It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No underage sex please, I'm British

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well, it's certainly been a few interesting years here in the British Isles. Starting with Mr Jimmy Saville, and ending up at Sir Rolf Harris...operation Yewtree has certainly wielded some interesting results.

I have a problem here, maybe misguided by my wanting so hard for my youthful heroes not to be guilty of such heinous crimes, but still, I smell something wrong.

Now don't get me wrong, child sex abuse is probably one of the worst things imaginable, and as a parent it turns my stomach....but do allegations really amount to absolute guilt?

Look at Gary Glitter, famous glam rock British idol....no doubt whatsoever of his guilt, he's admitted it, there is hard evidence to back it up, send him to the gallows I say....and there have been a couple of other who have admitted that guilt along the way who to deserve no less than what they will probably receive.

I accepted the fact that Saville was [probably] guilty of what [some] they were saying, as much as it wounded me as a child of the eighties, but there was still a part of me that couldn't ignore the tremendous work that he had done for charities, and the joy he had brought into so many lives. the same could be said of Harris, but it looked like a no hope situation...the allegations were coming out fast and furious.

Then I read this tonight.... How the police trawl the innocent

The last few days I have spent going over interviews with Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris, looking for that indication that they were guilty, or innocent, of the "allegations" against them. One in particular caught my attention When Louis met... Jimmy

I was quite disturbed by this at first, in hindsight of the allegations, because he [Jimmy] was almost saying he did commit the terrible acts he did.. but then I gave it some thought, and wondered if it could be just misinterpreted that way?

There is definitely something going on (or did go on) in the UK in regards to paedophilia on a large scale, in a high order....but I am questioning whether we are being told the truth, or if certain people like Saville (who probably was a sexual deviant in the 70's/80's, but not in a paedophilic way) are merely scapegoats for more powerful people.

Hopefully over the coming months we will learn more about these coverups, and I for one will be glad if our childhood heroes are vindicated from all this madness. (Probably unlikely, they are most likely guilty as hell and I am trying to hold on to the last shred of my childhood).
edit on 11/7/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
AHAH i know you already mentioned him, but who do you think you are, SOME SORT OF CELEBRATORY?!

Covered by everyone that knows, no one speaks, no one cares - its nothing sort of a circus of debauchery and sin covered happily by people who feel they cant speak out against the big guys in fame.

Id love to be abe to rob a bank every week and have it covered up, what? i want money, whats the difference?

idiotic bullsnot.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

You may not get a lot of play on this post and you may get flamed. I think it is a valid issue that you raise and the methods used by the police to go fishing for assault victims is a mockery of justice. I also think that it is insightful of you to admit a potential bias here.

Having said that, accusations of pedophilia and sexual assault of children generally result in rampant mimetic contagion and group-think. It turns into a witch-hunt far too often. I understand that abusing children in this way is a very serious circumstance and should never be taken lightly but the accusations of such heinous acts should not be taken lightly either. Personally, I think Saville was creepy and probably (as you said) crossed some lines but I don't know if he is guilty of everything he is accused of. I have my doubts.

As I said though even asking people to be reasonable or think critically when considering the investigative techniques and the group psychological dynamics that inevitably occur in these circumstances is opening oneself up for at least criticism if not abuse. So star and flag for the issue and the hutzpah for what it is worth.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Not quite how to interpret that, hoping you are just as drunk as I.....but the keyword there is coverup....and a failing one at that, I think it's only a matter of time before the real truth surfaces...and it will be a lot higher than a few aging celebrities...(for the record I do not believe the Royal family are involved, in fact the photos of Saville/Harris and a few certain Royals are probably more inactivate of a coverup on a governmental level than most others)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Agreed, i dont aim this at royals (what 10 people?)

Its the nonchalant attitude of the press and those involved that gets me.

They are like the celebratory world of child sex rather than the political world of simply not giving a bla due to money or general financial/corporate interest.

Once you hit the top? You do what you want, and it seems that it expected everyone will lie for you or simply be too scared to come forward (witnesses and victims) what a disgusting situation.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

You have hit the proverbial nail there my good sir, a witch hunt and no-one wanting to side with the alleged nonce...for fear of being branded themselves.

At that point you have far too much attention focussed on that matter, leaving the real matter unattended.

edit on 11/7/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs
Oh I fully agree, and the chances are that the celebrities in questions may have even touched up the odd 15 year old or two, which is wrong in modern day society, but may have been (no matter how wrong it is) the norm in the 60's/70's/80's, and now they are paying the price to protect the higher up (whom some on here may call the "elite").

I cannot escape the good that these people did over the atrocities that they "allegedly" committed, especially given that it was a different era, it doesn't make it right, but is it as wrong as they are trying to make out? If they nonced some 8 year old kids, then yes, it is very wrong, if it was a couple of curious teenagers then isn't it more the mindset of the period?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I think you are closer to the truth regarding them being scapegoats for more powerful people. They had to fry someone, and Saville and Harris were the closest to the rich and powerful that you could get.

I have no idea whether they are guilty or innocent, I do know the court of public opinion is a demonic force unto itself.

The same thing happened in America with the 2008 financial scandal - how many of the major players were brought up on charges or convicted and sent to jail? Based on my research three, and I'm counting Bernie Madoff in this three because he became the financial scandal poster child. The other two were related to mortgage groups and not really on Wall Street.

BUT none of them were from the giant, major investment firms like Goldman Sachs, Lehman brothers, JP Morgan, etc.

Here's the recipe:
1. Find the smaller fish/patsies to fry (smaller than the really big ones)
2. Demonize them in the media
3. Make the public feel like "something was done"
4. Public forgets about it and feels safe again

That's how it ALWAYS works.

