It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A closer look at the IMAX Bigfoot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Morning ATS. Here's my next addition to the Bigfoot saga where thinker thunker dives into IMAX's HD capture of something big chasing down caribou. I believe this footage first appeared a couple of years ago and the general consensus among skeptics was this was a crew member with a back pack. I encourage you to look again. It really looks more like a baby BF hopping up on mom's back while she makes her move to grab some breakfast.

Have at it

Original

Analysis

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Do black bears live there?.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I loved that narrator's analysis.

S&F

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Whatever it is...seems to float while running..

Seems to move like CGI.
Why are the caribou running towards it?
If it were a black bear...I've never seen a bear of any kind move in such a manner.

Edit: but I have never seen a Bigfoot...so I can not give expert opinions on how a Bigfoot would move.

I read the YT comments. It seems unanimous that is not a crew member dressed in all black with a black hood mask. ( and still moves in a manner that I have never seen a human do as of yet ).
I also can't find anything just yet in regards to it being a hoax.

I put it up on the 70 inch TV. Still looks like a CGI but deformed.

I honestly don't know what to make of it. Good find.
edit on 12-7-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

I'm not Moersby...he/she was a member before me...so to be fare. That avatar is rightfully Moresby.
But ATS format will not let me change it. Sorry if I confused anyone.
edit on 12-7-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Do black bears live there?.

Do Bigfoots or mysterious primates?

Bigfoot is real... lots and lots of evidence and even proof has gone largely ignored.

Shame.

To FlySolo:

Thanks for the increase in bigfoot threads. It is much needed on ATS.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
OMG ! Who did the subtitles ? SOO FUNNY

As for the video. Coming to the conclusion that it's bigfoot is a real stretch IMO. I say bear.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
According to this Bigfoot website it's a caribou.

Some of the other websites reporting this story are not offering the link to see the complete documentary footage at Hulu.com. If you view it for your self you can see the shape looks the same as the dark shapes of the caribou in the foreground. You can also see it moving in the same galloping rhythm as the surrounding caribou. In fact, after the 9 minute and 20 second mark, (at about 9:22) it turns 90° to its left to go up the hill with the rest of the herd. At that point you can actually make out the caribou head and horns.
www.bigfootlunchclub.com...

edit on 12-7-2014 by gortex because: Add pic

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Never seen a bear move that fast on two legs.

2nd

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
idk to me it looks like a shadow..it moves at the exact same speed as the caribou...when he is going back and forth its the same speed....i mean there are no other shadows there which seems really odd but im just throwing this out ther for debate.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Iam just asking If we can cross out If it could be one? do they live there is a perfectly fine question.
I want to believe it is but I need to know about the place and what other things it may be before jumping to the conclusion ....Yup that is bigfoot.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Definitely looks like a cameraman changing spots on the fly.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I've noticed a lot of videos lately of alleged bigfoot with babies or small "children" riding their backs. Why do you suppose so many videos have that these days?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

that makes sense with what im seeing...if you look at the shadow it moves exactly like the other caribou...same speed same style...he goes back and forth with the video many times and i kept thinking it was a shadow of one.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

There's something wrong with their time calculation then. If their time is 9:20 as it appears in their screen shot, then it's 18 sec in the OP clip. The OP clip has a duration of 35 seconds. 35-18 = 17 - 2 seconds of squatch, leaves 15 seconds of film after it ducks back down. No where in those 15 seconds do I see an elk running up from the embankment.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The Imax crew said themselves that this was someone from the staff. Why people outright deny that statement is beyond me when they are clearly the ones in the know.

I definitely, without a doubt, believe in the existence of a large primate in NA and Asia, but this is not footage of one.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience

Can you provide a link?
Thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience

Do have a link.
It was not mentioned in the YT post. Or the comment sections.
The best explanation ( not from a crew member ) was it was a camera man on a bike with a back pack.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is actually an old video and here is a link to the original thread.
Link

There is a better video somewhere and it is easier to make the person out. Also, in the full movie they show footage from that person's perspective.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Looking for it. Since this case is rather old, 2001, I have trouble finding any official statement as of now.
I can only remember that this has been said by the crew, but of course I have no means to prove that right now, so take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: anton74

I'm reading though the thread. Seeing that additional footage of the camera man's perspective would really help. However, I read this on the first page.

On the hulu link, the part in question starts right around 9:35 in. After whatever it is hides down, the herd appear to stampede right on top of it. I doubt if it was a human just because he would've been trampled to death but it's hard to say.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join