It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Is About to Destroy Biblical History in Iraq -

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
ISIS Is About to Destroy Biblical History in Iraq
- See more at: hnn.us...

Soon afterward the minions of the self-appointed caliph of the freshly self-declared Islamic State, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, paid a visit to the Mosul Museum. It has been closed for years for restoration, ever since it was looted along with many of Iraq’s other institutions in the wake of the culturally oblivious American-led invasion of 2003. But the Mosul Museum was on the verge of reopening, at last, and the full collection had been stored there.

“These groups of terrorists—their arrival was a brutal shock, with no warning,” Iraqi National Museum Director Qais Hussein Rashid told me when he visited Paris last week with a mission pleading for international help. “We were not able to take preventive measures.”

Indeed, museum curators and staff were no better prepared than any other part of the Iraqi government. They could have learned from al-Baghdadi’s operations in neighboring Syria that a major source of revenue for his insurgency has been the sale of looted antiquities on the black market. As reported in The Guardian, a windfall of intelligence just before Mosul fell revealed that al-Baghdadi had accumulated a $2 billion war chest, in part by selling off ancient artifacts from captured Syrian sites. But the Iraqi officials concerned with antiquities said the Iraqi intelligence officers privy to that information have not shared it with them.
- See more at: hnn.us...

OH no, it makes me physically ill, to see these ancient landmarks and artifacts destroyed and sold.

www.thedailybeast.com...

ISIS militants take sledgehammers to Mosul tomb of Prophet Jonah

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... south-Baghdad.html#ixzz3715od2FE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Muslims and Christians both revere and thought this was the tomb of Jonah, regardless of whether it is or not it is still an ancient historical site.

edit on 063131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

The rebels, who are members of the Islamic State terror group, were filmed attacking centuries-old graves in the north-west city of Mosul in Ninevah province.

The shrine of the Prophet Seth (Shayth) was also destroyed by rebels, according to reports.

edit on 063131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
One mans Holy Site is another mans blasphemy.

Despite my feelings on religion I have to say that you are correct it is awful to see ancient temples and other historic sites destroyed. The upside is that if there are no longer any great works or sites to be saved it gives the rest of the world very little reason why not to turn the entire region into a sea of glass.

Personally I say we give the citizens of that region 48 hours to get their women and children to an evacuation center on the border and let the USAF do the rest.... The BS in that region will not stop until all the men are dead.

(BTW) that bit about killing all the men? That was from a very wise Iraqi adviser to the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Iraq war.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

They are in short DEVIL's and there soul's are damned, these people are not just misguided they are totally Evil and without remorse, how many christians and innocent muslims have they slaughtered and why have our supposed government's allowed these atrocity's to continue.
If that is truly Jonahs tomb they are trying to destroy the witness to the word of God and they shall answer, Whom ever removes the least of these words shall have there name struck out of the book's of life (from the word's of the first and the last book of revelation), do not pity them for they are not alive but tool's of SATAN and his unholy Lie, may god curse them for there actions and may they swiftly come to his wrath.
edit on 9-7-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

Yes, all ancient sites are special to most of us now days, I would hope.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Also destroyed 12 mosques and 11 churches, I believe that is the right number.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Al-Chalabi added that “there is almost certain information stating the fact that the elements of ISIL dug up the grave of the Prophet Younis.”

In just one day, ISIL members committed a series of horrific crimes which illustrate their hostile nature, said Iraqi police in Ninawa spokesman Maj. Ahmed al-Obaidi.

“They torched 11 churches and monasteries out of 35 scattered across the city of Mosul, and hours later destroyed statues of poets, literary and historical figures of which Mosul has long been proud,” he said.

Three Sunni clerics were killed at the hands of ISIL gunmen in different parts of Mosul, he added.

The clerics, named Khattab Hassan, 43, Riyadh al-Wandi, 39, and Abdul Ghafoor Salman, 48, had called on local residents to reject the ISIL and had refused to leave the city, al-Obaidi said.

The gunmen then demolished the historic grave of the prophet Yunus (Jonah) and the shrine of prophet Shayth (Seth), revered by Muslims and Christians alike, which are located inside centuries-old mosques, he said.

