It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing 411 - Christopher Thompkins - WOW!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Just to answer your first question, hypothetically, if someone were being abducted by a non-human intelligence, and the method was to lift the person from the ground into the air and to the ship, maybe they go feet first, for whatever physics reason we don't know, and the power that is lifting them locks onto their biological body, so the body and the clothes go, but anything not attached, say coins in the pocket, necklace, phone etc gets left behind.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Oa reply to: NoRulesAllowed

If he got hit by a car then where is the body?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Oa reply to: NoRulesAllowed

If he got hit by a car then where is the body?

Has anyone looked up a Tree..?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've read Missing 411: Western and am ordering the rest of the books next week when I get home from rafting in Colorado. The subject matter is entirely appealing and spooky to me because I spend a great deal of time in the wildernesses of Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado. I've had my fair share of odd feelings of being watched and have been confused in the mountains by vistas I wasn't familiar with and sounds that seems otherworldly.

That said, here's a few excerpts from other titles on the subject at hand:

"Presque Isle incident of 1966. During that encounter, witnesses observed a strange looking craft descend into a wooded area, lighting up the woods. Coming out of this same area witnesses observed “a dark, featureless, gorilla like humanoid about six feet tall walking toward them.” The Presque Isle incident is a particularly good one because it was well documented at the time, and witnesses have continued to talk about it. There were suspicions that a hot air balloon could account for the UFO, at least, but researchers have made a good showing that wind patterns and weather noted for that day make this explanation very unlikely. The creature, whatever it was, left foot impressions in the sand, so it appears to have been a physical thing and not a hallucination."

"A case from 1969 is even more remarkable, It describes an encounter between two boys and a huge Bigfoot-like creature. According to the tale, the creature picked the boys up and brought them inside a UFO. The boys saw the Bigfoot sit in a chair while inside the UFO, and saw a device with wires placed upon its head. "

"A case from Clearwater, Colorado in 1977 tells of a witness who observed two beings near a UFO who could apparently control a Bigfoot through the use of a black box device, which they warned the witness not to touch."

"Easter weekend 1977, Steve Bismark from Snohomish, Washington said he saw a dark-haired Bigfoot lowered from a large silver disk that was hovering over the trees near his rural home."

"May 29, 1973 Anthony Dorsey Nr Sykesville, MD made first sighting of Bigfoot with luminous eyes. This was after a UFO was seen dropping an object into a nearby reservoir. Other people reported seeing an 8-ft black-haired Bigfoot the same date."

"After returning from a long hike, the group was stunned when a nine-to-ten foot Sasquatch stepped out in front of them a short distance away. Then, in the twinkling of an eye, the Bigfoot completely disappeared in front of the witnesses! The witnesses insisted that it literally dematerialized! Mrs. Jeffrey reported that she was so awed at what she saw, that when they returned home, she did not leave the house for two weeks. The woman was in such a total state of shock that she did not return to the area for some time."

"In summer of either 2000 or 2001 John Bohannon witnessed a creature he called Bigfoot on a small ridge next to a hill located just west of the Three Rivers Campground, and lies north of Alamogordo, NM (west of Ruidoso on the west side of the mountain). During daylight hours John was traveling east on the dirt road in his truck when he glanced over to his right and noticed a tall hairy ape-like creature walking in the same direction as he was driving. It was taller than the cholla cacti nearby (estimated by John to be at least 8' tall) and it looked toward John as it kept walking. It's arms hung longer than it's knees, and had short brown hair with a reddish tinge all over it's body. The only long hair was underneath it's forearms, and the shortest hair was at it's lower back/buttocks area. With knees slightly bent, but otherwise standing upright, the long-striding creature kept walking eastward, still staring at John, for approximately 100' until it seemed to vanish into thin air. A juniper tree was near where the Bigfoot creature disappeared but the creature did not appear to walk behind it. Because of this strange aspect John thought it must've walked into an invisible wall of some kind, but was unsure of just what happened (portal or some sort of camouflage?). John's best description of the Bigfoot's face was that of a "Neanderthal" being neither quite ape, nor quite human, but like a combination of both."

