It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you came face to face with God .. what would you say to Him?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You are in Philadelphia walking on a sidewalk in the city and coming from the side street toward you is God Himself. The two of you come together on the street corner and look at each other. Before the street light changes and everyone crosses the street and continues on you take the opportunity and tell/ask him ________________ (fill in the blank). Keep in mind the city street light changes every 30 seconds or so. That's all the time you've got. Make it count. (Yes I know, that's not how it works, but just go along with it ... )

From me ... "what the heck were you thinking? Why so much suffering in this world? For crying out loud, make it stop! And where the heck have you been? Your kids are out of control and need some parental intervention!!'

Not exactly reverent but I'm frustrated ...

** Side note .. A few months ago a certain member here (I won't name him) posted that he didn't believe in God but if he was wrong and ever met God then he'd punch upside the head (something like that). I remembered that post today because I"m having a painful day from my ailments so it popped into my head and I thought of making this thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I would attempt to stay silent.

I don't think anything I say would hold any merit assuming he'd know I'd say it before I decided to say it.

I'd wait and see if he/she/it spoke first.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

"Why are you dressed as a dude, we all know yow'm a chick"

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
When I meet God in person the first thing I'm gonna say "Thank You"

edit on JulX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Meaningless question since God does not exist. The only people who can answer this question are those deluded enough to believe an entity such as a "god" can exist.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I talk to Him every day.

All I'd say is, "Keep in touch!"

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
"you didn't see EVERYTHING did you?"

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'd ask why so many of his employee's have been caught abusing children, and why he's done sweet fa about it!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Was that member me? Sounds like something I would have posted during a moment of passion.

I would say: "If you are truly God, you already know exactly how I feel. You also know where to meet me if you want to continue this conversation. I'll be waiting." And then I would walk away. I would go to a very particular coffee shop and wait for one hour. If he shows, there's a possibility of changing my mind about him. If he doesn't, then that will settle my mind for me.

And yes, I know that kinda sorta cheats the parameters of your question, but I also know that I wouldn't waste 30 seconds trying to communicate something I've spent years trying to puzzle out. It takes finesse to discuss these things, particularly when you're playing verbal chess with a deity.
edit on 9-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Take me with you.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

"So... It's about time all this crap was on fire. You taking up slacking in your old age, or am I to assume your presence means that the delays in beta testing for Apocalypse.exe have been worked through?"

There is too much sin in this world, and God knows I have done enough of it, despite my best efforts to avoid it. I find myself thinking sometimes, if it would not have been a good idea for the big man to microwave the human race at the beginning, at The Fall of man, rather than allow this plodding, terrifying, hate ridden mess of a species to continue.

Some days, however, faith is the only thing that keeps me inspired for the human race, eager to see what it does next. I think anyone, believer or not, who thinks deeply about the things which effect the human race, would voice such a concern to the creator. We would be remiss not to!
edit on 9-7-2014 by TrueBrit because: Corrected grammar.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You made quite a mess of things down there buddy. Perhaps you should think about that before you judge me.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
Was that member me? .

Nope. I'll verify the person if he comes on and says I can confirm it.
(He doesn't post often)
When he said it a few months ago, it stuck in my head.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
Was that member me? .

Nope. I'll verify the person if he comes on and says I can confirm it.
(He doesn't post often)
When he said it a few months ago, it stuck in my head.

Either way, interesting question. I hope we get a decent discussion out of it.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamatus
You made quite a mess of things down there buddy. Perhaps you should think about that before you judge me.

Best one so far

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Depending on my mood that day, I'd either:

1) Lay down a long list of grievances, same as you (angrily, and probably more personal grievances because I'm selfish like that.)

2) Brown-nose and try to score some perks.

Heck, I might even try for both if I was feeling especially full of myself that day.

Do I get points for honesty?

Edit: Knowing my luck, God would probably be on an important Bluetooth call and avert eye contact with me anyway

edit on 9-7-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Depending my mood that day I'd either:

1) Lay down a long list of grievances, same as you (angrily.)

2) Brown-nose and hope s/he likes the worship in exchange for some perks

Heck, I might even try for both if I was feeling especially full of myself that day

Given what gods used to be presented with in the old days, our form of gift-bearing and groveling must be decidedly underwhelming and mundane.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I might even try for both if I was feeling especially full of myself that day.

Do the 'passive-aggressive' thing, eh?

Hey God .. what were you thinking? This place is a mess and you aren't doing anything about it! But hey, you mean well and I understand, you have a hard job. Take me with you and I can help you manage it all!'

There ya' go ....

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Sadly, I would likely exclaim, "OMG!!" and then apologize profusely.

I would waste my entire 30 seconds being overly polite, and end up by thanking him for me being born in Canada.

Then I would walk away embarrassed....likely into a hydro pole.
(You think I'm kidding.)

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I might even try for both if I was feeling especially full of myself that day.

Do the 'passive-aggressive' thing, eh?

Hey God .. what were you thinking? This place is a mess and you aren't doing anything about it! But hey, you mean well and I understand, you have a hard job. Take me with you and I can help you manage it all!'

There ya' go ....

I can't imagine anything being hard for someone who is all-powerful and all-knowing.
edit on 9-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join