It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing 411 - Christopher Thompkins - WOW!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Out of all the missing persons/Paulides cases I've read about etc........this one is probably the strangest by FAR! Completely bizarre! I don't even know if this one leads me to believe in Bigfoot or maybe even something more sinsiter and hard to fathom. Anyways, what do you guys/gals think? Can anyone think of a case more bizarre than this one?

www.enigmaticearth.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Interesting read ..

Not sure if this can be attributed to "big foot"

I'll venture out to say "alien abduction" .. Even that's a bit of a stretch..

No doubt the stories are strange..

I'll have to research more into it then get back to you

Thanks for the thread .

Sf

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Well the details point towards some sort of "creature" picking up and running off with Christopher. Something from the nearby swamp maybe?? From the little knowledge I have about alien abduction cases this one doesn't seem to fit......?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Maybe he was knocked out of his boots by a car then dragged for a few miles where either the driver stopped and dumped him in the brush or a bear Snaffled him from the road....Just another possibility.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Maybe he was knocked out of his boots by a car then dragged for a few miles where either the driver stopped and dumped him in the brush or a bear Snaffled him from the road....Just another possibility.

So the people he was working with, only a few yards from him, missed all this?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

It would explain why there was no cry for help. A truck could have knocked him out of his boots and into the Lake...Who knows,? but i would jump to the conclusion he was taken by a swamp creature before i looked at all the other natural possibilities first.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Because marketing!

You have to love ATS sometimes, they think we are idiots.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

It would explain why there was no cry for help. A truck could have knocked him out of his boots and into the Lake...Who knows,? but i would jump to the conclusion he was taken by a swamp creature before i looked at all the other natural possibilities first.

And the people who were within a few yards away would not have heard or seen this truck????

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
Out of all the missing persons/Paulides cases I've read about etc........this one is probably the strangest by FAR! Completely bizarre! I don't even know if this one leads me to believe in Bigfoot or maybe even something more sinsiter and hard to fathom. Anyways, what do you guys/gals think? Can anyone think of a case more bizarre than this one?

www.enigmaticearth.com...

Yes Newcombe and Weeded one 50 and the other 63 both armed and hunting at a remote lodge owned by Newcombe one with a bad leg from a long ago injury, winter time, snow and bad weather. Both seasoned outdoorsmen, large search by law enforcement, at the time of the disappearance and later in the spring after the snow melt. Both gone never to be seen or heard from again. What's unusual is they were both armed while hunting, older reduced mobility from weather and injury. Just gone.

Of course I am cheating here I am on chapter 6 of 411 Eastern US. I have to say totally fascinating.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The broader aspects of this topic are some of the most interesting CT stuff out there these days. Sometimes there's nothing better than a ghost story to fire up the imagination. Only ... there seems to be real people who have gone inexplicably missing.

After reading MG's post above, I think I'll take the plunge and buy the book.

ETA: As for this specific incident ... do go back to the source. They said they found the dude's other boot closer to the swamp. Almost makes you wonder why they found no human remains.
edit on 1272014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The broader aspects of this topic are some of the most interesting CT stuff out there these days. Sometimes there's nothing better than a ghost story to fire up the imagination. Only ... there seems to be real people who have gone inexplicably missing.

ETA: As for this specific incident ... do go back to the source. They said they found the dude's other boot closer to the swamp. Almost makes you wonder why they found no human remains.

Good morning oh snarly one,

The books from his website cost half of what Amazon charges.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I don't know why so much has to be labelled "Conspiracy Theory/CT" when that is such a pejorative and tends to bias the sheeple right of the gate, why can't we use something that is more neutral, like "interesting unsolved mysteries", which is actually redundant, or we could just use the word "mystery"?

Why does there seem to be a subtle yet concerted effort to re-label mysteries as conspiracy theories? Seems kind of Orwellian to me.......

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'd say he was taken by an alligator/crocodile. While he is standing by the road, it would have crawled up, grabbed one leg, taking one boot in the process. Then he would try and grab hold of the fence and put his other leg up for support. That would make the coins fall out of his pocket, put fragments of fabric on the fence as well as the other boot. Then he would have fallen down onto the road and dragged back down into the swamp.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I've read this one and man it really got me chicken skin imagining a full grown man hit so hard and fast he didn't have time to scream, was knocked out of his boots and thrown over a ten foot fence of barbed wire!! His mates were only yards away.....that's just down right scary. I dunno about you guys but I imagine a huge creature moving 40mph throwing its shoulder in to him then grabbing part of a tree with one hand and foot then jumping off it over the fence with his body.....I need to go grab my gun I'm scared.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

Watch Jeepers Creepers much.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Actually it's been on TV a lot recently lol but I was thinking more Bigfoot

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiZZiM

I've read this one and man it really got me chicken skin imagining a full grown man hit so hard and fast he didn't have time to scream, was knocked out of his boots and thrown over a ten foot fence of barbed wire!!

