It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

edit on 10-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: burntheships

He has nothing to hide....

except for what he's hiding.

Which is just about everything he is doing, everything about who he really is,
what he really stands for, and what he really believes!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
This heavly sedated KLINGON wants some butt!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Where did I say I was a Conservative? Just because I detest the Dhalibama does not automatically make me Conservative.

I am more Libertarian and in that regard I dislike just about every politician.

fine; you libertarians/conservatives/contrarians seem to take offense to everything.

The apology is not enough, people need to be prosecuted. You cannot use a Federal agency, particularly one as notorious and vile as the Internal Revenue Service, to bully your opponents.

There still isn't proof that any of this was intended or part of some vast political conspiracy, most of the evidence used to support that conclusion can also be used to support an IRS that is more incompetent due to cronic issues with the number of staff members vs. amount of information that had to be procesed.
edit on 10-7-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
fine; you libertarians/conservatives/contrarians seem to take offense to everything.

I just said I was not a Conservative and here you are again. If you want to act obnoxious do it with someone else.

And frankly, the reason I, and other Libertarians, take offense is because our government does some pretty goddamn offensive things.

There still isn't proof that any of this was intended or part of some vast political conspiracy, most of the evidence used to support that conclusion can also be used to support an overworked office full of middle managers who took a short-cut in order to process a flood of non-profit applications.

If there was no wrong doing on Lerner's part why take the 5th? Why coach employees to be careful about a Congressional investigation? It is obvious something transpired.

edit on 10-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

why take the 5th?

because

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Cannot watch the video. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

why take the 5th?

because

youtu.be...
LOL

But Lois the innocent Lerner *IS* the "Police" !!!

She will be prosecuted anyway and completely defiled.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

the video is called "in praise of the 5th amendment" or "don't talk to the police", its a recorded lecture from a law professor and former defense attorny, about why the 5th amendment is neccessary to protect against self incrimination.

basically there are so many laws, rules, regulations, etc. that it is almost impossible for anyone NOT to be in violation of something, even if it's something minor like skipping a frankly redundant step in a proceedure checklist.

edit on 10-7-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

the video is called "in praise of the 5th amendment" or "don't talk to the police", its a recorded lecture from a law professor and former defense attorny, about why the 5th amendment is neccessary to protect against self incrimination.
basically there are so many laws, rules, regulations, etc. that it is almost impossible for anyone NOT to be in violation of something.

The only people who self incriminate are those that are guilty. If she did nothing wrong she would have walked into the hearing and explained what happened.

It is obvious that at least one felony was committed. I hope she goes to prison.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
****************************Wanted***********

just spreading the word.

Sergeant at Arms of the United States House of Representatives

go get her,,

he looks angry

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

But it isn't obvious she committed a felony, what felony would she have committed in doing her job?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

But it isn't obvious she committed a felony, what felony would she have committed in doing her job?

Using a Federal Agency to selectively target United States citizens and subsequently covering up that fact.

edit on 10-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: Bring back the Limelight

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

why take the 5th?

because

youtu.be...
LOL

But Lois the innocent Lerner *IS* the "Police" !!!

She will be prosecuted anyway and completely defiled.

Now the EPA has the power to garnish wages looks like the IRS gets some competition.

Which is more bad news for us.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
www.irs.gov...&-Non-Profits/Other-Non-Profits/Types-of-Organizations-Exempt-under-Section-501(c)(4)

these groups are trying to get a tax exemption....all the groups that apply for this exemption SHOULD EXPECT to be targeted...liberal groups were targeted, also.....guess what, most organizations that try and avoid taxes ARE ALSO TARGETED....shocker!!!

actually, i'm glad the IRS did this....they are trying to catch people and organizations cheating on their taxes.....tax dodging, it's called....they were doing their jobs

I see you stick up for Obama and Dems in general. Always towing the main stream spin they put out. Always an excuse.

What I think you're missing is this:

Most people don't care if it's a Red or Blue thing. It's a corrupt thing. Just so happens Obama is the one at the helm. He's holding the proverbial "Bag". My own opinion is we have been on a direct course for this before Bush Jr. was president. Obama has done nothing but make things worse.

