.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Wrong.
Here's why.

Israel doesnt recognize Palestinian sovereignty. So if you tried to compare that situation to the US it would be like a local militia or state govt attacking the country. If that happened there would be police action. No military. The police would hunt down the perpetrators.

Israel is bombing civilians and killing them for the actions of a few (who havent actually killed anyone - though they wouldnt care if they had).

So either Gaza is one with Israel and they should send in police and apprehend perls while protecting the innocent civilians OR they admit Gaza is independent and reserve the right to military strikes.

They arent doing that though. They arent building shelters for innocent civilians in Gaza though they are.hitting them with real.weaponry and killing them (a dozen children already in this operation).

Israel is having their cake and eating it too.
They should admit Gaza is independent, but that is the LAST thing Israel wants because they dont want the people in their 2+ million person prison to have support and the recognition of other countries because that would lead to freedoms Israel doesnt want them to have.

Israel is and has always been wrong in these "over reactions."

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

When was the last time you saw pictures of Israeli kids with their heads blown out? Men, women, old folks crushed under rubble on a daily basis? Abused at checkpoints, children arrested and abused regularly year on year?

You don't, it's always the Palestinians.

If the Israeli regime acted responsibly and showed some scrap of humanity I would listen to their argument.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

This whole nonsensical parade of madness was the/is the aftermath of a retaliation justified by the death/murder of three Jewish civilians right?

So... the all but annexing of what is left of Palestine is due to murder, I've heard of no law case or investigation through MSM about what the Israeli government found in terms of evidence...

I guess what I'm trying to say here is this case should have had nothing to do with the collective Palestinian people (if it was a Palestinian who committed the murders) it should have been the case of finding what individuals committed murder and bring them to justice. Instead the IDF was tasked with using tactics that would have made Gestapo proud and raided across boarder and used intimidation violence etc in the search of Israeli citizens. The blame was placed before a murder investigation could begin! To Israel it wasn't murder but terrorism, To Israel it seems those three lads who lost their lives was just an excuse.

And your saying the US would react the same...

Sooo for the sake of arguement, if a Canadian took three US hostages killed them and dumped the bodies for the CIA to find.

Do you believe that US authorities would hop the border and start an illegal investigation/mass raid upon Canadian soil to find it's citizens?

Do you believe Canada should sit down and STFU while this hypothetical invasion of US authorities run a mock with Canadian sovereignty, forcing itself upon Canada without a shred of evidence?

Then lets say out of desperation Canadians started launching inaccurate and highly ineffective home made rockets against US soil... With a success rate of probably worse than 1 death in every 2000 rockets launched. Would you say that the US would have every right to launch a full scale aerial bombardment in retaliation?

Wheat and chaf... lol, didn't even see the field from all the smoke. I wonder if those three kids will be martyrs if this escalates, will they even be remembered???

The current Israeli offensive is due to an increase in rockets from Gaza fired indiscriminately on Israeli civilian areas resulting in half of Israel's citizens living in bomb shelters not just the murder of Israeli teens by Hamas.

All of these posters are silent when Hamas bombs Israel not suddenly care when Israel retaliates. For this reason your view point can't be described as "honest".

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Wrong.
Here's why.

Israel doesnt recognize Palestinian sovereignty. So if you tried to compare that situation to the US it would be like a local militia or state govt attacking the country. If that happened there would be police action. No military. The police would hunt down the perpetrators.

Israel is bombing civilians and killing them for the actions of a few (who havent actually killed anyone - though they wouldnt care if they had).

So either Gaza is one with Israel and they should send in police and apprehend perls while protecting the innocent civilians OR they admit Gaza is independent and reserve the right to military strikes.

They arent doing that though. They arent building shelters for innocent civilians in Gaza though they are.hitting them with real.weaponry and killing them (a dozen children already in this operation).

Israel is having their cake and eating it too.
They should admit Gaza is independent, but that is the LAST thing Israel wants because they dont want the people in their 2+ million person prison to have support and the recognition of other countries because that would lead to freedoms Israel doesnt want them to have.

Israel is and has always been wrong in these "over reactions."

That's untrue. Israel has negotiated recognition with the Palestinian Authority. It is Hamas that doesn't recognise Israel. Israel is the first power to give Palestinians some form of sovereignty something neither Britain nor the Turks did in the last 400 years of occupation.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The current Israeli offensive is due to an increase in rockets from Gaza fired indiscriminately on Israeli civilian areas resulting in half of Israel's citizens living in bomb shelters not just the murder of Israeli teens by Hamas.

All of these posters are silent when Hamas bombs Israel not suddenly care when Israel retaliates. For this reason your view point can't be described as "honest".
a reply to: Anglojew

For no reason at all could you describe my view point as dishonest either for you don't know how I've perceived things nor have evidence to the contrary, what came first? The cross border raids or the increased rockets?

Look buddy I am straight down the middle with this conflict and always have been, I try to see both side's arguements and excuses and judge whether any reason exists. Like the walls and check points, many say they are wrong and inhumane but do we see many Coffee shops and restaurants being blew up indiscriminately by Hamas or any other groups foot soldiers?

I won't say the walls are justified but they do have a cause and reason... also proven to be effective.

So again sir what came first the raids looking for Israeli civilians or the recent organised attempted bombing of Israel?

Because to me it seems like one side retaliated upon the other's accusation of kidnap and escalation of the situation in general...

Israel charges 3 suspects in Palestinian revenge killing

This murder didn't help either.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Anglojew

That's not true. The 1947 creation of Israel out if the British mandate expressly provided for the existence of a Arab state as well as the Jewish one. Then Israel spent the next half a century stealing that land too.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flint2011

If Israel wanted to invade and destroy Palestine it could have done so a long time ago.

It did invade and destroy Palestine a long time ago.
Gaza and the West Bank can hardly be called Palestine.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

No they wouldn't.

Look at your border and the cartels.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

Israel should be more responsible. Not use the numbers of other wars to justify murder.
You're right it's not fair...The Palestinians are way outgunned...I propose that Israel use the same type of rockets and missiles the Palestinians us and randomly shoot them into Gaza as the Palestinians do to Israel...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join