It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mysterious sound is driving people insane, it’s spreading — and nobody knows what’s causing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

The humming noises according to the article are increasing... hummmm... one thing I found interesting with the article was a map displaying the reported humming locations... Have any of our members experienced the humming without the insane part ?

July 2014 – PARANORMAL – Some Hum investigators like University of Oklahoma geophysicist David Deming suspect that there’s a global source responsible for the Hum worldwide. “It’s a very, very low wavelength noise, perhaps between 50 or 56 Hz,” Moir told Mic. “And it’s extremely difficult to stop infrasound because it can have a wavelength of up to 10 meters, and you’d need around 2.5 meter thick walls, built with normal materials, to keep it out. It gets into our wooden houses very easily. And part of the reason people have so much trouble identifying the source of it is because of how low frequency the Hum is: It literally moves right through your head before you can figure out which ear picked it up first.” Deming’s research, considered close to authoritative in the Hum community, suggests that evidence of the Hum corresponds with an accidental, biological consequence of the “Take Charge and Move Out” (TACAMO) system adopted by the US Navy in the 1960s

VLF theory and the U.S. Navy seems to be one theory that is constantly brought up when the hum is mentioned... Probably all they have to go on, No?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
why it's always USA?

UFO's, alien abductions, chupacabra, humming noises, strange lights, ground ratlling and other phenomena are (as far as I know) experienced mostly or in big part by Americans...

can you confirm this or deny?

is it too much drugs, pills and so on or there could be some other sources of the phenomena, military projects like the one you have mentioned?

afterall, USA is probably the most important place to be for any kind of material force...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yes, I'd go the navy line.

Some ELF information here

This next one is the tip of the iceberg;

Deafening Whales and Dolphins

Some more damming information;

Right Here

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
It's probably the earth speaking to the human species "Stop killing me" ya know?...It is alive, after all.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I think the hums people hear are more the result of electromagnetic pollution which now bathes much of the planet to allow us to use all of those wireless devices we enjoy using so much.

Same as light pollution was addressed in the past, which was not considered to be a problem until humans realized some species rely on the natural light cycles that existed long before we created our artificial reality and knocked everything out of whack.

Knocking things out of whack is really just about all humans are really any good at, and of course if there weren't any profit to be made from it, it wouldn't happen nearly as often.

These types of things almost always happen because the deleterious effects of technology are not considered before the technology becomes widely used, like the plastic we see everywhere and the supposed anthropogenic CO2 issues we have created....

link   

Yep, I've been hearing it for a few years almost every day.
Still not insane.

link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

From your last link: Pierce Brosnan: Save Whales, Stop Deadly Navy Sonar! - NRDC

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
50-56 Hz is not in the range of infrasound, so I don't know how 'expert' from the article came to that conclusion.

“It’s a very, very low wavelength noise"

I agree it's a low frequency, but it is also widely used in modern music as a 'sub bass'.
edit on 10-7-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

It's a common occurrence where I live, I well remember my old-man telling me about it when I was younger. Many theories abound, but generally the consensus is that it's likely large vessels at sea (I live on an island 9x5 miles in the English Channel, roughly 18 miles off of the coast of France), or cargo aircraft flying overhead, although I've no idea what it truly is. The hum we hear is often loud enough to wake us up, and getting back to sleep isn't such a nightmare simply because of the noise, it's the lying there trying to figure it out!

(The link is titled 'Mystery Hum in St-Ouen: Unexplained sound intensifies in Channel Islands,NJ', they can be forgiven, easy mistake, the article also claims that the hum first began in 2005, in fact it has been heard locally for much much longer than that) ~ strangesounds.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
50-56 Hz is not in the range of infrasound, so I don't know how 'expert' from the article came to that conclusion.

Probably like a friend of mine who sent me an email declaring he was now a chemical engineer because he could take large quantities of beer and wine and turn them into some of the finest urine.. One in every crowd !

> HAROLD SAYS: "I've often been asked, 'What do you do now that you're retired?
>
> 'Well...I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things
> I enjoy most is converting beer, wine and whiskey into urine. It's rewarding, uplifting, satisfying and fulfilling.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Sometimes a more mundane explanation can be readily found.

Almost all countries in the world use a domestic power supply at either 50Hz or 60Hz.

With the US having an aging infrastructure combined with the attitude of most companies that supply power to wait till it blows before fixing anything, the problem may simply be one of equipment getting old.

As well, the US power demands continue to rise and the additional power needed is piped through this aging infrastructure of power transformers and wires.

P

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Cool thread OP..

I would just like to say these hums/groans/low frequency sounds/booms are not isolated to the US alone.It is occurring here in Europe as well.This is no mystery to those in the know.These 'sounds' are a result of the rock layers (under colossal friction) rubbing against each other or indeed stretching.

The Eurasian plate is stretching, as is north America,these sounds have been recorded in Belarus and Kiev, to name just a few.

Another sign/s of the severe plate movements the planet is undergoing (due to gravitational interactions with planet X/brown dwarf) are sinkholes where there are voids created in the stretch zones,therefore the topsoil collapses into this void.Also methane is released when the strata pulls apart,hence we have 'mass die offs' because birds and fish are very sensitive to this.More examples are building collapses,train derailments,mine collapses,gas and water mains/pipes breaking/exploding..these are all due to crustal displacement..