"A report of a possible Bigfoot camouflage effect is based on the Horizon City Monster account by Ms. Montanez who lives in the desert east of El Paso, TX. She first spotted the Bigfoot hunched over a dead coyote by the edge of the highway out in the desert. As she drove closer the creature stood up, walked up a mesquite mound and jogged down the other side. She said his head was originally taller than the mound, and yet he kept appearing to go down and down and down (step-wise), into the ground! Although Montanez could not see the Bigfoot actually entering the ground (due to the small mound being in the way), she insisted that there had to have been a cave it entered. She left and returned the following day to find the coyote gone, any footprints swiped by the winds, and no apparent cave entrance! She then concluded that the Bigfoot must've had a trap door hidden under the dirt which he entered, although she could not find it. Realize that Ms. Montanez was attempting to rationalize what she saw to explain an unexplainable "disappearance" of Bigfoot. The biggest question is not necessarily did he go into the ground but how did he make her THINK he went into the ground if he did not? Or better yet, where did he actually go?"

"Throughout the 1970’s several credible reports came from the Palmdale-Lancaster area of the Mojave Desert. Of key interest here was the activity reported on and around Edwards Air Force Base where several military personnel reported that they had watched Sasquatches walk through the base at night through starlight scopes. This activity was “Classified” by the military, as it was on the other bases mentioned above.

The personnel who reported this did so anonymously, and further stated that these animals were not reported to the public in order to avoid embarrassment on the government’s behalf, since they could not explain what these creatures were, or how they got on the base in such a high security area; admitting this would show a lack of security. The personnel said that they were told not to fire upon the creatures, just observe.

They said the creatures walked through the area nightly, sometimes for several nights in a row, then would stop appearing. They had also been filmed by surveillance cameras, but the tapes were classified. Edwards has hundreds of miles of underground tunnel systems, and these creatures often found their way into the tunnels as well."

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
SASQUATCH
“Sasquatch” is a derivative of “Sesquac,” which means “wild man” in a British Columbian Native American language.

YETI
Stalking the high elevations of the Himalayas, the Yeti has captured the interest of the western world since climbers began tackling peaks like Everest. Local tribes consider the Yeti to be a fact of life, no more strange than the black bears of Appalachia. Reports from Western climbers are frequent throughout the last hundred years, so frequent that even Sir Edmund Hillary himself mounted an expedition in search of the massive man-ape.

ALMAS
Another variety of Bigfoot, this creature lives in the mountainous terrain on the border of Mongolia and China. It's more human-like than our Bigfoot; some scientists believe it's more of a Neanderthal than a primate.

SISIMITE
This is the ape-man of Central America. The shaggy-haired creature is said to have supernatural powers, which it uses to protect the wilderness. According to legend, the Sisimite will attack hunters in order to protect wildlife.

SKUNK APE
The Southernmost Bigfoot to occupy North America, the Skunk Ape is a resident of Florida’s extensive Everglades. Some say it is a cousin to Bigfoot, while others say it's the same species. The number of sightings of the Skunk Ape in Florida rival the number sightings of Bigfoot in the Pacific Northwest. The animal earned its name because of its unique smell.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Larry Kelm is also an interesting individual, citing multiple encounters over his lifetime.

www.sunstar-solutions.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
I don't know why so much has to be labelled "Conspiracy Theory/CT" when that is such a pejorative and tends to bias the sheeple right of the gate, why can't we use something that is more neutral, like "interesting unsolved mysteries", which is actually redundant, or we could just use the word "mystery"?

