It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity & Hobby Lobby

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you.

But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”
www.biblegateway.com...

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
Numbers 31:17

This sentiment is repeated numerous times in the Bible. This edict includes pregnant women. Perhaps you don't consider killing pregnant women abortion?

The same goes for every scripture that tells towns people to stone star crossed teenage lovers for fornication. Did anyone stop to think that a young woman who wasn't a virgin may be pregnant? Was there any of God's law that required a baby to born before stoning a non-virgin? I didn't think so.

Hosea 13:16New Living Translation (NLT)

16 The people of Samaria
must bear the consequences of their guilt
because they rebelled against their God.
They will be killed by an invading army,
their little ones dashed to death against the ground,
their pregnant women ripped open by swords

Would Jesus advocate for birth control? You betchya!

Matthew 24:19
But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!

Matthew 26:24
The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born."

edit on 13-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

very creative imagination.

now here is the bible passage from the bible in 1899.

19 And he shall adjure her, and shall say: If another man hath not slept with thee, and if thou be not defiled by forsaking thy husband's bed, these most bitter waters, on which I have heaped curses, shall not hurt thee.

20 But if thou hast gone aside from thy husband, and art defiled, and hast lain with another man:

21 These curses shall light upon thee: The Lord make thee a curse, and an example for all among his people: may he make thy thigh to rot, and may thy belly swell and burst asunder.

22 Let the cursed waters enter into thy belly, and may thy womb swell and thy thigh rot. And the woman shall answer, Amen, amen.

is not talking about abortion, it is talking about adultery.

very creative imagination. useless but creative.
this is why the founding fathers did not want women to vote.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

now here is the bible passage from the bible in 1899.

What? LOL Did they still believe in "magic" water in 1899? The scripture supposedly comes from 1500 BC. And yes, they're talking about abortion, which was legal and common back then. You won't find one scripture forbidding it!

The Biblical God is NOT pro-life! LOL

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Why is there no Planned Parenthood within 200 miles of you?

I know you didn't ask me, but I live in a small town that is over 100 miles to the nearest Planned Parenthood.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

you are certainly twisting reality as you think it was a couple of
thousand years ago to fit your god-complex ideas of today.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

you are certainly twisting reality as you think it was a couple of
thousand years ago to fit your god-complex ideas of today.

No. That's what the far Christian right is doing. Trying to claim that God is against abortion is ludicrous.

edit on 13-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

i gave you another needed star for that information.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Why is there no Planned Parenthood within 200 miles of you?

I know you didn't ask me, but I live in a small town that is over 100 miles to the nearest Planned Parenthood.

No prob, I consider these open forums.

But, why is the only Planned Parenthood 100 miles from you?

I live in both SW Arizona and So California. In AZ, the Right has tried to close Planned Parenthood claiming they are abortionist. They have publicly boycotted them and through legislation pulled funding. There was talk of closing, I don't know if that happened. If it did, the nearest would be a 3 hour drive.

In So California there is a variety of choices women can go to. This is as it should be.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I used to live in in far Northern California, if you have ever driven to Eureka, you know there is about a 3 hour drive of total desolation. So, being that far from one in rural Northern California isn't all that uncommon. Especially, if you live in any other counties north of Sacramento.

I currently live in the middle of nowhere Montana. Take a look at Montana on Google earth, you will see that their are plenty of small towns with nothing else for hundreds of miles.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

I used to live in in far Northern California, if you have ever driven to Eureka, you know there is about a 3 hour drive of total desolation. So, being that far from one in rural Northern California isn't all that uncommon. Especially, if you live in any other counties north of Sacramento.

I currently live in the middle of nowhere Montana. Take a look at Montana on Google earth, you will see that their are plenty of small towns with nothing else for hundreds of miles.

I understand that. Where I am in AZ is 3 miles to any major city.

But, that's a living choice. You are far from other things as well. Need and demand.

However, if funding wasn't cut to all things "Women's Health" (bottom of the barrel of importance) --- satellite offices don't require much.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

If an employer chose not to offer it, and women chose not to work there, then... that is their choice. The mandates in the entire mess of this health care plan are only going to ruin our economy and force companies out of business.

Yea because that's how real life works. People can't just pick and choose their jobs so casually, especially women. Women won't chose to not work at a company because they don't offer a full health care plan, they'll bear with it because employment isn't something so easily found for normal people.
Also all the myths about the Affordable Care Act: death panels, that insurance prices will go up, that young people won't sign up for it, or as you put it that it will ruin the economy. All that vitriol is wrong, and the longer the Affordable Care Act is in play the longer the list of ridiculous claims will get.

Every other advanced nation on the planet has a health care system of some sort. The US being the only one without one until now. Well did the economy of all those nations collapse? And if you're gonna bring up the 2008 world economic collapse to which the US is responsible. Canada did not fall into recession and they have health care for everyone and high taxes(depends on the province). Then again that had more to do with the Canadian banking system.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
And the Boss at Hobby Lobby wants to put the study of the bible in public schools. He is a dangerous man.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

But, why is the only Planned Parenthood 100 miles from you?

Because there isn't one here. They are in other areas of the state, but we are a small town and there never has been one here. If a woman wants an abortion, she has to go to the hospital.

In So California there is a variety of choices women can go to. This is as it should be.

Agreed. It SHOULD be that way.

What the Hobby Lobby Decision Means for state politicians and Planned Parenthood

"Today's decision is further proof that Obamacare represents one of the greatest governmental overreaches in our nation's history.” Governor Perry said. “Religious freedom is an intrinsic part of being American, and the supreme court's decision reaffirms that the government cannot mandate that anyone operate in a fashion counter to their most deeply-felt principles."

Here's what I want to know. Why is a religious belief more important than my "most deeply-felt principles"? Why can the government mandate that I can operate in a fashion counter to them and Christians don't have to? Why can Christians pick and choose which laws they follow, and I cannot do the same?

I have always been a strong supporter of religious freedom, but if this HL Decision is what religious freedom means, it's seems those who have been whining and crying about others trying to gain "special rights" have finally gotten them for themselves, and I can't say I support that.

So, if this is "religious freedom" in this country today, I"m against it.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

how often do you think you will need the pills?

maybe you should pick up a couple years worth, next time your're in a big city?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

how often do you think you will need the pills?

maybe you should pick up a couple years worth, next time your're in a big city?

My concern is for the current generation of young women.

You a guy? Yeah! Your only thought is sex.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

the religious freedom is in the fact that the HL does not want
to be forced to purchase products that abort a fertilized egg.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

ever heard of the us post office or ups?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

the religious freedom is in the fact that the HL does not want
to be forced to purchase products that abort a fertilized egg.

I know. And why don't I have the same freedom? I do not want to be forced to "purchase" the death of soldiers and innocent people worldwide. Why must I pay for that? Why do Christians get an exemption from the law when I cannot?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Oh, SNAP!

Exactly, BH. I don't want to support the American globocop terrorist-farming either. OR corrupt bankers and the profit margins and off-shore hoards of the super-rich.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

ever heard of the us post office or ups?

LOL Yeah right! Might as well do it yourself!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join