It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slider recipes. Give us your best.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
So, not to be naive, but up until about a week ago, I have never heard of these little gems.

For those not in the know, Sliders are basically mini hamburgers with various toppings and fillings. I'm planning a slider night going on the hundreds of different recipes across the internet I have found.

So to the foodies of ATS, what is your favorite or unusual slider recipe? I've seen everything from beef to pork and seafood and beyond out there, so I'd love to hear from you guys as to your personal or unique recipes for Sliders.

Have at it ATS.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

My burger recipe (I know this is about sliders) is chop some cabbage,some red and green pepper,onions and garlic than add some worchestershire sauce.
Mix them all together,add an egg and chop a slice of bread up and add it to hold it all together.

If done right....no condiments are needed because it tastes amazing as is.

Edit...no big chunks,mince everything.

edit on 10-7-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

That's cool, the burgers are just as important as the filler, so totally relevant.

BTW, that sounds like a really delicious combination, will definitely have to try it.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I keep it simple. Small burgers (I mix garlic and onion with the meat) and I put them on dinner rolls. You need to saute' some onions to put on them as you plate them, but just like that, they are tiny buns of heaven.

Or if it's 3am and you are FUBAR, just go to White Castle or Crystal burger and find out why they call them "sliders".

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Start with 80/20 ground beef. Put it in a mixing bowl. Cook some bacon. Mince garlic, onion, mushroom and just a little jalapeno. crush the bacon after its cool then add all that to the bowl. Mix. Add enough Worcestershire while mixing to color the meat. cook in your preferred manner. place on your flavor of bun, add provolone cheese and whatever topping your little heart desires. Eat. Die happy.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I have been craving a burger on a bun for a few months thanks to this Celiacs. I finally found some tiny little gluten free rolls last week and made up some sliders. I kept it simple and just mixed some bacon and shredded Parmesan cheese into them and melted a little munster on top with fresh lettuce out of the garden and some vidalia onion. They were divine! I'm sure that having a real burger on a real bun helped though. They were a touch on the tender side, but because they were so small they held together beautifully.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It's to much work to make them at home when you can buy them by the sack full at places like....

In and Out

White Castle

Elavation

GoBurger

Five Guys

But when I do make them at home I just take a commercial meatball out of the sack, mash it flat, sprinkle on some Tabasco or Carlos redass and put it in the micro wave. For the bun I use a Tango bay cheddar biscuts.

edit on 10-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I recently tried mixing sriracha into the hamburger meat. Then make the party and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook like normal and then top with bacon and cheese (I used Gouda, the smoky taste worked well with the sriracha in my opinion).

Of course, I'm biased here, I've been on a huge sriracha obsession lately!

top topics

join