In the cases mentioned most frequently in Missing 411, the Park service keeps no record of disappearances. They rely on the memories of their employees, who are pretty frequently shuffled around every couple of years. They make no effort to record similarities between people who go missing and the circumstances prior to/just after the last sighting. Many of the people who disappear are found in places that police, rangers and SAR aren't bothering to look because there's no feasible/logical reason for the person to be there. In some cases people are found in places which have been searched many, many times before, or places where it would be almost impossible for them to get there.

And, let's not forget, the Parks and Forests have a nice little way of closing these cases. It's called "Presumed dead." When somebody is presumed dead, their names are taken off any missing person register they may have been on and placed on a record of death. So, let's say 10 years a go a 10 year old boy went missing at 10am wearing a red coat. He's never found and presumed dead. Another boy disappears, in exactly the same circumstances. Records are checked but it looks like he's just an anomaly as there's no prior record of anyone matching that description vanishing. Now expand that to include the past 100 years, and all the people who have vanished then.

There is a concerted effort by the administration to keep the disappearances under wraps, for a purpose we do not yet know. Chances are, in my opinion, it is simply money. Revenue would be affected if it was known there was a danger.

a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Jiggy, I'm of the exact same opinion as you. As far as I'm concerned Sasquatch is almost certainly an intelligent ape. I don't know if I'd say they're less intelligent, though. I'm more inclined to think they just possess a different intelligence. I think they'd have as much trouble working a car as we would have moving totally stealthily through the woods.

I have no idea what could be responsible for some of these disappearances, and every single one I think of has some aspect which is just...remarkably chilling. There is a clear intelligence behind what is happening, that is able to recognise the perfect moment to make it's play. And has the strength, speed and stealth to be in and out within moments.

Christopher Tompkins... the last people to see him didn't hear a car. And any car that struck him fast enough to leave a boot on the ground and knock the change out of his pocket would be heard. Either brakes screeching or simply the impact of Christopher being struck. He wasn't. There was no blood found, anywhere, and judging from the evidence collected, I'd say it's almost certain he went over barbed wire fence. Willingly? Unlikely. But he went over that fence, which is why a shoe was left behind and the money fell out of his pockets. By the time his other shoe had been removed, I'm 90% sure he was already dead and his body was near that swamp.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

When I seen the boot hanging from that fence it brought back memories of when I went missing as a child and was found a good distance from home hanging by the hood of my coat on a barbwire fence. I'm going to read up more on this story later as it's late and I need sleep
I can't wait to explore this story tomorrow!
S & F
edit on 15-7-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

"As bizarre", perhaps, though maybe not more. That is definitely one of the weirder cases from the books.

It seems SOMETHING hit the guy pretty hard; enough to knock him out of a shoe, as a car could do. Of course, no one reported any car. Besides, a car accident wouldn't be anything that needed covered up. Even deliberate, it could be called an accident. Having no explanation, as is the case, is very odd.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Some of you guys sound like you didn't even read the story behind it or have no ability to critically think. First off I'm sure the detectives and FBI on the case could have easily ruled out a car accident. There wasn't any blood ANYWHERE to reiterate what another poster said. Second, YES you damn sure would have heard the impact of a vehicle hitting a human being and there most likely would be blood. And if you would have read accurately his coworkers were only a few yards from him. Alligator or Croc really? That is the stupidest explanation so far. They can't swallow a man whole and when has a croc or gator ever been able to jump off the ground and take its prey? The attack from the ground I.e running up on something and crushing a part of it and dragging it off or underwater. So most likely a gator would have bit his legs which yes would have most likely resulted in a scream and some blood!

Also they found a piece of his clothing stuck on a barb wire fence in the direction of a swamp.

Seriously a gator/croc or car? Geezus think!!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
That military base story reminded me of a story a friend told me. His dad was stationed in Vietnam and one night over the radio word comes through saying "lights are coming down in the quarry. If you see anyone and they do not give you tge correct answer to the code question, shoot on site." Something along those lines. I never fiorgot the story because it's true (known him for years, he's not one to lie) and so bizarre.
edit on 28-10-2014 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

These investigations of Paulides are very fascinating. There is some weird stuff going on in the US national forests.. for sure. I am looking forward to such accounts from countries outside the USA. Hopefully Paulides will take a look at those disappearances some day. I can not help it to associate such disappearences with catel mutalations although these are happening in other places.

