It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. American vows to never return

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CT_Flyboy
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

How original! I bet it took all day for you to come up with this very old saying, huh?

BTW I left the door open so the rats could come in.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

How original! I bet it took all day for you to come up with this very old saying, huh?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Good for you, man, live it up wherever you deem fit for you

I also feel compelled to remind my fellow "patriotic" Americans to lump it. It's a big planet outside our borders, and you don't get to chide someone for deciding to live elsewhere. One man's trash is another man's treasure, YK? You might think this is the bee's knees here, but it might be a putrid cesspit beyond repair to someone else. The same applies in reverse. Perspective, and an open mind, counts more than beating the red, white & blue guilt trip drum ad nauseam.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Good for you, man, live it up wherever you deem fit for you

I also feel compelled to remind my fellow "patriotic" Americans to lump it. It's a big planet outside our borders, and you don't get to chide someone for deciding to live elsewhere. One man's trash is another man's treasure, YK? You might think this is the bee's knees here, but it might be a putrid cesspit beyond repair to someone else. The same applies in reverse. Perspective, and an open mind, counts more than beating the red, white & blue guilt trip drum ad nauseam.

Hi!

Thanks for you post.

Glad to see some Americans are wise enough (like you) who see the delusion.

I use to be blind to the truth about what America stands for but have woken up and can smell the BS!

God Bless.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
What if we had the courage to work towards solutions instead of bitch about the problems?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ronin542
What if we had the courage to work towards solutions instead of bitch about the problems?

At this point in time with how deep the corruption is .. how oppressive the regime is becoming there is only one logical option for any real chance to fix it and that is flat out revolution which for several reasons will never happen. Short of that nothing will change over there.

Why live under an oppressive regime when theres places one can have a good quality of life and far more freedom from oppression ?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You make it sound so easy so why don't you solve America's problems?

So tell me what is the solution?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

At this point in time with how deep the corruption is .. how oppressive the regime is becoming there is only one logical option for any real chance to fix it and that is flat out revolution which for several reasons will never happen. Short of that nothing will change over there.

Why live under an oppressive regime when theres places one can have a good quality of life and far more freedom from oppression ?

Hi Expat888,

Winner winner chicken dinner! You have hit the nail on the head!

The American people (not all) have gotten to fat, lazy, being hyponotized in front of their TV's, many men (not all) have become pussified (a Steven Quayle term)

Only once our children are slain on our streets, people being locked up without proper representation and our elderly dying in FEMA camps will most people wake up. Again as I have said in the past... it will be too late. Your 12 gauge shotgun does not work very well against a tank or an F18A.

And you preppers bragging on TV and around town showing everyone what you are storing for food supplies etc.... and discussing your plans with others....... you will not have a chance. You should be careful because right now there are plenty of hungry Americans out there and they don't need a war to come get your food and supplies.
edit on 12-7-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I understand the way you feel. I've been working outside of the US for over 4 years since 2008, and I'm in no hurry to return either. My pay and benefits are better, I live right next to the beach, and the weather is great (I'm from Oregon and got sick of all the rain)! When the missiles are not flying overhead, it's a pretty nice place...

I see the US sliding downhill faster and faster with nothing good to come any time soon. I'll probably go back eventually, but that all depends on my work situation (work visa approval), and how long the wife can take living here. The big problem for her is that she gets bored - can't work (no work visa), can't speak/read the language - but that is our fault for being lazy Americans and since many people here speak English it is fairly easy to get by.

There are some things I miss about the US, but most of those are related to cost and selection of consumer items. Once you get past that, I have no big motivator to return. Whenever I do return, I'll take a sizable pay cut, lose the company car and free gas.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

So you hate the Government but want to keep the money. Sounds about right for a fickle patriot. Going gets tough....screw it. We need strong people here to change the Country back into what it should be. Bye!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

WOW, you must be brilliant, you had to post the same thing 5 TIMES! Not that I need to explain myself but another old saying that applies to someone who cuts and runs is; "If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem."

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

What exactly are the problems and toughness going on that you are personally doing something about to fix, since it sounds like you're still in the bucket?

Well for starters, I am employed, and by staying employed I am paying taxes. I am getting more education to add to my existing college education to ensure that I have the skills to stay employed. In doing this I am also encouraging everyone I know to further their education. Let's face it, the more people that are employed, the better off they will be and in turn they are a lesser burden on the government dime.

I just sent in another voter registration card today to be exact, just to make sure I can vote this next coming election. I don't know if voting helps anymore but you can sure bet that I will be at the next poll exercising my right, and if enough people do this there can be change. People need to educate themselves on who they should vote for and where they stand on the issues.

I know it isn't much, but one thing I do know is that you will not be seeing my family and I running from the issues.

As I have stated many times here before, my family roots here in the US trace back to the late 1600's. There is no way in the hell I am going to do my ancestors a disservice and cut and run because things get tough. Our issues are nothing ompared to what they went through. To many people lack a sense of pride today, family pride, cultural pride, national pride, and self pride.

To make this place a better place for our children we must first start here at home, in the now.

edit on 12-7-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Good luck with that.

Run from your problems much.