THOSE IN CONTROL ARE COVERING THIS UP-in worldwide cooperation...will the readers look into this further? i hope so..unfortunately your life is worthless to the evil that rules this world..use basic geographic and geological knowledge,common sense and a wee bit of intuition and you will know where to hold out this impending 'roller coaster ride' -skills in hunting,water purification etc will be useful too and of coarse avoid the major cities.

When the next civilisation after these events gains foothold again (as has happened over and over again in this planets history) i hope to be one of those people who can make it a decent place next time round and i will not tolerate any of the authorities that have made a mess of this place presently..it is time for true freedom.

This is serious Guys..make a plan
-check poleshift.ning for info-

edit on 10-7-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

\i find this stuff really interesting because...lately myself and several other members have been having their ears ringing. I don't hear the noises people are speaking of but my ears would ring every day. I have since left the USA and moved to another country and my ears no longer ring. This is no bull# but I really do think it was something in my environment back in the states. There is a thread around here somewhere about people's ears ringing...ill try to find it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have not personally heard "the hum" yet (nor do I really ever want to actually. Something about the noise just strikes a primal WRONG chord with me and it makes me cringe and go all cold and clammy whenever I hear it on youtube etc) but it's so strange that this has been happening for years and there is nothing to peg the blame on yet solidly. I know it has been theorized that it could be tectonic but also theorized that it could be militarily related. You'd think something so widespread and strange would incur a bit more research than it has thus far.

Also, all due respect, please let the Nibiru thing die. There is not nor has there ever been a Nibiru. If it's so impending, where are the telescope images? You don't believe the "powers that be" would produce images? Fine. Where are all of the images by amateur astronomers then? They have no reason to keep things hush hush if they see something fascinating or never discovered before. The physics also do not match up. There is no physically possible way that Nibiru is close or impending. Where are the other gravitational changes? Where are the reactions of other planets? No one has been thrown off of orbit yet. This is just a fear mongering theory and it's caused more harm than good. I think it's time to finally let it rest. I thought it WAS gone for a while now because discussion about it has come almost to a halt. I suppose not.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

errrrm.

Nothing to add.

Except.

I remember reading about it on ATS a long time ago and thought it was the end of it.

Other than that I agree with 'happydog' up above that its to do with the 'Grid' and our power consumption. maybe its a warning that we are using too much or maybe the Planet is about to shoot off to another Galaxy.
edit on CDTThu, 10 Jul 2014 10:59:57 -0500u3110x157x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
on a spur of the moment spontaneous whimsical theory ... i'll go with:

various fluctations in teh earths electromagnetic field around the globe as it dynamically weakens, that some supersensetive people are able to detect, cos like most if not all other species, we are in tune with this aspect of nature at some level, and likely rely on it when we're at our most harmonious .. yadda yadda etc etc

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is an accoustic rather than EM phenomena. I'd expect one of the most plausible explanations to be turbulent flow conditions in large pipelines. It's a man-made thing.

Ever open or close a faucet and it makes that annoying humming, whistling, or squealing noise? Picture the same thing happening with a valve that's around 3ft in diameter. The vibration would be occuring at a much lower frequency, more felt than heard. Then you have that noise carrying through some distance of the pipe (about a mile or so), and then diffused outwards since pipes are typically underground. It makes it rather hard to locate the exact source.

The act of pumping a fluid can also introduce noise into a pipeline system. Basically you get a pressure fluctiation, which is a standing pressure wave. If you were watching a pressure guage on the system it would flutter a bit under those conditions. Usually the frequency of this would be in relation to the RPM of the pumping unit, either an electric or diesel motor. Not all pumps continously operate at the same speed, so they may vary depending on load.

Occassionally regulator valves can flutter a bit too, depending on how they're set. It might not evenly settle on a pressure, and the valve will open and close at a frequency that creates a hum.

In any of these cases, if the right conditions are met, harmonics can occur to amplify that sound just like an organ pipe. On occasions where it hits that right frequency and some sections of pipeline would get rather loud compared to typical operation.

Compare these noise event maps with maps showing major pipelines (water/natural gas/oil) and pumping or valve stations, and it seems the majority overlap. It's something that likely could be verified if a person experiencing the phenomena knows the locale well enough to track down and identify the source.

And a good but humrous example that shows somebody having fun with their own little hummmm...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I hear it, but not all the time. During the day it is drowned out by traffic, but when its quiet late at night you can hear it. Its about 30-35Hz.

Heaps of threads about it. I have read a lot on it because I want to know what it is, the most creepiest thing I read was a woman's account of what here daughter said when they were both experiencing it.

CHILD: mom,? that sounds, they are dripping like the sky, they are frighten us.
WOMAN: how do you think, what is that sound?
CHILD: i know, they are dripping on the sky , they are far away, there is scary, they are scary... i want to watch them in a microscope
WOMAN: you can't watch the sounds in microscope
CHILD: and microbes then? is there microbes in ..(microscope)

www.bookofresearch.com...

I dont know of the legitimacy of that website but that I found somewhat disturbing.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Just a follow up...

Took me a little while, but I'm not kidding about how strongly they overlap. Some smart and diligent investigation via footwork on the ground can probably root out the offending noise pollution sources.

top topics

join