It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Reporter exposes Israel on live television.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You have to love and respect Abby Martin, she speaks the truth.

RT: Abby Martin: News Reporter exposes Israel on live television. She did what millions didn't dare to do. Much respect.

+40 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RocksFromSpace

she hasn't exposed nothing that hasn't already been said.
she just wrapped in anti israel rhetoric and hyperbole.

hamas is just shooting off bottle rockets and isreal is over reacting. please.
if hamas had better rockets and or missiles, you can bet you a@@ they would be killing iraelis.

they just aren't firing them for nothing, and if they didn't hide among innocent women children and non combatants just like all coward terrorist do, there wouldn't be any killed. the innocent blood in gaza is on their heads.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
S&F, this is why I love RT.
Here's another RT broadcast of the same issue:

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I love that woman already, she give a nice tough review of the situation and manages not to sound like she is simply opposing everything US MSN said.

Nice find.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
There has been one civilian casualty in Israel.

There have been over 100 civilian casualties in Gaza.

Gaza has a rat infestation, unfortunately those rats are affecting Israel. Instead of helping Gaza with their pest problem , Israel decides to indiscriminately gas the area to try to get rid of the rats.
edit on 1272014 by DodgyDawg because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RocksFromSpace
You have to love and respect Abby Martin, she speaks the truth.

RT: Abby Martin: News Reporter exposes Israel on live television. She did what millions didn't dare to do. Much respect.

All I have is a quote to add to this thread. Honestly, I'm a bit fed up of debating with the ATS usual suspects about the Zionists criminal ways ... But I guess until the oppression of the Palestinians stops and freed from that brutal regime the subject won't die out...

Free Palestine !

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

-George Orwell

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Much respect for the RT anchor.

Palestine!

The World is with you!

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

she just wrapped in anti israel rhetoric and hyperbole.

Yes the truth is always anti Israel rhetoric.

hamas is just shooting off bottle rockets and isreal is over reacting. please. if hamas had better rockets and or missiles, you can bet you a@@ they would be killing iraelis.

What would you do to a nation that invades peoples homes and makes mass arrests of people that have committed no crime?

they just aren't firing them for nothing, and if they didn't hide among innocent women children and non combatants just like all coward terrorist do, there wouldn't be any killed. the innocent blood in gaza is on their heads.

Israel is always crying this but hey have admitted many times that they purposely target civilians. Israel also uses human shields and targets non combatants just like cowardly terrorist. The innocent blood in Gaza is on the hands of the people that bombed them.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Here's the same news reporter interviewing Miko Peled, the son of a well-known Israeli general:

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Her main argument for why Israel's bombing of Hamas targets is wrong: "They are the democratically elected leadership of Gaza."

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but if they are in control of the government does that not mean that the attacks on isreal are in fact an act of war from Gaza itself? In that case, isn't Israel taking it easy on Gaza by not just declaring war, invading and placing a new government in it's place that isn't going to bomb them?

You can argue all you want about how horrible gaza has been treated by the Israelies, but in reality it doesn't change the current situation one bit.

I don't buy the story that the media is shoving down our throats, but there really are only 3 options for whats going on.

Option 1: Gaza can't control a group of terrorists in their country who are targeting and attacking the Israeli's.
Option 2: Gaza's elected leadership is outright attacking Israel.
Option 3: It's made up or fabricated by Israel/media.

The last one is very unlikely to be the case. If there were no rockets coming from Gaza into Israel, these anti-Israel pieces would be screaming that. Instead, they are saying look at how bad Israel is for instigating this fight and beating up on a country that cant defend itself.

So, that leaves you with 2 realistic choices. The first is that they have a major terrorist issue and the second is that they are trying to start a war.

I hate the fact that innocent people are dying because of this, but the blame should not be put solely on Israel's backs. They are not entirely to blame, they should have the right to defend themselves from foreign threats as much as anyone else.

The real problem is that everyone tries to put someone in the right and someone in the wrong. This leads to anger from the side that feels they are in the right and you disagree with. It's the same issue we have with the whole liberal/conservative argument. It creates a gap and leaves nobody in the middle as a mediator, you are either liberal or conservative to everyone else.