Do you think that with a "normal" car accident that a victim would always scream when all-of-a-sudden hit by a car?
Watch Hollywood movies much?

Would you say that it is "unusual" that a person who is standing 'on the shoulder of the road' is knocked hard so that he would fly at least ten feet? We already established that it's "normal" that people can get knocked out their shoes etc.

As for "How can it be that a car hit him and no-one noticed?"

If it was a road where there are barely any cars this is a good question. But we don't know anything about this road. If there was constant traffic, no-one would have paid attention to a particular car. We also cannot assume that the bump was so loud that everyone MUST have heard it...besides we don't even know where the other people were.

That a car hit the guy and dragged him is ENTIRELY PLAUSIBLE to me, in fact all the evidence (knocked from boots, coinds dropped, pieces of fabric) look like a car accident to me and not anything paranormal.

But overall, whether this case, this disappearance is really not explainable would depend on the circumstances, as mentioned above...traffic...witness location etc. and this short article linked does not in the slightest give enough background information to come to such a conclusion.

EDIT: Slight confusion here. His team mates saw him "walk away" and the case file says he was last seen "walking away from the survey site". What does that mean? Where did he walk to? Did he walk out on the street? Did he walk into the woods...etc.?
edit on 7/12/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The vast majority of people who report alien abductions seem to suggest that it is some type of force that lifts the person. If aliens exist and truly are abducting people, of which I am not convinced, then how would they lift someone while that person's pockets were emptied? Bigfoot is my forte, and I must say that I found Paulides' book intriguing, yet I am not convinced that sasquatch plays a role in a significant portion of these strange cases. Maybe some.

I will say that sasquatch is a potential explanation in a case like this one however. I should clarify that I do not believe there to be anything about bigfoot that is paranormal. It is simply a large and relatively intelligent primate. Not as intelligent as humans mind you, but smart enough to be the master of its environment, a master of the things it concerns itself with. The majority of, if not every single one, of the Native American tribes in North America have a name for a bigfoot-like animal. Descriptions are remarkably similar across these groups, which is highly unusual considering that most of these groups did not come into contact with one another. Most of them lived on completely different parts of the continent.

Some attribute paranormal aspects to sasquatch, while others maintain it is just a forest giant. More or less an animal like any other. But one of the remarkable similarities is the claim of abductions by bigfoot. I have focused mainly on the abduction claims from the Pacific North West tribes, but I do know that such abductions stories were passed down in the oral tradition of tribes extending outward from the PNW.

By far it was claimed that children and women were abducted more often than men, but it is also claimed that men have been abducted as well. Some even killed, including women and children. This is just lore, stories, but again the correlations between so many groups is striking. Here is something that should be considered...Many of these stories, if they describe factual events, likely took place in a more primitive society. Native Americans lived in smaller groups that were close-knit. So think about how a Native American tribe lived at that time. How information was disseminated. Now compare that with our modern society. It is much easier for someone in a modern society to disappear without anyone knowing what occurred, precisely because it is likely to be far removed from the rest of society. By their nature Native American tribes lived quite close to one another, in the habitat that the bigfoot lives, and as such it was easier to keep tabs on people.

And it was not like these tribes just automatically blamed bigfoot for no reason when something odd happened. Part of the reason bigfoot was blamed for some things is precisely because it was witnessed doing those things. These including stealing people and stealing food such as fish. There is eyewitness evidence in our own society's reports of sasquatch stealing food, as well as doing other things the Native Americans claimed the bigfoot were responsible for. This is NOT a cultural phenomenon we are talking about here. I've seen one of these animals at a relatively short distance, and am absolutely convinced of their existence because of it.

And because I know the Native Americans were right all along, I definitely believe their stories regarding bigfoot kidnapping people to be accurate in at least some instances. And because many of the behaviors the Native Americans attributed to bigfoot have been confirmed by anecdotal evidence in our own time and society, I am even more inclined to believe that if bigfoot kidnapped people in the past, it is still occurring today. I do not know what the frequency of such a thing would be, whether it is quite rare or quite common, but I am convinced it is definitely possible. Even likely, based on what I know and have deduced from my knowledge.
edit on 7/12/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Respectfully, a plausible explanation might be a large alligator or crocodile attack, no great mystery, methinks...?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
He was hit by a csr, went flying into the field. The driver ditched his body , so not to be charged with a crime.
Shoes fall off in accidents a lot. Or he was dragged by the vehicle.

I don't see how you get Bigfoot out of this.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join