It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Nazi Iron Cross" Used For Helicopter Landing Pad On Plum Island.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I searched and didn't see this posted. Facilities seemed like the best place to put it. If not MODS could you please put it in it's correct place. Thanks

Project Paperclip has Nazi scientist who worked on using insects to spread disease being brought to America after WW2. I think he worked on Plum Island. I was reading about Lyme Disease which is spread through ticks and found the town Lyme & East or West Lyme sitting not far off the island. Then i just starting looking at the place on Google Earth and found this heli-pad with what looks just like the Nazi Cross. You can use any symbol resembling a cross for a heli-pad I guess. What are the odds they decided to use this style in this place. Nazi scientist who use insects to spread disease. A disease carried from an insect with the same name as the town directly across from this island. A Nazi Cross for a heli-pad. Pretty interesting is not scary stuff to look into. You can "Startpage" or "Duckduckgo" Plum island or Project Paperclip" for this & much more. I don't say "Google" because the 2 search engines I said have better results with much more privacy.

I am trying to uploaded photos for the first time. Hopefully it works. Thanks for taking your time to read my rambling!

And just for some UFO Fun. The one photo that is provided to click on the island is this Ariel shot. and in the bottom corner is something like a UFO. or not but since the conspiracy is cooking might as well add some flavor.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It isn't a "Nazi Cross".

The German forces adopted The Cross Pattee as their emblem. Nazi's controlled German forces and were paramilitary to them as well. The Germans using the cross pattee is kinda like the USA's White 5 Pointed Star's or the Canadian Maple Leaf. Minus the Nazi's of course......
The pattern has a long history it seems dating as far back as the 1200's. Perhaps even further.

Cross Pattee

Take note of the

Other uses[edit]
Question book-new.svg
This section does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (November 2008)
The cross pattée is also placed before the name of the bishop who issues a Catholic imprimatur, and is occasionally found as a map symbol indicating the location of a Christian site.

It appears in the emblem of:

The Victoria Cross.
The Distinguished Flying Cross (United States)
F.C. Paços de Ferreira, a Portuguese football club.
C.F. Os Belenenses, a Lisboeta football club.
The Sir Knight, Geneva Glen Camp's Highest rank in the orders
The Knights of Columbus, designed in 1883, and called a "cross formée"
Independent Truck Company, a manufacturer of skating equipment (in the alisée form, with the ends of the arms in the shape of arcs of an enclosing circle).
The Crossmen Drum and Bugle Corps.
Schneider Cams, a speed equipment manufacturer.
Club de Regatas Vasco da Gama, a Brazilian sports club.
Neath RFC, a rugby team.
FC Volyn Lutsk, a Ukrainian football club.
Black Label Society, a heavy metal band
It is also associated with the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity.

Derivatives of the cross pattée are popular amongst bikers, hot rodders and metalheads.

Firefighters, especially in the United States, commonly use a version with triangular arms for patches and medals, though the cross pattée and the cross of St. Florian are both commonly mistaken for the Maltese cross. The cross pattée is used on the Marksmanship Badge in the United States Army, and United States Marine Corps.

edit on thpamThu, 10 Jul 2014 00:32:16 -0500k1407America/Chicago1032 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The "iron cross" is not a nazi symbol...

And btw... here it is again, on a luftwaffe eurofighter

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

lol, and there is a German flag on the tail...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NotSoAnonymous

The Iron Cross is not solely a Nazi symbol, it goes back to 1813 and even before. Kaiser Wilhelm of "Prussia/Germany" used its symbolism widely.

Now.. if there was a swastika inscribed inside of it then it would be a Nazi Iron cross.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Christopher Columbus's ships Nina & Pinta (not sure about the Santa Maria) are popularly portrayed as displaying the cross on their sails at the time of their voyage in 1492:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Looks like a landing pad for a helicopter. The triangles are painted like that so the pilot can lineup his main rotor blade for a pinpoint landing on the pad.
edit on 10-7-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Those triangle shapes are easy to read from a distance and have been used for a very long time by many, including the Nazis...

They were pretty smart guys, so they would use something like that too it just freaks some out now when that symbol is seen .

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

lol, and there is a German flag on the tail...

Stormy... its the Luftwaffe. lol... What did you expect, the national flag from Burundi?

Joking... Burundi doesnt have Eurofighters... hehe

But yea that was the purpose of that picture... to show that the "nazi" cross is "omg still alive in germany... of all places!!!!!" lol

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

But yea that was the purpose of that picture... to show that the "nazi" cross is "omg still alive in germany... of all places!!!!!" lol

So just because it has an Iron Cross and it's from Germany it has to be a Nazi?