S&F

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xterrain

I remember an episode of The Six Million Dollar Man with a 'radio-controlled' Big-Foot stirring up the place.

Just had to mention that after reading your post... Probably based on those experiances.

(An other mystery... how did that flatscreen get up there..lol)

edit on 28/10/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I was actually listening to David Paulides on Coast to Coast last night, on Conflict radio through Youtube, an archived show from a few months ago.

If you listen to David, a retired Police officer describe the numerous cases, and things like bears, cougars, accidents and bad people have been ruled out, you have no choice but to come to the conclusion these people are being abducted by non-humans. Why is that so surprising? There are many rumors that the US government in fact made such a deal with an alien group several decades ago in return for technology, however the aliens were supposed to return people alive and give the government names.......apparently the aliens have broken that part of the agreement and there is nothing the government can do about it. These are my speculations, not Davids.........he just lays out the facts of the cases.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Is it possible that this could be the work of a Wendigo? While none of the native Georgian tribes believed in the myth of the Wendigo, Wendigo stories come from all over the country. However, the Algonquian people, who first started the myth of the Wendigo, were numerous along the Atlantic Coast, so it is not impossible to believe that a Wendigo could be in Georgia. According to myth, a Wendigo calls out to its victims before it strikes, which could explain why Thompkins moved away from the crew with a perplexed look on his face. A Wendigo strikes from the air, which could explain both the force of the taking and the "vanishing" of Thompkins.

The possibility of a Wendigo also has its problems. If Thompkins heard his name called by the Wendigo, wouldn't the others be able to hear the call? To make the case worse, the victim of a Wendigo abduction doesn't die immediately. Usually, the victim screams out in pain, which would have been able to be heard by the crew, especially if they noticed he was gone a few seconds later. But the original myth probably doesn't account for a modern understanding of medicine, so the force of the abduction could have (more than likely) killed Thompkins instantly. While the theory is not very solid, there is definitely some validity, given the circumstances of the disappearance. The possibility of a Wendigo strike does explain some of the problems of a crocodile/alligator/big foot attack, but it does not completely rule out a UFO abduction, either.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Banille

Interesting.....don't you think Wendigo is probably just another name for a bigfoot type creature?

I think in some cases Sasquatches can be mind controlled by the aliens, and do their bidding for them.

In other cases the grays just do mind control directly on their subject, like this one.

Maybe the "tin-foil-hat" pejorative actually has some validity to it and can block people from the grays mind control.............who knows.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The interesting thing about Paulies 411 books is that he never mentions bigfoot, sasquatch, or any other unusual suspect.
He does mention that there are people that live primitively in the appalachians.

The weirdest case I read about was the hunter in Alaska.
If I remember correctly, his boots and pants were sitting on the ground as if he had just dropped his pants and stepped out of his boots. But his feet were still in the boots.
Don't remember any other details.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I know from the folklore I read about Wendigo, they have the ability to pull someone right out of their clothing. They also have the ability to turn someone to dust, but they keep their form, which is also very strange.

If it's possible that the natives did this to him, then how could other people successfully do something like that to him without some supernatural ability? Maybe they somehow pulled him, using a ritual, and he was pulled through the barbed wire? (Not a pretty sight.) I don't want to make wild speculations about ritual magic, especially since it could be very offensive to any Native Americans who use this board or people who use ritual magic. None of the information I pulled on the Creek tribe, the tribe native to the area where the incident took place, had anything to do with ritual sacrifice. I feel like a creature would be the cause of the disappearance.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

where did the " 10 foot barbed wire fence " come from - cite please

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
The vast majority of people who report alien abductions seem to suggest that it is some type of force that lifts the person. If aliens exist and truly are abducting people, of which I am not convinced, then how would they lift someone while that person's pockets were emptied? Bigfoot is my forte, and I must say that I found Paulides' book intriguing, yet I am not convinced that sasquatch plays a role in a significant portion of these strange cases. Maybe some.