I didn't know who the prophet Seth was.

shoebat.com...

www.islamicknowledge.org...-blessings-and-peace-be-upon-him.html

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Okay ... I've got a question. I doubt anyone can answer it but I'll toss it out there anyways. These nutters are going around destroying tombs and mosques and churches. If they get into Mecca, would they smash up Muhammads tomb and that Kaaba etc etc as well? Is that the kind of thing that would be on their hit list?

Mecca is a huge money maker for the Saudis, and it keeps the people distracted which is what the Saudi Royals like. I can't see the House of Saud allowing the ISIS nutters to get a strong foothold in their country like has happened in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why what are they hoping to accomplish?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Indeed ISIL whatever you call the barbarians, are the lowest pole of human nature, and the worst level that religion exhibits: ethnocentric bigotry, egomaniacal “my religion is the only religion” even with my religion, my sect is the only sect that has truth.

This is the bottom of human consciousness; they are the dregs of humanity.

If the world were conscious( of course the existence of people like ISIL probably means the world is unconscious) it would unite, through the UN, and every country send 2000 troops, and they would wipe these barbaric savages off the face of the earth in a week..

Then we would hear all the stupid liberals and Alex Jones types screaming:

“NEW WORLD ORDER PLOT” in the case of the Jones types and, NO MORE WAR in the case of the Liberals.

They will do this, destroy ancient relics, because the ignoramuses in Salafi Islam think these things are idols.

They even destroy the shrines of Muslim saints. These flea infested savages would desecrate the tomb of Rumi if they could…

edit on 9-7-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You have a point, Will, why is the world so silent?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Willtell

You have a point, Will, why is the world so silent?

Because we created the whole that they now fill.

My best guess, any who.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I don't know but I am shocked they are destroying mosques.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

IMO, Maybe because there is geopolitical chicanery behind ISIL?

And those behind this are powerful enough to control the levers of power in the UN.

It’s kind of strange we don’t hear much from the UN here.

There is so many Sinister Forces in this world anything is possible

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

There destruction of Mosques is sectarianist in origin and they whom are one sect are attacking another far more moderate and tollerant sect in it's very heartland with the intention of destroying it and it's followers to force them to convert to there radical interpretation of there religion.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Im not a religious person but Im not for destroying religious sites, religious or not theses places have been around for a long time and endured, and then along comes these a$$holes and destroy everything they can get their hands on that can never be replaced. After this all ends these things will be gone forever and that is really sad. Its like they are trying to erase history, I hope someone is able to save at least something out of it.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Religious fanatics do stuff like that, even the more moderate Saudi regime covered the 'Tomb of Eve" outside of Jeddah with concrete in the 70's

Tomb of Eve

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Okay ... I've got a question. I doubt anyone can answer it but I'll toss it out there anyways. These nutters are going around destroying tombs and mosques and churches. If they get into Mecca, would they smash up Muhammads tomb and that Kaaba etc etc as well? Is that the kind of thing that would be on their hit list?

Truthfully, I believe they would. If they are willing to insult their own religion and another's religion with these acts, then you can rest assure that they would do the exact same in Saudi Arabia if they got there of course. It actually proves to me that they aren't real Muslims and do not respect the religion they proclaim to be launching Jihad for. They are just thugs using religion as a mask.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Religious fanatics do stuff like that, even the more moderate Saudi regime covered the 'Tomb of Eve" outside of Jeddah with concrete in the 70's

Tomb of Eve

yes, they do.

There was a tomb of eve?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I don't know but I am shocked they are destroying mosques.

I read a story yesterday that they executed a pile of Muslims who they thought weren't 'muslim enough'. I don't understand how people can be so far gone like this .... and I don't understand why God doesn't intervene and set them straight. They are doing all this in HIS name. I'd get ticked if people went around murdering others in my name like that.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

God acts through us and if we do not act he will leave it to us until we do, God only ever intervenes very rarely and when it is out of the control of human being's but other than that he is more concerned with our soul as this world has a demolition notice already in place, it will pass away as will it's heaven but a new world and a new heaven will replace it (more a spiritual transition as we pass over at our own death) and it is not a garden full of virgins, why would we want to spend eternity in a safari park playing the alpha chimp when our mind's are no longer constrained by the bounds of the flesh, man was made to work, in the resurrection there is no difference between a man and a woman (contrary to islam and the Kabballah), they shall have new body's like the angel's, celestial bodys or heavenly spiritual bodys, they shall be given freely of the water of life but if they do not want it they are free to sleep.
edit on 9-7-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join