Here about the Iron Cross.

www.wehrmacht-awards.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Nazi's used this but people are correct its not a Nazi emblem. Nazi's were a political party in Germany. Don't confuse Nazi with Germany. It was a political movement that took over a country most German soldiers weren't even associated with the Nazi party. They were stuck in a bad situation. The Teutonic Knights used this way back in the crusades.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

So just because it has an Iron Cross and it's from Germany it has to be a Nazi?

Here about the Iron Cross.

www.wehrmacht-awards.com...

dude... you completely missed it. I mean... wow! Were you like that at school? lol All that attention deficit, not reading, just firing the first thing that comes to your head without even bothering to understand what people were saying and just barging in into conversations... lol

Seriously... the cross goes way before that, but thanks for giving your input.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
HEIL HYDRA!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
Those triangle shapes are easy to read from a distance and have been used for a very long time by many, including the Nazis...

They were pretty smart guys, so they would use something like that too it just freaks some out now when that symbol is seen .

just like the "swastika" freaks people out now, especially Jews. even when it is not the reversed and stood on corner version that was used as Nazi symbolism.

one of the most amusing things i have seen was on a class trip to the many different religious buildings we had in the area. on that trip we went to an orthodox synagogue, an Greek orthodox cathedral, a Muslim mosque and conservative synagogue that actually shared a parking lot between them, and a Buddhist temple (and a few others) that were in the area. now my school had a very high population of Jews in it. when we walked into the Buddhist temple quite a few of my fellow students started to majorly freak out. "oh my god they HATE US", "they must want to kill us all", "we need to call the police about all this HATRED against the Jews". there were "swastikas" EVERYWHERE, as border designs on just about every shrine and decorations on just about every surface. i honestly thought some would have a coronary or something. the sheer panic that was radiating from these classmates was just completely insane. at about that point a very nice monk came over and worked with the teachers to calm them down, seriously they were hysterical. after getting them calmed down so that people he then explained what the symbol meant to him.

lets face it ALL of the "Nazi" symbols and even their salute were borrowed from other sources. you might even say that the Nazis corrupted or contaminated these symbols by their use of them. so to see any Nazi symbol anywhere is not necessarily anything to do with the Nazis. even the award the Iron Cross itself was an award in Germany before the Nazi party even existed. in fact Hitler himself won an Iron Cross, second class in 1914, and an Iron Cross, first class in 1918, both during world war one.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

\i think the germans still actually use the cross all the time....what is interesting is very rarely will a german fly their countries flag in their yard. When I was over there one german once told me that was what he liked about America most is that they were so protective and proud of their flag, but it was a bit taboo for them to be so into it. Weird! Considering most citizens of the usa probably really don't care about the flag!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

\i think the germans still actually use the cross all the time....what is interesting is very rarely will a german fly their countries flag in their yard. When I was over there one german once told me that was what he liked about America most is that they were so protective and proud of their flag, but it was a bit taboo for them to be so into it. Weird! Considering most citizens of the usa probably really don't care about the flag!

i suspect that would be due to WW2. the Nazi party flag was literally everywhere patriotism was itself a huge motivator both for the Nazi party and the war, both as propaganda and recruiting. children were taught patriotism for both Germany as a fighting power and the Nazi party from an early age, both through school and their version of "boy scouts/girl scouts" the Hitler Youth . which was geared directly for not only loyalty to the Party and Germany, but was also used as early military training much like the "military cadets" of today. patriotism was a huge part of this, indoctrination.

so in the aftermath especially in the Soviet sectors any signs of patriotism would be cause for suspicion of being Nazi supporters. rather like sticking your head up to have it removed. i'm sure that mindset of not showing patriotism was rather enforced by the occupiers afraid of Germany rising up militarily force once again.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Dont forget the knights Templar

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm like a VAST majority of the people on this planet. When I see a cross of any kind, RUN! It is the one Pagan symbol that we as Pagans DO NOT keep in our house, ever. I went to catholic school for 8 yrs. Realizing the guy who wrote the bible is a psycopath took a little bit longer.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Uhh...you guys ever heard of Resident Evil - Raccoon City-Umberlla Corp?

Pathogens escaping from a secret test facility turning people into Zombies...Plumb Island secret test facility...etc.

Pictures always tell a story...maybe a sick joke???

Investigate Lyme Disease right across the LI Sound from Lyme CT is Plumb Island where by chance was the 1st case of Lyme Disease.
lol

Coincidence - sure.

edit on 11-7-2014 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I feel your pain, dude - sometimes posting on ATS is more painful than performing a self vasectomy... You did make yourself quite clear and still, some people failed, in epic style, to get your point.

The "Iron Cross" lives on in the Bundeswehr (German Army) as the Cross of Honour for Valour
edit on 12/7/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join