It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Assume it all..."

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: November5
*thanks God for privacy*

See...I knew I could find a way to help you understand the importance of privacy...

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: denybedoomed
Run, dude. This one's a level 5 clinger.a reply to: Destinyone

sshhhhhhhh....don't tell him about my soundproofed basement with the chains attached to the walls...don't wanna scare him off ya know..

This one's a keeper...forever and ever and ever keeper....sigh...be still my beating heart....

Des

"I'm reminded of the phrase, making a deal with the devil."

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

*thanks God for privacy*

See...I knew I could find a way to help you understand the importance of privacy...

Des

[insert laughter noise] naw, it ain't even like that. i'm reminded of the second ammendment...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
One of the few times a pic says it all

Okay maybe 2

People don't want the details of their lives pried into by creepy ex-girlfriends, or by faceless government agents.

edit on 10-7-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I fully trust the universal expression/consciousness that envelops us, and has permitted the development of the current system we live under. Totally secure while totally exposed.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Exactly!!!

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Exactly!!!

Des

That's it! This time I am gunna report ya!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I fully trust the universal expression/consciousness that envelops us, and has permitted the development of the current system we live under. Totally secure while totally exposed.

Really? I used to drink grape Kool-Aid myself...til I found out it was bad for me.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Really? I used to drink grape Kool-Aid myself...til I found out it was bad for me.

I'm not sure I understand your inference in relation to the comment you quoted.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I just find it difficult to believe you trust the "current system" 100% unconditionally. How did you find your way to ATS exactly? Come onnn, do you really think the 'system' selflessly has all our best interests at heart?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: November5

Awwww...calm down Sweet Pea....

Here, drink this...100% Gubbmint approved for all ages...

Now, you won't have to worry about anything ever again...Uncle Gubbmint gonna take good care of you.

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
How about the busybodies of the world learn to mind their own damn business instead of poking their noses where they dont belong.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I just find it difficult to believe you trust the "current system" 100% unconditionally. How did you find your way to ATS exactly? Come onnn, do you really think the 'system' selflessly has all our best interests at heart?

To get into a reply for that would require some unrelated subjects and I don't want to get away from the OP. I believe like everything else, the system is evolving. It has plenty of shortcomings, and in a way, I guess that's part of our collective karma. To do what we can when we can, to change what we can change.

This is the second time in 2 days people have used a koolaid reference toward me. I don't get it. I'm not the one huddled together talking about how they're taking your privacy away and we gotta fight to get it back. It's done. Forget about it. Even if they never admit it, which is what you require to know that they are doing it, even if they don't admit it, they're doing, and are going to do it. How does that make me the koolaid drinker?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

It doesn't make you a kool aid drinker...it makes you a full blown victim of apathy.

That is what I see as the one single human element keeping us in a downward spiral of losing our Constitutional rights faster.

Apathy. Plain and simple.

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
It's a great excuse to make you give up your rights granted to you in the constitution. Thanks, but I'll keep mine. Well, actually we really don't have them anymore, Thanks to the Patriot Act, NDAA ect. Welcome to Marshal Law. Osama Bin Laden won. If you doubt me read the stuff, right out of Hitlers playbook.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

It doesn't make you a kool aid drinker...it makes you a full blown victim of apathy.

That is what I see as the one single human element keeping us in a downward spiral of losing our Constitutional rights faster.

Apathy. Plain and simple.

Des

I'm not apathetic. We're talking about one aspect of the control grid, and you have no idea what my thoughts, feelings, and actions are regarding all the rest of it. My point is, there is no privacy anymore. What you need, is to hear the system say, "Yes we have been keeping track of your personal information, and now that you've voiced your concern about it, we'll give it back to you, and sorry for the intrusion." And then, having trusted the very ones who invaded your privacy to begin with to give it back, you become a "koolaid drinker" yourself by believing they aren't back-door monitoring still.

Apathy as the single human element keeping us in a downward spiral? That's a very narrow assesment of the human condition i'd say. I think there's at the very least another element. Hypocrisy. But hey, you go ahead and wave frantically, jump up and down in the same spot, and yell at the top of your lungs til [they] insure your privacy.

They have it all already. Strength comes in challenging them to use what knowledge they have gleaned, against me.

No fear.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I've personally seen no proof *they have it all* They may claim it, but they have not shown me they can back up that claim.

It's a form of fear mongering by the government, to keep us in place. You appear to accept their pablum, lock stock and barrel. I don't. Many I know...don't.

They are working on the infrastructure to have it all...but they aren't there yet.

Hell...look at Obamacare, and the ongoing never ending fiasco of the healthcare website. That should give you some indication of what they are actually capable of...with unlimited funds at that. Throw in the IRS, VA Admin...they just don't have their poop together as much you seem to think they do.

You are the perfect citizen as far as our government is concerned. You bought their crap...now you just sit back and wait for them to finish building it.

I choose to see them for what they are....behind the curve they claim to be in front of.

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I've personally seen no proof *they have it all* They may claim it, but they have not shown me they can back up that claim.

It's a form of fear mongering by the government, to keep us in place. You appear to accept their pablum, lock stock and barrel. I don't. Many I know...don't.

They are working on the infrastructure to have it all...but they aren't there yet.

Hell...look at Obamacare, and the ongoing never ending fiasco of the healthcare website. That should give you some indication of what they are actually capable of...with unlimited funds at that. Throw in the IRS, VA Admin...they just don't have their poop together as much you seem to think they do.

You are the perfect citizen as far as our government is concerned. You bought their crap...now you just sit back and wait for them to finish building it.

I choose to see them for what they are....behind the curve they claim to be in front of.

Des

Proof. Fear-mongering. Pablum. Infrastructure. Obamacare. IRS. VA Admin...in all good humour:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I accept you've come to the end of a rational and logical conversation.

Just remember what they say about people who *assume*....

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I accept you've come to the end of a rational and logical conversation.

Just remember what they say about people who *assume*....

Des

Maybe I should illuminate you as to the title of this thread. I borrowed the line from the movie "Heat". At one point in the movie, the bank robbers suspect that the authorities may be onto them. The conversation includes De Niro exclaiming that the smartest thing they can do, is to assume the authorities have it all. Full surveillance. License plates, phone numbers, 24 hours tails. After their discussion is done, you know what they did? They went ahead and tried to finish the job anyways. Tenacity.

The point? Live free in spite of their attempts to make you live in fear, which is the primary method used to control you. You are controlled by your fears [controlled by yourself], and then they don't have to control you. They just have to sit back and wait for something to happen.

I'm no bank robber, but I understand the intrinsic value of the scene. They probably aren't watching us all, you're right. That doesn't mean we're not being monitored. It's just safer to assume they are [even tho they're probably not], and that you should order your business around that assumption [better safe than sorry]. Again, the metaphor of the security camera that records even when nothing is happening. No one cares when nothing happens. When something does happen, the details are there for investigation. I'm willing to go all the way when it comes to resistance. I just need to feel (once again?) that there is a legitimate threat to my being, including security, before getting hot and bothered by what I think is a non-issue.

Live free or die [to the extent that you can get away with].

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join