People are getting sick of Corruption in Politics at all levels. I said in another thread I don't know what's scarier: knowing this is all orchestrated or Obama really feels none of this is his fault.

All this corruption needs to end now no matter what party is in office or who is president. But it won't, there is a plan in action and we all know it

Back on Topic.

This woman should be arrested put on suicide watch then put through a very long trial before being put in prison.

Funny thing is I think this Tax code should be eliminated. Campaign reform should be in place where both sides get an equal amount of cash, with caps on how much and how it can be spent. No more PAC's or Super PAC's, and no Corporations are not people. Any group that does not pay Tax's should be excluded from contributing to any politician.

Hell take it one step further. Bar all political donations. It's just another way to siphon wealth from the people anyway. This would allow people who are not rich, but with good ideas a chance at getting elected.

Every citizen should be required to have an ID to vote.. One person one vote.

/end rant

sorry =)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WhereAreTheGoodguys

but what makes you so sure she is guilty?

there has yet been no real evidence of anything more than her doing her job, that is investigating/looking closely at applicants for a specific non-profit/tax-exemption catagory.

all there has been is various pieces of circumstantial evidence, connected by broad speculation.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

but what makes you so sure she is guilty?

there has yet been no real evidence of anything more than her doing her job, that is investigating/looking closely at applicants for a specific non-profit/tax-exemption catagory.

all there has been is various pieces of circumstantial evidence, connected by broad speculation.

Well..People in Washington feel she broke the law. From today, 2 big stories.

Stockman files motion ordering the arrest of Lois Lerner
stockman.house.gov...

I guess you forgot she's in contempt of Congress...that is breaking the law.

Also Federal Judge Emmit G Sullivan dealt a huge blow to her with his court order today...

IRS officials were ordered to make a sworn declaration explaining how critical emails from Lois Lerner disappeared and what can be done to recover them during a hearing Thursday.

Judge Emmet G. Sullivan of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ordered agency officials to produce a sworn affidavit by Aug. 10 explaining how the emails were lost and how they may retrieved from other sources. The order comes as part of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit seeking Lerner's emails filed last October by the nonprofit watchdog group Judicial Watch.
washingtonexaminer.com...

Judge Sullivan has quite the reputation in DC, as one who puts up with NO BS. His punishment is swift and strong.

Des

edit on 10-7-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I was gonna say the same about the judge.

Its one thing to take an oath and appear before a congressional hearing. Its not to often you see a judge issue an order requiring a sworn deposition. He just moved the investigation into the criminal realm.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

It's just my opinion but I believe if she was innocent she would not of taken the 5th to begin with. Along with that- I believe the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming as do over 70% of the American people by one poll.

townhall.com...

It just reeks of corruption. I don't think this is the first time it's been done by any stretch. I recall Nixon tried something like this. It needs to stop though, bottom line. That agency, hell every agency should have ZERO political influence, heck their should be a department that watch's over them full time. Department of Justice maybe...

I know , I know that's pushing it. I'm sorry for the Dems but Obama and Learner are holding the bag.

It is what it is.

I don't know about you but if I was innocent and there is nothing to hide I would be screaming it! Talking about it non stop. If I were her I'd be on every talk and radio show there is to explain why everyone else is so wrong. That's a huge problem and why no one believes her and beyond that Obama. They never explain anything, in some cases get caught lying.

As far as the notion that both sides were being targeted equally that has been shot down. I mean she wasn't doing any favors was she ?

dailycaller.com...

You should not have to be a Democrat or Republican to see there is a problem (not just with this situation). Most Americans are middle of the road both sides are swinging two far left and right. That's why in my opinion we need to strictly follow the constitution, enforce current laws and prosecute every corrupt official we can find, make examples out of all them, Democrat or Republican

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

okay; that's cute; first I get criticised for posting supposedly "biased" left-wing sources, and now you come along and start posting daily caller and townhall, neither of which has even the slightest hint of journalistic integrity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join