When the going gets tough, let's split, that will fix it.

This is the answer that I expected from this thread. "The tough get busy and the weak get outa the way!" bull#...

If you were able to read the wisdom from the OP, you'd quit with the same old diatribe. Stay and do what exactly??? Ha ha! You've been busy changing the television dependent, Dorito eating, big mack slopping, pizza box liking amaracan into a more productive, culturally sensitive, responsible fast food glutton have you???

I Lived over 46 years in the states and still call it my home but its anything but a welcoming environment. I miss the Rockies, the forests, the cold, shark filled oceans of my Pacific Northwest home but the fat, lazy, entirely complacent mindset perfectly hooded onto the majority of amaracans along with a healthy dose of fear and warning have proved too much for the average citizen it seems. Roll over and call pussy on anyone with intelligence enough to get out isn't helping amaraca there sport.

I'll admit that placing every amaracan in the fat, commercially dependent MC lifestyle maybe isn't fair but giving a fair shake to the rest of the planet isn't such a bad thing either!

The "gotta be an amaracan to be strong and ya gotta be strong to be an amaracan silliness is just that...Silliness. Whatever it is that you think you're doing to better the situation from your perch of bull# media and over advertizing nascar races, I'd bet I can do from my home in Thailand just as well.

After reading my reply, it seems more harsh than I intended it to be but it says what I wanted it to say... Cheers and much love. If you can tell me how moving back to the states will help, I'd do it in a second.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I agree to an extent with the OP, most people outside the US view Americans as too overbearing and full of their own self importance. I see it reguarly here in the Philippines, Americans are loud, sometimes abrasive and try to lecture anyone who does not agree with their skewed point of view. I call it the star spangled blindfold syndrome, they view America as the worlds saviour, the biggest military force so don't mess with us, a bit like the playground bully.

In my opinion 50 years ago America was a place that people from around the world either wanted to live, or wanted their country to adopt the same laws and constitution for their people. They saw a free society that people could aspire to live their dreams, they saw laws and a constitution to protect its people and their civil liberties. Since then that constitution has been watered down so much by executive orders it is not recognisable, America continues to interfere in countries around the world that creates resentment by the local populace and surrounding Governments alike.

So many Americans prefer to stay at home and don't venture outside the US, many Americans have no idea what goes on outside the US. I remember talking to an American couple on a boat in the Philippines, they asked where I was from and when I said Ireland, they were confused at me being here saying that they thought all Irish people were not allowed to leave Ireland, and had to get special permission to leave the country. I was even more surprised to find out they operated a travel company, now figure that one out.

I do disagree when the OP claims America should have fought Japan only, if that was the case then it would have been easier for Hitler to take Europe. Once that was achieved then America would have been the next conquest for Hitler, he would not have left Japan to fight alone against the only real threat outside Europe. There has been a systematic and organised effort by TPTB to use America in wars, to dilute the constitution, to dumb down the people and distract them from whats real or important.

It is only the American people who can change this, I believe though that it has gone too far and the horse has already bolted.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: Philippines

What exactly are the problems and toughness going on that you are personally doing something about to fix, since it sounds like you're still in the bucket?

Well for starters, I am employed, and by staying employed I am paying taxes. I am getting more education to add to my existing college education to ensure that I have the skills to stay employed. In doing this I am also encouraging everyone I know to further their education. Let's face it, the more people that are employed, the better off they will be and in turn they are a lesser burden on the government dime.

I just sent in another voter registration card today to be exact, just to make sure I can vote this next coming election. I don't know if voting helps anymore but you can sure bet that I will be at the next poll exercising my right, and if enough people do this there can be change. People need to educate themselves on who they should vote for and where they stand on the issues.

I know it isn't much, but one thing I do know is that you will not be seeing my family and I running from the issues.

As I have stated many times here before, my family roots here in the US trace back to the late 1600's. There is no way in the hell I am going to do my ancestors a disservice and cut and run because things get tough. Our issues are nothing ompared to what they went through. To many people lack a sense of pride today, family pride, cultural pride, national pride, and self pride.

To make this place a better place for our children we must first start here at home, in the now.

In short, you are doing exactly what the government wants you to do. Work your job. Pay your taxes and obey. You can even vote, not that it will change much.

I personally don't see what actions you are doing to "fix it". It sounds like the same routine as every other average citizen. What is the problem(s) that you see with the nation in the first place? Can you define it?

It also sounds like your ancestors "cut and run" to get to the USA. Why is that?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but,

As I have stated many times here before, my family roots here in the US trace back to the late 1600's. There is no way in the hell I am going to do my ancestors a disservice and cut and run because things get tough. Our issues are nothing ompared to what they went through. To many people lack a sense of pride today, family pride, cultural pride, national pride, and self pride. Text

Pride comes before the fall...........

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: spookysully

Hi,

I agree:

Moving back to U.S. will not fix anything.

As a matter of fact the U.S. government including local city governments are doing nothing to fix the problem. To fix the problem we have to start over from the begining because right now....... the wrong people are deeply embedded into the system and the only way you will remove these people is not by voting but by removal through "force" and this will never happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join