It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is hating summer with a passion normal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Am i the only one who hates the summer/ heat

So the papers read how the UK will `bask in glorious sunshine hotter than the med` this week, blah blah

www.mirror.co.uk...

I just do not understand how people enjoy the sweltering heat, humid hot stuffy nights where it is hard to fall asleep (take a shower and 5 min later you are dripping with sweat), turn a fan on and 20 min later it is circulating warm air.

To me summer means hayfever, itchy eyes, sneezing, feeling constantly tired and sluggish, sweaty.

Socially it means drunk people out sinking and drinking at 9/10pm on the streets, the sun blazing through the curtains at 4am i just hate it

When it is cold, you can simply get a blanket or a hot water bottle,
but how the hell do you counter searing heat.

Please do not respond with `you should see my city blah blah blah you call your weather summer`.. because this is not about who is hotter, it is about why do people enjoy horrible sweltering hot humid stuffy weather.. it is the most uncomfortable experience ever,

i cant stand it, when october hits and its already dark at 7.30 pm i breath a sigh of relief that the winter is approaching, i simply cant stand the summer, i hate the summer with such a passion

Nothing nicer than a cold rainy/ snowy day, no drunks waddling down the road, no sun blazing through the window 4am, if its cold big deal get a sweater on or put heating on.

My how i miss the winter

Anybody else feels this way

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: uninfluenced

To me summer means pools, women in bikinis, BBQ, boating, watermelon,fishing(or rather watching others fish because I'm too impatient) and lazy hammocks under giant oak trees with a warm breeze.

Maybe you should just try different things.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Is it just me or do you hate everything?

I prefer the spring and fall myself but summer > winter. Winter is paying a fortune for heat, shoveling snow, salting the walkway, idiots who can't drive causing accidents, dogs who don't want to go out, freezing pipes, bare trees, no birds, short days, loud snow plows pushing snow into dirty drifts, ice storms, etc etc.

Not to mention that some people suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder.
edit on 2014-7-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Youd hate it here .. average temp is 30-32c year round ..
Will take hot weather any day as I hate shovelling snow .. not to mention cold weather makes old injuries from my days with s.o.g in vietnam back in the 60's act up ..
And no I dont run aircon as not acclimatized to it have spent most of my life either outdoors or in places that didnt have such luxuries ..

Its all a matter of what your used to .. theres many who dont like / cant handle hot weather .. to each their own lah ..
edit on 12/7/14 by Expat888 because: typo .. need more beer ..

edit on 12/7/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Is hating summer with a passion normal?

It's not normal to hate something with passion which existed since forever especially if it's a normal season change.
I think something psychologically is happening with you.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Umm..
This is the first time I have ever heard someone from the UK begging for more rain or snow.

Try these things.
1. If permitted. Get an air conditioner to cool down and dry the air inside.
2. Get an Allergy shot from your doctor. These shots last a good 8 month to a year. With no drowsy side affects.

As far as the drunks go... don't know what to say other than call the police, or get a good hose to deter them and keep cool at the same time.

Hang in there. I feel your pain.
I live in a hot and humid area myself. I keep threatening to move to the beach or further north.
The Fall will come soon enough.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Not to me. I live for summer. I live on the coast and love the beach. I love gardening. I love hiking in the woods and having barbeques and picnics.
Swimming in the salty surf. Making sand castles and I'm 57 years old and STILL love building sand castles. And at my age I make some pretty awesome sand castles.
Ah Summertime. I just said something the other day standing at the shore with a salty breeze blowing my hair around,while I watched a gull dive and swoop that this is one of the best parts of life and how grateful I was at that moment to be alive and where I was. Simple pleasures.
Oh snd ripe tomatoes too. I forgot to mention them. MmmmmmMmmmmm vine ripened tomatoes with a little sprinkle of salt. How can you not love summer.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I can't relate to hating a season except I'm not find of autumn. Hate being cold.

The only thing I can say without using my city, is it bothers you because you're not climatised to it in the UK. So you don't have an AC to cool down. Water parks galore, lakes, rivers, etc.

It's 26c here right now and going up to 39 over the weekend. I have my central AC on , as well as some fans going. I'm feeling a bit chilly!!

