It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask any question you want about Physics

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mon1k3r
a reply to: krash661

You know what you know because you are complacent and happy to simply accept what you are taught, because you are told that you are not to know anything until you are told what to know, and how to know it.

again, more incorrect nonsense.
and no, i know and understand from what's called a career and experience.
i'm not just some want to be ignoramus sitting on a site spewing about something i have no clue of. my knowledge and understanding doesn't come from what ever link i clicked on. let alone understanding what's clicked on.(get it ?)

you have an obvious agenda.
that's why you are spewing the nonsense you spew.
simple.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: krash661

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

your black hole and time dilation of seeing the ship from non local observers is completely wrong.
you continue to show you do not understand any of this.
this is also far advance for you.
I posted a university source here, are you saying that's wrong?

If you've got something to contribute then contribute, like why it's wrong, what instead is right and how you know it's right backed up with a good source, would be helpful. But your comments like this are pure trolling if this is all you're going to post:

this entire thread is a complete joke.
it's nothing but novice misinforming.
If you want to contribute here, then contribute, and share your vast wisdom. If you don't want to do that and only want to troll, then go somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
arbitrageur,
it's massive obvious you do not understand what ever you click on,
let alone acknowledging other pieces involve.

edit on 15-8-2014 by krash661 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

ahh yes, the typical grammar policing,
this is done by individuals who are not only low level minded individuals but also, a resort of no other arsenal in your focused arguing nonsense of the subject (physics).

with the nonsense you continue to spew leads me to believe you have an agenda.

Negative. This is done by people who understand and respect the language which they use to convey ideas. Proper use of the language allows more clear and concise conveyance of ideas, which is it's purpose. If you don't understand what language is for, and why it's proper use is important, then you will be hindered by that ignorance forever. You will never be understood or given credit for your words. You tend to say the same things over and over in each of your posts, and poorly. You are now a broken record, you have cut off your own legs, and you have contributed all you can contribute.

I do have an agenda, and that is to bring myself and others as close to the truth as we can humanly come.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

And I just noticed your tagline, "Transforming Sci-Fi Into Reality." This leads me to believe that your agenda is to create your own reality based on fiction, which seems very important to you. Let me know how that works out.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

arbitrageur,

I hope you can tell us what the truth is,
how it works and what's wrong with what we say.

We can start with something simple like electro magnetic radiation for example.

If you could describe with words we understand the mechanism of EM radiation I would really appreciate your trouble.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

ahh yes, the typical grammar policing,
this is done by individuals who are not only low level minded individuals but also, a resort of no other arsenal in your focused arguing nonsense of the subject (physics).

with the nonsense you continue to spew leads me to believe you have an agenda.

Negative. This is done by people who understand and respect the language which they use to convey ideas. Proper use of the language allows more clear and concise conveyance of ideas, which is it's purpose. If you don't understand what language is for, and why it's proper use is important, then you will be hindered by that ignorance forever. You will never be understood or given credit for your words. You tend to say the same things over and over in each of your posts, and poorly. You are now a broken record, you have cut off your own legs, and you have contributed all you can contribute.

I do have an agenda, and that is to bring myself and others as close to the truth as we can humanly come.

ahh yes,
just as i thought,
you think you're some kind of intellect.
makes sense now.

all in all, once again, i have had enough of this ridiculous nonsense.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

And I just noticed your tagline, "Transforming Sci-Fi Into Reality." This leads me to believe that your agenda is to create your own reality based on fiction, which seems very important to you. Let me know how that works out.

actually,
it says
" transitioning sci-fi into reality "
you just have shown once again,
you clearly do not understand what you read.

also,
it means something you will never experience or grasp.
it means i work on tier one sciences.
tier two is public/mainstream.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrzYma

arbitrageur,

I hope you can tell us what the truth is,
how it works and what's wrong with what we say.

We can start with something simple like electro magnetic radiation for example.

If you could describe with words we understand the mechanism of EM radiation I would really appreciate your trouble.

pay attention and understand what ImaFungi states.
ignore the other nonsense form the imitators of intellects/scientist.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

(post by krash661 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
ATTENTION

The topic of the thread is Ask any question you want about Physics, it is not a thread about each other. The off topic comment need to cease.

