It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ilkley Moor Alien Photo – Was it a Fake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The story that the insurance man claimed it was him on a bike with a briefcase is interesting. I took a biker and played with the picture, should have used a distance one this is to close, but the angle a rider leans on a bike going down hill is consistent with the object.

It also could be he was heading uphill.
Important to remember things are not usually what they seem in a really bad photo.

edit on 13-7-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
looks like a little dark skinned boy in a very blurry and pixelated image..

nothing indicate it is something beyond normalcy

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Honestly, this looks like the creature from the movie E.T. and unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, it seems to be smiling!
Sorry.. But I have to go with hoax.
edit on 14-7-2014 by Beowolfs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The thing that's throwing everybody off is that it has a (very) roughly humanoid form, although it looks more like the Elephant Man than either a well-formed alien or a human being. To me, it appears to be a construction of sticks propped up to resemble a little green man -- "head" and "left arm" all one piece, and several other pieces leaning against each other to provide a bit of stability. There is the suggestion that there may be other pieces partially hidden by the bush on the left.

It also occurs to me that it could be a calf or a shorn sheep (the "eyes" being the ears of the animal), as that area is known to be grazing land.

It would be nice to get a decent, high-definition scan of the original image. But as my mother used to say, "People in hell want ice water, too."

edit on 14-7-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The short stubby legs , the elongated arm , torso is non-uniform. Looks like a poorly constructed make shift dummy to look like little green men. And why are peole just taking the photographers word for it ? Poor light conditions taken in the dark. Odds are it is a Hoax.

Of course I could be wrong after all people seem to hold bipedal life forms to human like specifications. Say ET in said photo is just that and they jusy evolved to have really long arms and stubby legs. Its plausible, I take it with a grain of salt. If this is the best photo of ET the UK has to offer I am dissapoint.

The head look like the alien from the Dr Reed alien he shot and put in his freezer "a hoax"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe we are being visited, actually I know we are but The court is out on this one.

edit on 14-7-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Always had a soft spot for this particular case. I personally think its most likely genuine... but ultimately we cant say yea or nay really.

The one thing that has always gotten me though is the interesting fact the aliens in this encounter are oddly similar to the ones from the Hopkinsvile encounter from nearly 30 years earlier. Or at the very least they share a familiar shape, and its a form that doesnt show up all that much in UFO encounters. I always hope that should their really be aliens out their visiting us, its really is this lot... they seem 'nice' i guess you could say or at the least benigne, compared to the standard 'grey' type people profess to encounter.

Places like the English Moors are strange locations, theres just something about them that makes a human unnerved, as if deep down you know theres something not right with the place.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Recent article with further info and hypnosis transcript:

THE 1987 ILKLEY MOOR ALIEN PHOTOGRAPH

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I have placed this back into the "grey basket" with a low probability of anything ever coming of it.

Good to see that other people use ATS as a resource though with a link to this thread given.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is a great channel for general spooky stories but found this recount of the Ikley Moor Alien well told.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Curious if anyone has ever sharpened the blurry text in this article below, in order to read it? If you squint, some of it is readable.

I tried to sharpen, unblur, no avail……even inverting

The “alien” in the picture is perhaps more defined in its outline…..then other pictures and picture enhancements I’ve seen so far.

It may be interesting reading.

If there is a clearer read of it…..kindly post.

edit on 20-9-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'd like to know where the precedence or the foundation comes from for this to be considered an outerspace ET? I've never seen physical evidence of ET on Earth in 7+ decades to give this incident even a bit of seriousness.

We have a story and a grainy photo. Those need to stand on their own of alien involvement regardless of anyones personal feeling. The photo is just visual evidence, but in the least needs to show something incredible to further take this seriously. The photograph is up for interpretation and shows nothing extraordinary so it does not support his story.

People lie and fabricate for one reason or another, that's a fact.  This case does nothing but point to fabrication unless he can provide physical evidence otherwise.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

I'd like to know where the precedence or the foundation comes from for this to be considered an outerspace ET? ...

It's all anecdotal beyond the photo itself. The witness was allegedly a former policeman under the pseudonym Philip Spencer. He supposedly saw a UFO and an alien. He later claimed he was even taken aboard this UFO! Even though, he never snapped a photo of the UFO itself he did get a phot of the alien. Obviously, from some distance away too. Now if the alien was still on the moors then where was the UFO and why didn't he take a picture of it?

I think once the photo was developed, showing something strange looking, that a story was span around it.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Yes it's all anecdotal beyond the photo, however the photo puts it above the thousands of reports that are just anecdotal.

There are similarities in this case with many other reports, being shown the apocalyptic film, being given a message not to be revealed to anyone else, the description of the entity. Ok some comes from hypnotic regression - which is fallible but in so many cases is simply completely disregarded, which I cannot reconcile given that often it describes the "non UFO" events as they happened (which often can be cross referenced and proven to have occurred) yet as it is fallible the "UFO" events described in the same session are disregarded.

