It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: charles1952

You're missing the point completely, do you know the west once accused Iraq of trying to build a "super gun", before all this WMD crap? It's just fancy words moulded to fit anything that's needed, and of course, the excuse all along, was to invade Iraq, no-one cared how.

West didn't "accuse" Sadam of building a Supergun.

The west BUILT it for him.

My buddy bought the parts of that "Supergun" after the designer, Gerry Bull got capped by the Mossad and used them to build a 55' sailboat.

Mark Wahlberg sailed that same boat, off into the sunset, in the final scene of 'The Big Hit'.

www.boat-links.com... sistership

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What did all those American troops die for again? Anyone?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

No doubt bout it, the terrorist have been there for years and years with plans on the drawing table. But we assume the university failed to see this coming of were they in on it?
edit on 9-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So the U.S. found no WMD's and now Iraq has dirty bomb material and bio weapons that a cowardly Iraq army ran away and left for the real crazy's to retrieve .

You can't make this stuff up, just when you think you have heard it all another hoard of intoxicated chimps come on scene with loaded revolvers.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Dear Swills,

Reply when (and if) you feel like it. I don't have a smart phone, so it's hard for me to understand how difficult it is to use one.

Surprisingly enough, most of my post really was an effort to understand. I have two questions.

1.) (and this can be legitimately answered yes or no) Do we count Saddam's chemical weapons as WMDs? I'm leaning ever so slightly towards "no," we don't count them as WMDs, but I could easily be wrong.

2.) This is about the question of lying. Was he wrong because of bad intelligence reports? Or did he know exactly what was going on, and clearly and intentionally lie?

Basically, that's about all I was trying to figure out.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Obviously it's gonna be very hard & expensive but he questions still stands, how far will they go?

They already have the money, now they have some key ingredients.

It is not a matter of it being hard or expensive, they do not posses the equipment nor is it available for purchase.

If anyone that possessed unenriched uranium could build a thermonuclear device do you not think they would have done so by now?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kamza

oil
2nd line

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

No, I think this time it's different.

What we know: Al-Baghdadi was held by Americans in prison in Iraq for many years, then set free. Upon regaining his freedom he was originally working toward western objectives inside Syria, hand in hand with al-qaeda. Getting much funding from US at the time for these specific objectives.

Now? I think it is very likely he has gone completely rouge. There is something here we are missing... I am looking to figure out what exactly we are missing... but I'm not thinking this one is being faked at all.

Israel had a plan back in the late '90's. Most of which is being enacted as we speak... I'm trying to figure out if someone like al-Baghdadi was a part of their plan, or a rouge element they didn't anticipate. They anticipate everything... so even now I wonder whose interests he is working for.

Is he rogue, or is he a plan? If he is a plan, the plan has nothing to do with Iraq, it will be an excuse for something else.
edit on 10-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kamza

Doesn't that just tick you off? What a freak'n waste. We sent our good intentioned and self sacrificing citizens into a meat grinder all because people said we could help others and keep peace. Our troops were betrayed.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Shredder36

Actually in this case ingredients for WMD may be leaving Iraq.

Then WMD's may be entering an nation that's an enemy of ISIS and other Muslim extremists.

This is true right here.... they will leave iraq. It's a matter of guessing where they might be planning to use them however...The where will be answered if we can figure out whether or not al-baghdadi is going along with the plan, or a rogue element.
edit on 10-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
We've been feeding and poking the animal for decades. This time it might be out of the cage and upset. Fixing 1000s of years of conflict isn't going to happen, it just drew us in to the mess. Some one over there still wants to be top dog.

It will go on as long as two opposing men are still standing.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I believe he's gone rogue, gone off the reservation. It appears to me that he's said "so long, and thanks for all the fish, but now I'M the emperor here, and I'll do what I damned well please, and all y'all can just bite me".

I believe he is following a plan MUCH older than the plans you mentioned, a plan that has been espoused by both the Muslim Brotherhood and al-Qaeda, the old, old plan they've had for a revival of the caliphate. The friction with those two bodies that has caused so much trouble and consternation there is that Gomer (I ain't callin' that bastard "al-Baghdadi" or "abu Bakr", because he ain't, no matter how badly he wishes he was - so "Gomer", as in "Pyle" it is!) decided it was taking too long, got impatient, and took matters into his OWN hands. He told the other swimmers in the cesspool to go pound salt, declared a caliphate before THEY were ready, so that HE could declare himself kalifa. That of course has bummed out all of the other extremist wannabes who wanted THEMSELVES to be kalifa.