Please, feel free to discuss the topic. But not each other.

edit on 8/15/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well looks like things got a little heated iin here. Anyway i figured since we were discussing time delay why not discuss an actual experiment here take a look.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

Once the ship in reality, crosses (can we agree there is an objective reality, where the ship actually crosses in), and the light that reflected off the ship outwards at the speed of light, reflected outwards at the speed of light, that would be the end of ship information outside of the black hole. Why it would matter if the event horizon was rotating, is because I think this might be the only reason your theory about this exist. Think of a tornado. I think your theory people, are thinking of the event horizon like a film/membrane/screen, which is a curvature, which once light comes in contact with, the light cant go outwards, so the light just rotates around the event horizon indefinitely, because this is light following the curve of space, like perhaps if you threw 10 gallons of paint into a lab made perfect tornado, perhaps the paint would just spin around with the outside of the tornado. You are saying maybe, even if the information is not spinning around, because the event horizon might not be spinning around, the information still remains there, and radiation is still coming in contact with the information of the ship (which really isnt there, because in reality it fell in) which is then reflected outwards, to any observer.

this rotating light on the event horizon would be true if gravity would not delay the time.
I don't have any paper on this right now but the point is, bigger mass - slower time flow compared to space without any mass.

In this case, where the ship comes closer to the mass, the electrons move slower radiating longer EM waves.
Finally if it passes the event horizon, for the observer outside the time is frozen for the ship.
This means also no radiation comes from the ship, no light, nothing.

And here the paradox begins I think.

In relativity, light speed is constant in every reference frame, therefore inside the black hole all is the same as outside, light has speed C and Mr. Astronaut is happy living his life that we can not observe.

You probably know I don't believe in Black Holes and think that gravitational lensing has a different source,
but who knows, maybe gravity really rotates the time axis, than we just have to find out what causes gravity force and revert it.

Thanks dragonridr, this is the link I needed
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-8-2014 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

actually,
it says

also,
Just a quick ques if I a may. Do the folks in tier 1 embrace einsteins gr or do they just chuckle and let the tier 2 wallow in their ignorance?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Well looks like things got a little heated iin here. Anyway i figured since we were discussing time delay why not discuss an actual experiment here take a look.

en.wikipedia.org...

except the page says,
" This article needs attention from an expert in Physics. Please add a reason or a talk parameter to this template to explain the issue with the article. WikiProject Physics (or its Portal) may be able to help recruit an expert. (November 2008) "

look into gravity probe B results.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

your black hole and time dilation of seeing the ship from non local observers is completely wrong.
you continue to show you do not understand any of this.
this is also far advance for you.
I posted a university source here, are you saying that's wrong?

your link also says,
" Black Holes
John D. Norton
Department of History and Philosophy of Science
University of Pittsburgh

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
what appears is going on here,
is a specific incorrect hypothesis called schwarzschild bookkeeper

a clock located in the schwarzschild bookkeeper frame at boundary is 1/1 [same for distance measurements].
it's a common misconception that the invariant speed of light somehow is associated with time dilation and length contraction.
every local measurement of the speed of light = c. it doesn't matter what gravitational potential is because gravity is spacetime curvature and the local spacetime curvature is an infinitesimal.
if you observe [measure], calculate the speed of light FROM remote coordinates then the observation is frame dependent.
this covers most of the universe. most speed of light remote measurements are essentially the same as the local invariant measurement. this is because the spacetime curvature over the entire path from boundary to very large M is still an infinitesimal. In the strong field the total spacetime curvature over the path can be very large.

dr/dt = 1-2M/2M = 1-1 = 0 [as in 0].

this is just as valid a measurement as the local invariant measurement. this path is the path of a 'dying pulse train' predicted by GR.

all the measurements and observation suggested by the originator of these post are conducted in the weak field regardless whether they're invariant [local] or frame dependent [remote] measurements.

all local measurements of the speed of light are invariant.
the local spacetime everywhere in the universe is essentially flat and why we can use the minkowski metric to do the physics.
it's because the local spacetime curvature is an 'infinitesimal'. what we mean by 'infinitesimal' is that it's so small it won't have any bearing on experiments conducted in local frames. for example the laboratory frame of SR is the frame that CERN experiments are conducted in. those experiments are not effected by gravity in any meaningful way.
when you solve the minkowski metric for dr/dt the answer is

dr/dt=1. [c=1] radial speed of light. this measurement is an invariant 1

when you solve the Schwarzschild metric for dr/dt the answer is

dr/dt=1-2M/r remote radial coordinate speed of light. 2M/r is the curvature component of the metric and represents a specific coordinates [place] which varies as r varies. in other words, the answer is coordinate dependent [frame dependent] and can vary between 1 and 0. for example the famous remote coordinate result where the remote coordinate speed of light is 0 at the event horizon while the local measurement is invariant 1.
the local measurement is predicted to be 1 for every local measurement inside or outside black holes.

if the physics was understood
then this would be obvious.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

actually,
it says

also,
Just a quick ques if I a may. Do the folks in tier 1 embrace einsteins gr or do they just chuckle and let the tier 2 wallow in their ignorance?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

actually,
it says

also,

www.abovetopsecret.com...
If that is the case humans will never travel among the stars.
SAD

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join