Yes its possible a story was made up around a photo but, given the sheer number of similar reports, I think you also need to ask what if this happened as described - are there then any holes in the account. If he did happen to stumble into this in these circumstances what else could he have done - does the regression back up the original account ?

I'm not aware of any occasions where a hypnotic regression in a "UFO" case resulted in a description of how the person hoaxed it nor whether it is possible for someone to train their mind to continue to elaborate a fictional account whilst truly under hypnosis - maybe others are ?

I can't find any reference as to whether he immediately took the film to be developed knowing what should be on it, or waited until the roll was finished, the answer maybe going some way as to whether a story was built on the photo or vice versa.

Either way unless additional irrefutable evidence comes to light it isn't going to be proven one way or another so should remain as potential evidence of a non-human entity, however unlikely.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Adding this other purported Ilkley Moor “alien(s)”….

Can’t find a date for when the picture was taken or verify if it’s actually in the Ilkley Moor or anyother info such as debunking it….enlighten me if it has.

Nevertheless…..

….”New Alien Beings Reported at Ilkley Moor, West Yorkshire
New Ilkley Moor Aliens Sighting surfaced recently that reportedly shows two aliens hiding among the rocks on Ilkley Moor. Ilkley Moor is part of Rombalds Moor, the moorland between Ilkley and Keighley in West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom. The area is known for strange paranormal activity including a famous encounter in 1987.”…..

Here’s a vid….posted 10 years ago

If you dismiss the ufo part of the 1987 story…….perhaps you end up with a Moor that has earthbound Cryptids and not so much extraterrestrial Aliens with UFO’s.

Every day, new species of something is being discovered…..with untold amounts in the shadows yet not discovered.

edit on 24-9-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
These low-resolution photos really don't get more detailed when you blow them up. It actually just introduces more processing artifacts.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Can’t find a date for when the picture was taken...

Allegedly, December 1st 1987 [see back on page 1]. Doesn't mean it was taken that day though.

...or verify if it’s actually in the Ilkley Moor....

It's definitely a spot on Ilkley Moor. Another researcher had his own photo taken in the exact same location to compare notes.

If you dismiss the ufo part of the 1987 story…….perhaps you end up with a Moor that has earthbound Cryptids

Maybe for the werewolves. Which are reserved especially for tourists from across t'pond. As they say in Yorkshire.

I don't think it's worth the effort to investigate this one any further. It's more likely a hiker with backpack, carrying something in their right hand singing "On Ilkley Moor Bah Tat" than an alien.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There are few people that i hold in high regard, well opinion and stance based. Miragemen is on that small list.

He is accurate while something weird might have transpired. Ive seen this photo posted many times over the years and i thinkning its just flat

Pareidolia

we are trying hard to see something we will jump to any conclussion just for an explanation

edit below

I also think its far always to common that these aliens are so coviently influeced to current era.

Why do they protray things we feel weve seen before, its a double edged sword, if aliens or other worldy being ars there. We should not be so arrogant to say yes it Humans, greays,nords,reps, etc....

You see where im goin with this, there should be many different syles not the so convient ones we always conviently explain away at.

Why does the picture looks like a preying mantis stye mixture of alien and predator.

I feel like the few accounts that have transpired have been snowballed by so much drizzle we will never know what, who, why, how it will continue the next couple hundred years till we we get starfleet military going James T Kirk.

edit on 24-9-2021 by ContractedMercenary because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2021 by ContractedMercenary because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Can’t find a date for when the picture was taken...

Allegedly, December 1st 1987 [see back on page 1]. Doesn't mean it was taken that day though.

...or verify if it’s actually in the Ilkley Moor....

It's definitely a spot on Ilkley Moor. Another researcher had his own photo taken in the exact same location to compare notes.

MM, I guess I wasn’t clear enough….I meant I could not find the date and area (if it’s falsely not Ilkley) of the alien brothers picture (below) which presumably came after 1987.

But your right, why beat what appears to be a dead horse…….

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Having looked at this photo many times over the years, and blow-ups of the figure showing it somewhat more clearly, I truly believe it is just a man. You can see him looking to our left, 2 eyes, a nose, a mouth, perhaps a small beard / goatee, and ear. Some of the clearer blowups show what looks to be 2 shiny buttons on the front of his anorak, and he appears to have average length arms, one carrying something. And his short stature may be explained by him sitting on a bike, even looks like he has a handkerchief sticking out of a pocket on his upper left jacket. And does he have a tie on?
Sorry, I just don't see an alien!

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
REPLY TO OPHLUCUS1:

Here is the site with the newspaper article which you can zoom in on:

www.beamsinvestigations.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join