It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Democrats Propose Law to Force Christians to Pay for Abortion Drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
Its much worse than it may appear. These folks are pathological. In reality their dream is to someday see christians on their knees being forced to eat their bible. They wish to force some to violate what they hold dear.

BS.

their aim is to ensure that all Americans get adequate medical insurance - and even Republicans who have gained coverage under ACA are mostly happy about that!

The concept that a company can be "Christian" is patently ludicrous.
edit on 10-7-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: spelling

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

At least the right waits til people get out of the womb.

LOL. So that's better??? And why do you always need to generalize so much with all the Right vs Left BS??? That is getting so old and tired listening to people still stuck on that false Dualistic Political Scam.

link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge

originally posted by: xuenchen

In an obvious "sour grapes" knee-jerk hyper response to the Hobby Lobby Supreme Court decision last week, Democrats in the U.S. Senate are proposing yet another crusade against the 1st Amendment.

They display their true colors by demanding that abortion drugs be "forcibly paid for" by everybody if I read this correctly.

HHS has already discriminated by "allowing" non profit organizations to be exempt while forcing all others to be included but separated by religion.

The Supreme Court partly disagreed by "allowing" closely held companies to be exempted from at least the "contraceptives" listed by the FDA.

Very dangerous when we see the absolute mania displayed since last week.

Big can of worms.

I wonder how religious Democrats feel and how many will be "alienated" by this wild action ?

On Wednesday, Senate Democrats introduced a bill that would force Christians and other conscientious objectors to pay for drugs and devices, including the "week-after" pill, that may kill human embryos.

The new bill was drafted in response to Supreme Court's ruling last week that Obamacare's so-called contraceptive mandate as applied to family-owned religious businesses was a violation of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. The Democrats' legislation would strip away the religious freedom law's protections for Americans who provide health benefits to their employees.

The text of the bill states that an employer-sponsored health insurance plan shall not exclude coverage of any item or service "where the coverage of such item or service is required under any provision of Federal law or the regulations promulgated thereunder" and that the new law would "apply notwithstanding any other provision of Federal law, including Public Law 103–141 [the Religious Freedom Restoration Act]."

I am glad for this, I was forced to pay for the two trillion dollar wars that the Christian Right supported as they locked stepped with Bush. I guess they only care about killing when the person does not have a name.

Well if they had a test that could show the kid would grow up to be a jihadi I would be all for the abortion.

link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: ketsuko

Obamacare is not a tax, it's a law. If you fail to buy insurance, you pay a fee. That fee was declared a tax. The ACA itself is not a tax.

Hmmm

A law that would force most Americans to buy health care will survive in limited form as a tax, the Supreme Court ruled in a jaw-dropping, landmark decision on Thursday that dealt a disappointment to many conservatives, but included several small victories for the free market and individual rights

IT's a TAX !

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline
Isn't it fascinating when these people are so willing to show everyone how childish and pathetic they are while demanding you pay for there sex life...

1.5 million women use birth control pills for non-contraceptive purposes ONLY.

That's communist

I am hoping the GOP will finally wise up and put Terri Schiavo in charge of their private think tank

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: neo96

At least the right waits til people get out of the womb.

LOL. So that's better??? And why do you always need to generalize so much with all the Right vs Left BS??? That is getting so old and tired listening to people still stuck on that false Dualistic Political Scam.

I guess someone didn't bother to read the article in the op.

On Wednesday, Senate Democrats introduced a bill that would force Christians and other conscientious objectors to pay for drugs and devices, including the "week-after" pill, that may kill human embryo

One hell of a generalization there eh.

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That's how it seems to me too, but that obviously isn't the reasoning they would use to explain it. I'm more curious as what their reason is for only choosing to deny women and not men too. I'd really like to hear their logic behind it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: Logarock
Its much worse than it may appear. These folks are pathological. In reality their dream is to someday see christians on their knees being forced to eat their bible. They wish to force some to violate what they hold dear.