So there we got problems, but they have WORSE problems, fighting amongst themselves over the scraps of caliphate and whatnot.

So now they have the likes of Zawahiri wringing his hands and begging Gomer to play nice by ZAWAHIRI'S rules, and Gomer replying "meh" to the entreaties.

So then we have one of several possibilities - either AQ is "western backed" (per the prevalent conspiracy theories at ATS) and Gomer is NOT, or Gomer is "western backed", and AQ is NOT... or, quite possibly, NEITHER is "western backed", and they're just flinging sand around the sandbox like a couple of kids throwing a temper tantrum for control of the sandbox.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

It will go on as long as two opposing men are still standing.

Oddly enough, I told my wife almost exactly the same thing just yesterday - I advocate for just stepping out of the Middle East altogether, letting them duke it out until only one is left standing, then sending in ONE drone to X that last guy out. We could decommission all the drones but that one, and save a crapload of tax money to boot, and wouldn't have to build the inevitable McDonalds that would come in the aftermath on a bed of radioactive glass!

edit on 2014/7/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

You're missing the point completely, do you know the west once accused Iraq of trying to build a "super gun", before all this WMD crap?

You do realize that Iraq under Saddam declared the supergun project and let UN inspectors in to supervise the destruction.

Supergun System

In response to resolution 687 (1991), Iraq declared a project to develop a gun intended to fire rocket assisted projectiles with ranges of over 150 kilometers. In 1988, Iraq contracted a foreign company for the design of such "superguns". Components were procured by Iraq for guns with a caliber of 350mm and 1000mm. Iraq conducted several trials of the 350mm guns using lead projectiles. Iraq claimed that it had never received any design, assistance, materials or equipment for rocket associated projectiles.

In response to resolution 687 (1991), Iraq declared components that it had acquired for both the 350mm and 1000mm guns. The Commission supervised the destruction of the declared components in 1991. An accounting of the components is provided in Table 12.

See following for details and images taken by UN inspectors at the supergun sites after Saddam allowed access.

fas.org...

www.unmultimedia.org...

fas.org...

www.frontline-defence.com...

edit on 10/7/2014 by tommyjo because: additional info added

edit on 10/7/2014 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Evidence Now Shows That ISIS Has Now Infiltrated The Gaza Strip, Has Hamas Lost Control?
Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

Despite denials by Hamas, there is growing evidence that the terrorist group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria [ISIS] -- also known as "The Islamic State" -- has begun operating in the Gaza Strip.

Palestinian Authority [PA] and Israeli security sources are convinced that followers of ISIS in the Gaza Strip are responsible for some of the recent rocket attacks on Israel.

Hamas, they say, seems to be losing control over the dozens of terror cells belonging to ISIS and other jihadi groups.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Evidence Now Shows That ISIS Has Now Infiltrated The Gaza Strip, Has Hamas Lost Control?

Hamas, they say, seems to be losing control over the dozens of terror cells belonging to ISIS and other jihadi groups.

Kind of like if the CDC lost containment in their Level 4 clean room and the viruses got out. You keep playing with something deadly and you have to expect it will eventually blow up in your face.

I think the only cure is to drop Chuck Norris on them.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Armageddon anyone?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Armageddon anyone?

No, that was a crappy film.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
I just hope Israel does not give them this one "nuclear materials" ! It is not good, not at all. They may use it even against Israel itself !!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952
You don't know the joys of a smart and typing on a viritual keyboard? It sucks but my phone is older & not what I used to be. Copy & pasting is annoying, especially when tabbing from one window to another.

Are chemical weapons WMDs? They sure can be but was the US worried about Chemical weapons being a threat to national security? The drive to war had so many avenues but ultimately it was the WMD fear mongering that drove us to the 2003 invasion. Iraq always had chemical weapons.

The intel was all a farce. They ultimately went to war over someone's word that Iraq had WMDs. The informant was later shocked to discover his lie caucused a war. But lets not pretend the US/UK was fooled by shoddy intel. They wanted to invade. They used 9/11 & rode the emotions of the people to justify the war. I was in the USN at that time working in the intel world that was specifically spying on the ME. I was all gun ho about terrorist hunting being that I'm from NY & was home that tragic Tuesday while in transit to my first duty station but when the order came through for war with Iraq I was wtf, Iraq, really? Many folks were for and against the war on my base, but orders were orders.

Now knowing what we know, if I could do it again I would have never joined that USN.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join