Further, if you choose a side and then back them, the other side will evolve to hate you even more. It's part of the reason that the middle east hates us, we've meddled in their business for far too long and at one point or another we've been on the other side from everyone.

So, what does that leave us to do? Stay out of it? Okay, but then everyone in the US is going to cry that we should be doing something. Get involved? Okay, but then someone in the future is going to have deep seeded hate for us and lead to further conflict in the future. All of the solutions only lead to more hate and distrust.

There will always be hate until the people that have a reason to hate the other side are dead or no longer have any power.

My main point is that these atrocities that you are up in arms about are minor in comparison to what Israel could be doing if they really wanted. They have a world viewpoint that everyone is out to get them because the bottom line is a lot of people hate them. Their perspective is that the only way to defend themselves from violent extremists who live next door to them is to take swift action against them when they poke their head up.

The best question to ask yourself is: What would you do in Israels shoes?

+42 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hidn60

Give the land back to the Palestinians and bow my head in shame.

soulwaxer

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
One day in the near future Israel is going to get what is coming to them. Even their holy book they says gives them rights to the land says so. The world is watching. The world is also changing. America sadly is in decline and with that decline will come many nations willing to start joining against Israel. It has already begun. Everyone in the world can see what's going on....except those who choose not to. Most of the people who choose not to STILL know that Israel is wrong but their inner bigot won't let them see the situation for what it is.

That colonial attitude. Once you decide another group of people is subhuman they deserve what ever happens to them. You can take their land, resources, disrespect their religion. When they retalliate they are savages, brutes, uncivilized, terrorists, extremists, militants, and every other word you can think of to belittle people that are really just pissed their way of life got ruined.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hidn60

I am simply glad that the United States was not the "God Given Israeli Country" where some people who lived here thousands of years ago suddenly have been handed back our land by the worlds powers who don't live there!

What would have happened if the "HolyLand" was in the middle of New York?

What would happen if the UN suddenly declares the major part of the USA must be returned to Native Americans? Now suppose those native Americans are not happy with the piece they got after a few years of growing and decide they need more room?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

The native americans would still have more claim to the land than the Israelis that came from europe have to Palestine. It's at least known as part of our morbid history that we took the land from the native americans and commited a genocide. Israel is doing the exact same thing we did. The first settlers used bibles as an excuse just like the Israelis.

A better analogy would be...what if the illegal children coming over our border right now....over the next 70 years decided to take America by force? First it was just small pieces, but after 70 years they had us all herded up in....the original 13 colonies or some other such circumstance. Would we be terrorists if we shot rockets at them? I think not. I think everyone in those colonies who had ever lost a friend or family member...had their home blown up....or been arrested for no reason would cheer us on. Some people would rather die on their feet than live on their knees. Or maybe that's only me.

ETA I'm glad someone is reporting honestly somewhere about what's going on. At least a reporter is trying to hold someones feet to the fire. More than can be said of the media in the U.S. Everyone always says just because it's RT it's russian propoganda. I've heard more honest discussion on RT than on any new outlets here. People are so used to seeing the American spin on things that when other countries remove the spin and just give you the info you take it as propaganda. Sometimes the truth is the best propoganda.
edit on 12-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've done some reading on the whle topic of Israel and 'palestinians'. What I've seen suggests a whole spaghetti of things. The groups that're fighting today have fought for probably hundreds or thousands of years. HOWEVER, to be fair, much of the turmoil in the period between 1920-1949 was from palestinian population which felt it wasn't being fairly represented, and so it revolted and the conflicts ensued until the UN asserted itself and drew hard territorial lines. The question is, were the 'palestinians' justified in starting conflicts because they felt they weren't being fairly represented?

Another questions is were the 'palestinians' the true owners of that land, or do the jewish people truly deserve to own it?

All I managed to see when I researched this back when was that it's spaghetti. I couldn't make a whole lot of sense from it.