BS.

their aim is to ensure that all Americans get adequate medical insurance - and even Republicans who have gained coverage under ACA are mostly happy about that!

The concept that a company can be "Christian" is patently ludicrous.

I find the idea that a "company" can and must be issue neutral to be ludicrous. It hilarious!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Isn't it fascinating when these people are so willing to show everyone how childish and pathetic they are while demanding you pay for there sex life...

And in every insurance policy I've ever heard of, once they go from being contraception to necessary medication, they get paid for no matter what. In other words, they stop being contraception and become medication. There is a difference. One is elective and the other is not.

That is not true, you might of just been told by a doctor

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Obamacare originated in the House as H.R. 3590, and it was originally called the “Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009.” Yes, it was amended, and amended heavily, in the Senate, but the Constitution says of revenue bills, “the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.”

Source

link   

Yah I know that. But not everyone on the left supports everything the Dems do just like not everyone on the Right supports what the Reps. do.

Thinking and spreading that kind of info just causes more division and nothing ever gets done except more fighting.

link   

Actually, according to the itemized bill I receive monthly.
A hefty portion of my premium is listed as a tax.

I also do not think anyone should be paying for penile implants or week after drugs.
Those that want or need contraceptive/enhancement coverage should have special riders.....just like the real insurance plan I have on my house.
Thanks to this unACA...I can no longer afford to go to the doctor.

And, Blaine is correct...we'll see lots of bills that will go nowhere...as members run for reelection.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: spurgeonatorsrevenge

You want to go there? But it's good that you understand that an abortion is a murder.

I would love to go there! It is very interesting that pro life people could give half a rats ass for the living. Take away assistance for the hungry, fine with capital punishment and don't seem to have any qualms about having the US government kill people, provided they sanction the killing. You know its true

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Obamacare originated in the House as H.R. 3590, and it was originally called the “Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009.” Yes, it was amended, and amended heavily, in the Senate, but the Constitution says of revenue bills, “the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.”

Source

I honestly don't care.

Considering the ACA has been changed OVER 40 times.

FORTY !

Almost half done by the potus unilaterally.

www.galen.org...

The ACA has been changed so much is not the same trash it was when the DEMOCRATICALLY controlled HOUSE, and SENATE passed for signing in to law.

Too LATE to say it matters now.
edit on 10-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It would seem to me that if there are only 1.5 million woman that use contraceptive's for the progestin, estrogen or what ever else they may need for female problems that a doctor would prescribe what they need in a prescription so it would be covered by healthcare providers rather then having to pay for the other 160 + million woman that just use contraceptive's for there personal sex lives'.

But you can't build a base with a mere 1.5 million so I guess common sense is not an option. IMO

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Actually, according to the itemized bill I receive monthly.
A hefty portion of my premium is listed as a tax.

I was wrong. It is considered a tax, but it was originated in the House. See my previous post.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That is because they want their jobs and MONEY. As it has ALWAYS been and YOU are the CHEERleader for the voice of their opponents.
It is void of function or fact outside of POLITICS which ,I don't know about you ,but I hate them.

edit on 10-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Why is it that everyone complains about "Paying for women's sex life" or something to that effect but those same people never bi*tch about "Paying for men's sex life"??? The ACA pays for Erectile dysfunction drugs, Vacuum erection devices, Penile implants, Vasectomies and Circumcision.

Did you know there's been a male contraceptive pill for years.

Oh yeah! It sits on shelves somewhere because men refused to use it. They couldn't sell it. Men weren't willing to risk chemicals damaging the family jewels.

Let the women take the risk ---- along with ALL the responsibility.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't think anything you mentioned should be covered any more then contraceptive's... anything else ?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I have heard of that actually but didn't realize they actually had it for sale yet. That's crazy, I would totally take it!!!

I can't believe that men would actually be so stupid to refuse it and let women take all the responsibility!! If it was available I would take it in a heartbeat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join