Again, I don't know about the two guys you brought up and their actual guilt, but I am sure you are onto something about them being scapegoats for the real powerful people.
edit on 11-7-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Thing is, they were both really powerful people in a sense....both of them dominated the TV for decades, touched the hearts of billions all over the world.

I suppose outside of the government they were probably two of the most powerful people in the UK, and herein lies the problem.

If you are trying to cover something up on a governmental level, something that is already out there..you need to go for the most powerful force outside of the Government. Most people wouldn't buy the Royals being involved, so you need the next best thing...celebs, but being who they are also implicated the royals, so where does it go from here? The next few weeks will be telling indeed...but I'll be taking it with the proverbial grain of salt I tells thee.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I remember recently when the Savile evidence came out that I had been trawling through some books at a charity shop.

Because of the recent scandal surrounding Savile I picked up an autobiography of his which I was surprised that was still on sale . Looking though it guessing that I wouldn't find anything eye opening as Savile must have surely lived a very secretive "split life".

I couldn't believe the point at which I found an account of Savile creeping into the caravan of some underage groupies to have some "innocent fun" he then pointed out that it was awkward to explain to the parents that found him in their daughter's caravan, why he was pretty much naked.

This guy was writing about the bad things he did openly yet nobody pursued him for his crimes until he was dead. I really think that the police were covering for this guy and many other "stars" of that time.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

But it is obvious that this whole thing goes way up the chain, I reckon the whole nation is about to face some really horrid truths.

For the record by the way, after a bottle of single malt, I have very vague memories of starting this thread, I'm actually very impressed with myself that I managed to remain coherent through my opening post....what I wrote though is pretty much in line with my current thoughts.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Yes I believe so too. Scapegoats that show the masses they serious about crime, when in effect, they hiding a much more sinister crime against children. You only have to research the Franklin case in US to see who is involved (and its the collar that demands loyalty to their masters behind the curtain) . 80 children came forward in the franklin case but they were threatened with perjury if they testified against elite families. When Alisha Owens was charged with perjury (served 4 1/2 years jail) the rest went quiet.

educate-yourself.org...

Satanism is strong in US and UK.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Yes I completely agree with the OP, poor old Rolf and Jimmy are being used as scapegoats.

Unfortunately, in the PC White World, everything has been turned on its bottom, particularly in England.

The problem is, they are enforcing 2014 standards on 1960s/70s behaviour, a behaviour that was quite excepted and often encouraged by people......yes women. This period was the days of the teen and preteen groupies. Girls throwing themselves at stars, movie stars, singers, bands even the roadies got some action in those days.
Free love and peace of the late 60s California and London, sex with anyone and everyone, open air concerts with people stripping down to nudity, having a bath in a lake, having sex in front of everyone......yes the good old days.

As a teenager in the 70s, I loved Benny Hill, chasing around bikini clad nymphs, patting them on the bottom, trying to steal a kiss against their wishes....this was normal, and was the same as from the Film media's advent in the 1910s.

In the 60s I delighted in the Three Stooges, banging each other on the head, poking the eyes, ripping hair out, trying to steal a kiss from a cute flapper. And the Abbot and Costello movies...the same, and the Marx Brothers Movies, Now if you want an example of lewd and ranchy.....cant go past the Marx bros.

ALL of these examples, would come under the broad stroke of modern day Wowserism shown by this current witchhunt in the UK.

What about another popular UK show of the 1970s...Love Thy Neighbour, now is was fine and dandy for Eddie Booth to call his African Jamaican neighbour " Sambo and Nignog" and for the Sambo to call Eddie a "White Honky", because everyone watching the show, knew it was harmless humour and showed the bigotry of BOTH sides of humanity.
But heaven help me if I travel to London and ask why there are so many Sambos and Nignogs over there and where are all the White Honkys.
But in the 70s this was harmless slanging......Something the English and Aussies did rather well.
Maybe the rest of the World never understood.....Tho the Americans do it now I notice.

This current witchhunt is, Complete PC bunk and rubbish, should be banned.

Of course it wont stop at this, soon they will be jailing everybody who has a Playboy magazine or other media...because, you had the Thought, therefore you did it.......almost shades of the Puritans rising again.

Yet, it seems fine that they can feature a lovely young actress, who still looks 15yo mind you, to strip off on a popular TV show, showing all her fine bits, get raped etc etc.....all to the delight of Art.....but that is OK isnt it.
I'm referring of course to Game Of Thrones......which I understand is filmed in England with English actors.......

Yes the Irony.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Why are we going to find out a lot in the next few weeks? What's going to happen in the next few weeks? If this was already mentioned in the op or another post I'm sorry I missed it.

If there are to be startling allegations or real evidence against real elites...prepare for a 9-11esque distraction. Read my sig...

Well in case I change my sig in the future, my current sig at the time of this post is as follows...

"Your race has now reached the point of no return for there are those among you who would destroy your very World rather than relinquish their power as they know it..."

It's from the supposed Admiral Byrd diary. Even if it might not be real, I still like the quote.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I believe that celebrities may have been used as a form of distraction technique away from people of higher influence in the press initially, it hasn't worked very well as the media are going full-on with the politicians now. Even if this is the case, if someone makes a claim it has to be taken seriously, but I don't think they should be reported in the media until the end of the trial.

It's also probably much easier to build a case against a celebrity because the Police don't have to deal with curious missing documents and fear for their jobs.
edit on 14-7-2014 by twfau because: changed a word

new topics

top topics

join