My opinion today is whatever choices in the past have been made need to be upheld even if they weren't perfectly right. Too much time has passed to turn back on decisions already made. So my feeling is we need to support Israel while at the same time trying to negotiate with the palestinians to stop these attacks. The problem is negotiation doesn't appear to be working. If it fails to work, Israel will eventually own all of the former palestinian territory simply because they can't sit like a duck as rockets and mortar fire rain down on them from the tiny pockets of land alotted to hte palestinians. Surely stopping this is more important than those tiny pockets of land? Seriously? The land area of Gaza and the West Bank is smaller than many or most US counties. It's very small and not worth it.

I cannot blame Israel for the disproportionate responses. They're doing what any of us what be doing in their circumstances. Tehy're trying to protect their national security. Rockets and mortar fire and suicide attacks threaten national security, so doing something about it is not inappropriate. They can't simply shoot one palestinian for every israeli killed. If that methodology is followed this conflict doesn't end. It's impotent. To end it, they must literally invade these territories and police them directly, not from afar. The UN distinctions over territory are actually helping to ignite conflict because it forbids israel from being able to police effectively.
edit on 12-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

There were jews living in Palestine. Those were the true Jewish people. Just because the land was occupied by different people over the years, it was always known as Palestine. And the Palestinians have always been there. The Jews that came from europe were jews by religion only. Furthermore Palestine was occupied by Brittain. Israel is basically Rothschilds own personal country. What do they make? What do they produce? What does the rest of the world buy from israel? Elements inside the United States government and British governments created Israel. That is the only reason they have been allowed to run amock. If you test the blood of the Jews that have had family in Israel since before 1900 and test the blood of the Palestinians I think you will find that they are the same people with different religious beliefs. A lot can change in 2000 years as far as what the people in that area believe.

You can only find spaghetti for the same reasons you can't find much honest reporting on Israel. People are sued, harrassed, denied publication, discredited, terminated from employment etc etc. Don't read history from the past 100 years. Read history from 1900 all the way back to the Egyptians. That land is Palestine. Israel was destroyed like Babylon, Sumeria, The Phoenecians, Spartans, and a lot of other ancient cultures. That is why you can only find spaghetti. All that was left of them was a religion and their descendants, who are the Palestinians. Wouldn't it be ironic when judgement day came that we all found out the Palestinians were the true Jews? Afterall....the same book that proclaims Israel's right to the land says in the last days there will be those pretending to be Jews who are not. Just saying. The zionists lose this argument from every standpoint. Scriptural and Legal.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

To answer one of your questions...I know they make air filters for mowers and cars in Israel. Bought them once, took them back for some Chinese ones.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Hehe I stand corrected. I'm sure they make a lot of things in small quantities. Only thing I've ever owned that was made in Israel was a Desert Eagle...go figure.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: hidn60

I know that the two state solution is the solution and Israel sabotages it everytime. I know that what Israel is doing is wrong. They are hypocritical and terrorists. They are threat to stability in the middle east.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch
a reply to: jonnywhite

There were jews living in Palestine. Those were the true Jewish people. Just because the land was occupied by different people over the years, it was always known as Palestine. And the Palestinians have always been there. The Jews that came from europe were jews by religion only. Furthermore Palestine was occupied by Brittain. Israel is basically Rothschilds own personal country. What do they make? What do they produce? What does the rest of the world buy from israel? Elements inside the United States government and British governments created Israel. That is the only reason they have been allowed to run amock. If you test the blood of the Jews that have had family in Israel since before 1900 and test the blood of the Palestinians I think you will find that they are the same people with different religious beliefs. A lot can change in 2000 years as far as what the people in that area believe.

That's pretty much as I read it.
The Zionists even blew up the British and many other nationalities in the King David Hotel in 1946. It was in revenge, but also under a false flag as they disguised themselves as Arabs. So the intention was to consolidate the rationale for the Zionists being there, as well as the false flag of Arab insurrection. All really dirty stuff, although that is not to say that things like that did not happen before in other conflicts. The really sad thing is, innocents don't matter to terrorists cum politicians, never ever forget that....tell me about it!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join