I will say that sasquatch is a potential explanation in a case like this one however. I should clarify that I do not believe there to be anything about bigfoot that is paranormal. It is simply a large and relatively intelligent primate. Not as intelligent as humans mind you, but smart enough to be the master of its environment, a master of the things it concerns itself with. The majority of, if not every single one, of the Native American tribes in North America have a name for a bigfoot-like animal. Descriptions are remarkably similar across these groups, which is highly unusual considering that most of these groups did not come into contact with one another. Most of them lived on completely different parts of the continent.

Some attribute paranormal aspects to sasquatch, while others maintain it is just a forest giant. More or less an animal like any other. But one of the remarkable similarities is the claim of abductions by bigfoot. I have focused mainly on the abduction claims from the Pacific North West tribes, but I do know that such abductions stories were passed down in the oral tradition of tribes extending outward from the PNW.

By far it was claimed that children and women were abducted more often than men, but it is also claimed that men have been abducted as well. Some even killed, including women and children. This is just lore, stories, but again the correlations between so many groups is striking. Here is something that should be considered...Many of these stories, if they describe factual events, likely took place in a more primitive society. Native Americans lived in smaller groups that were close-knit. So think about how a Native American tribe lived at that time. How information was disseminated. Now compare that with our modern society. It is much easier for someone in a modern society to disappear without anyone knowing what occurred, precisely because it is likely to be far removed from the rest of society. By their nature Native American tribes lived quite close to one another, in the habitat that the bigfoot lives, and as such it was easier to keep tabs on people.

And it was not like these tribes just automatically blamed bigfoot for no reason when something odd happened. Part of the reason bigfoot was blamed for some things is precisely because it was witnessed doing those things. These including stealing people and stealing food such as fish. There is eyewitness evidence in our own society's reports of sasquatch stealing food, as well as doing other things the Native Americans claimed the bigfoot were responsible for. This is NOT a cultural phenomenon we are talking about here. I've seen one of these animals at a relatively short distance, and am absolutely convinced of their existence because of it.

And because I know the Native Americans were right all along, I definitely believe their stories regarding bigfoot kidnapping people to be accurate in at least some instances. And because many of the behaviors the Native Americans attributed to bigfoot have been confirmed by anecdotal evidence in our own time and society, I am even more inclined to believe that if bigfoot kidnapped people in the past, it is still occurring today. I do not know what the frequency of such a thing would be, whether it is quite rare or quite common, but I am convinced it is definitely possible. Even likely, based on what I know and have deduced from my knowledge.

several things about your post confuse me a bit..

first you state that you do believe that some of these 'kidnappings' are done by what we term sasquatch, bigfoot..yet you state you do not believe that this entity has any sort of paranormal ability, and that it is slightly 'less intellignet' than humans

may i ask you then, how is it possible for a normal animal to grab a person in such a manner with witnesses almost standing on top of them? and btw where are the bodies? and why take them in the first place?

you do of course realize if you have done extensive research that creatures such as this exist not only in north america, europe, but australia and africa as well..and that the stories are identical

and i would assume that as you have done all this research you are aware of the alien/ufo bigfoot connection..that is, that when these creatures are about, apparently ufo activity is also

so i am curious as to your hypothesis. how would an 'ape like beast' snag people almost in plain sight, and so quickly as to leave no trace?

if you would like some links about the possible connection, i am happy to provide or you can of course look it up
thing is, this goes a lot deeper than probably even paulides is aware of.

i do know that whatever is going on needs to be addressed..or we will continue to have more people, and probably more children taken too.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join