It really is a case of you not being used to it. If you're elderly or a female going through menopause, it feels worse. Can be deadly.
Do you feel like you can't breathe?

Personally, I love the sun, and not because I have an AC. Only got that after I developed a health condition where I truly needed it.

I've always loved it. Love to splash in water . Love , love, love summer!!!
Humidity isn't pleasant. It can be scorching hot without the humidity and feels rather nice.

I didn't check the link to see what these temps are coming your way. Will it be like Bangladesh ?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

To me summer means pools, women in bikinis, BBQ, boating, watermelon,fishing(or rather watching others fish because I'm too impatient) and lazy hammocks under giant oak trees with a warm breeze.

Maybe you should just try different things.

Sounds like a country song

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I too hate summer. Granted, I live in Northern California where winters are mild, but I can't stand the summer. The sun not setting until 8:30, few if any clouds, having to wear shorts and sandals to "beat the heat". Constant sunshine, which just drains the energy out of me.

Cloudy days make me feel "safe". Rain and wind and cold invigorates me and gives me energy. I love wearing jackets and jeans and boots. I love coming home from work at 5 and having it dark by 6. Guess I should move to Seattle.

OP, you are not the only one who hates summer and doesn't understand how people can enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Personally, I love summer! But then, I live in San Francisco where it's 65 degrees outside right now.
I moved here some years ago from "Hot-lanta" so I get the hot, humid, fry the back of your legs on the car seat feeling. Here's a little Bananarama to commiserate with your plight.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm lucky. I live in the south (Virginia) . Our winters are mild . Our summer's are hot and humid but in this climate everyone has air conditioning. I know it's not a big thing in England. I moved here from the north east to escape the harsh winters. We still have season changes here and trees change color and loose their leaves but there are many types of evergreens including camelias that bloom in February so there's always something growing out in my yard. We get snow on occasion and its usually an evening news making event. The schools will close if two inches fall. We lack the snow removal equipment they keep up north. reply to: theantediluvian

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Im with you, I love sunshine, i do not like sweating just walking to the shop. I hate being too hot at night after a hot day and rolling around unable to sleep.

(Also i really hate the hey fever, i show up to work and i look like ive been smokng wacky backy all morning, its not just the itching!)

Give me sunny autumn days, every day and that would be puuuurfect.

edit on b5656113 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If there were no weather changes how would we start coversations?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I live in the Northwest (Seattle); and if the temp gets above 75; I get very uncomfortable; it is just my natural DNA. This week here it is going to be in the 90"s...and I am not looking forward to that at all!

I like the beauty of summer; but not the high temps; I do better in the fall, winter and spring. I am very fair skinned; I don't tan...just burn and peel. During the summer I will run across many people who cannot seem to understand why I don't just love, love, love the very hot weather; and they think its awful that I don't tan...and I tell them...look I was born with fair skin...deal with it!

So...yeah...I am not a fan of really hot weather.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I was in your situation, OP. The only cure for this was to either rent or invest in an air conditioner and as I regulate the ambient temperature inside, my complaints dissipated and my negativity changed to a much more positive outlook. C'mon man, if it's that bad for you year after year, then spend the sum of 25 dollars per month or however much it costs over there to get comfortable. No need to bask in misery when there are things that can be done to mitigate it.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
rWe'd have to resort to talking about religion and politics. Oh no Mr. BILL.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
Im sitting here in four degree weather Im with you give me Bangkok or Singapore any day I love the tropics

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I usually love it, and loathe the long Scottish winters. However this year I am on medication that makes me super sensitive to UV light and heat. I glow bright red and my ears burn for hours after minimal exposure. The drive home from work is enough to transform me into a red hot angry mess until well into the evening. Suncream just stops permanent damage from it not the reaction. Im on this stuff for at least 4 months, perhaps 6.
Right now I'd love the dark cold nights, so I could sit in and hide away with a book or watching things on the net.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You don't t really believe they think it's awful you don't tan? I think most people these days would understand how this all works. Even people who tan get sunburned and peel if they over do it. I tan easily but I don't set out to get a tan as it causes wrinkles. My friends certainly don't hold that against me. I've always avoided getting baked and at 57 my skin is still smooth. Now some of my Sun worshipping friends may hold that against me LOL. n reply to: caladonea

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join