It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you look at obese people with a critical eye?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
When I see morbidly obese people walking through malls etc. it's hard for me not to think, "How can you let yourself become so fat it's hard for you to actually move through space? Where is your sense of pride?"

Am I being harsh in my judgement of the obese? I'm not talking about older people who are somewhat overweight. I am an older person who is carrying maybe 15 extra pounds that make me a little bit overweight. But I'm 64 years old, and it's hard to not be a little overweight at my age.

But the morbidly obese are another thing. How could they accept their body weight, their physical incapability? Am I lacking in compassion for very fat people?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
There are numerous reasons why people are obese. The bottom line is that they are no less of a human being than you are and should have respect.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

What are the reasons why most morbidly obese people are obese that don't involve their diet choices and their exercise choices?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yeah I do, and not overweight people just the morbidly obese, those that have gone above and beyond what their frame should support.

I know I have to watch what I eat due to allergies and cholesterol, I know what I can and cant eat. If I ignored that, and ate everything I like I would be in bad shape. If I continued that for a long period I would end up obese.

Its not hard to limit what you consume. Its not hard to make dietary rules for health. Its not hard to cook.

Rules I follow (and occasionally break some)
No Soda
No preservatives
No foods with added sucrose
Wholemeal bread only
100g of meat per meal (when Im not being veg, see below)
2 vegetarian meals per week (currently doing 3)
No processed meats
No chocolate

Drink 2L of water per day
5 different vegetables per meal
And more importantly no vodka before 10am

They are not the best rules, but they work for me. Its not rocket science. I dont calorie count, Im not a fitness freak, I just want to be healthy.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I can't help thinking either how could they let it get so far. And that now that it is to that degree it would be harder to reverse it at that point. Not to mention thinking that they may be on their way to being permanently bed ridden. I do feel sorry for them. How could they let it get so far. I remember telling my boss one time when he asked me about a new employee and what i thought. Noticing that he was severely overweight. I said that i am not sure he could do the job efficiently because he with his size limited his reach. Because of his large gut limited his arm length from his elbows out. The job required him to maintain machines with tanks in front of the electronics he had to work on. He did struggle but ended up being capable. Though not as efficient as others. I don't know either if that makes me to judgmental or just being realistic and analytical. I wasn't trying to offend or exclude or exude any prejudice. You tell me, am i to critical? I would like to know as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

What are the reasons why most morbidly obese people are obese that don't involve their diet choices and their exercise
choices?

Considering you you answered a question with a question, why?

Maybe we should make laws to kill fat people?

Humans are humans whether fat or skinny!

Get off your high effing horse and look in your own GD mirror and find the flaws in yourself! Perhaps you might not be obese, but inside you might be uglier than those you chose to single out with this ignorant post!

The world is going to hell, and your worried about fat people?
edit on 12-7-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Arthritis, gout, thryoid, chronic fatigue, diabetes, heart conditions, and genetics, and my son, the only obese one out of 5 boys has physical apraxia like several brothers. One has developed hard time swallowing food, he's too thin already, but has had oral apraxia all his life. Not sure it was thyroid either, he stopped playing sitting up games after his first shots at 3 months and sat up at the time the others learned to walk. My second youngest has very weak torso and muscles in stomach and spent his childhood getting stuck when rough housing, not able to get up and nearly suffocating.

And guess what, No One Cares because the outer is nonsense. Out of egypt is out of ego, and that means people who are dealing with issues that others harm them for having, handicaps, buck teeth, overweight, and numerous conditions, ARE WALKING THE WALK OF KINGS.

And they give wonderful hugs. I like teddy bears just fine. Don't judge anyone for any reason except behavior and mindsets. Because people's opinions, and narrow false erroneous ideas, when they know nothing, are very harmful to others, and they are responsible for their baseless weaponized ISM and beliefs.

Everything here is backwards.

But the attitude of judging others is SIN.

edit on 12-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
There are numerous reasons why people are obese. The bottom line is that they are no less of a human being than you are and should have respect.

I dont "disrespect" them, the question was "do you look at them with a critical eye", and I am critical of them. I will not discriminate, degrade or disrespect them, but I am critical. If someone cant be vigilant when it comes to their own health and well-being, that to me indicates a lack of self control and discipline.

Does having a lack of self control and discipline matter when it comes to treating humans? IMHO no it does not.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Is it an ignorant post when there is a huge problem in first world countries of morbidly obese people who suffer from diseases that will shorten their lives and provide a burden on our medical system?

If you look at the history of humans, this is is quite unique. Morbidly obese humans were never present before this modern time. It is a BIG problem, and if you say it isn't you are just wrong. It is a strong symptom of a sick society.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

What are the reasons why most morbidly obese people are obese that don't involve their diet choices and their exercise choices?

Some people have medical reasons. People who are anorexic are too thin. There is actually a medical term for the really obese. I saw vids before. Some people are disabled and cannot exercise. I knew a young lady who was thin her entire life and when she went on just one medication she quickly gained 30pounds, just from that. There are various reasons and they shouldn't matter. Some of the most amazing, wonderful, loving, kind, generous, thoughtful, amusing and fun loving people I have ever known were obese. I love them and trust them with my life.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yes, there are reasons why some people are obese that don't involve diet, but the great majority of obese people are obese because of what they eat.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Is it an ignorant post when there is a huge problem in first world countries of morbidly obese people who suffer from diseases that will shorten their lives and provide a burden on our medical system?

A burden on our medical system? So gather up and kill them off? You do realize that there are skinny people who eat like pigs and never gain weight, eat Junk foods that are un-healthy and will cause medical problems in the future right? So what's your point?

edit on 12-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You are not harsh in your thoughts if your thoughts stay within your mind. Obesity is a complicated condition that involves psychological as well as metabolic issues. I am convinced that most who are obese, are not "weaker" or less disciplined than you or me. I also believe that empathy and understanding is the best way to deal with those who are obese.

link   

I will add, horrendous food industry hijacking of our basic necessities, GMO's, radiation and chemicals. And I will say, that most of the time, overweight people have reasons and only a minority over eat.

Here is the point however, if the person before you has a secret pastry fetish, or liver disease and a collapsed system, its not your business.

If you think poorly of anyone, your own soul returns that meanness and judgement back on your life review.

If you actually bring down another's spirit, instead of bringing out positive and good feelings, in those around you, you are harming others in a very serious way, for some that can lead to depression, suicide, and just horrible low frequency. You are a destroyer. No one has the right to ever harm anyone.

link   

Yes, there are reasons why some people are obese that don't involve diet, but the great majority of obese people are obese because of what they eat.

So they like to eat, it doesn't make them a bad person. They aren't hurting anyone.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Skinny people vs morbidly obese people. Who drains the medical system more? I think I know the answer.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
People who think horrible things about others or want to control them instead of love them and only offer advice if someone asks for it from them, and only in a caring way, are repulsive to me, they are lower dimensional beings.

I spent my life speaking up for others, very shy, couldn't speak up for myself easily, but when it comes to another, jump in frequently.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Skinny people vs morbidly obese people. Who drains the medical system more? I think I know the answer.

Skinny and normal sized people have just as many medical problems as obese people.

You going to pick on the elderly next?
edit on 12-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I love obese people but they need to get their stuff together.
edit on 12-7-2014 by droid56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I love obese people but they need to get their stuff together.

Or what???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join